HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific

Old Posted Feb 3, 2023, 6:35 AM

Post Travel Alone in South Korea

As an avid Korean drama fan that wants to experience the K-culture, traveling alone in South Korea can be a unique and rewarding experience. It's my dream to visit all the scenic locations from my fave dramas. I want the full-blown KDrama fan experience and not just a group tour where I have to follow a set of schedules in a limited time. So I'm thinking of getting a private tour as my best solution. I know I may have to shell out more money but I want this to be a memorable experience for me, so taking a private tour is the solution that I find. Several benefits I learned while researching for private tours are as follows:
  • Flexibility: With a private tour, you can customize your itinerary to your specific interests and needs, ensuring a more personalized and enjoyable experience.
  • Time-saving: Private tours often have pre-arranged transportation and skip-the-line access to popular attractions, saving you time and hassle.
  • Safety: A private tour guide can provide local knowledge and assistance, ensuring a safer and more comfortable experience. I found a page where you can talk to a local tour guide and customize your itinerary here: https://gowithguide.com/korea it's nice because there are reviews from real people and their experiences.
  • Convenience: A private tour can include all necessary transportation, accommodations, and activities, making it easier to travel and enjoy the country without worrying about logistics.
  • Cultural Immersion: And lastly but most important, private tour guide can provide valuable insights into the local culture, history, and customs, allowing for a deeper understanding and appreciation of the country.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have other suggestions.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2023, 2:20 PM
ad scientia

I would say that there are situations that it is better to travel alone, but there are others that are not. There is no right answer. There is a contingency of multiple possible decisions resulting in a choice.

All of my international travels have been solo, but in destinations that are easy for me. What's easy? Understandable language and writing, climate similar to homeland, pleasant food, favorable political system, absence of diseases that can be contracted in the destination, tolerant local religion and culture, etc.

Korea for me is a difficult destination to do alone. And there is another component: The main entertainment for me in this country I see doing in the presence of at least one other friend, like getting to know Seoul's nightlife, for example, full of entertainment, experiences and leisure options. In a more vibrant social interaction, it's good to have someone around, taking into account the aspects that make Korea more difficult to visit than the United States, for example.

Recently a friend and I discussed the possibility of traveling to Asia, but there was no consensus. We didn't solve anything because I wanted Korea and my friend wanted to go to Thailand. Many here want Thailand, but I think I would have a lot more fun in Korea. But this destination, me not being Asian, I'd do it with 1 more or in a group.

I am now traveling to Australia and alone. This friend of mine is now an ex-friend and another trip I am considering taking is to Italy in the presence of my mother, who dreams of visiting other countries there as well.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2024, 2:13 AM

Travel preferences can vary a lot, and there's no one-size-fits-all answer. It's great that you've had positive solo travel experiences in places that suit your comfort zone. Maybe try visiting fun places in the US.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific