HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 31, 2010, 6:17 PM
The Man

Phoenix Sky Harbor skytrain under construction.

The Phoenix sky train to link the light rail with the airport parking and terminals under construction.

Sorry for the poor quality, I forgot my camera and took these with my cellphone camera inside the airport. The giant beams through the windows and reflective windows don’t really help the quality either. This is a great project that has been underphotographed so far IMO opinion though, so deal

Looking east from the east end of terminal 4.

It’s hard to tell with the low quality picture, but those 2 buildings off in the distance that it looks like the tracks would lead to if they kept going straight are Centerpoint in Tempe, I believe.

Looking west from the same locationish back at the terminal now.

You can clearly tell from this angle that the train is going to run on the south (Southwest airlines) side of the terminal and the station is going to be adjacent to the first floor of the parking garage above the terminal. It’ll be interesting to see if they build some sort of entrance or escalators into the terminal from the station or if it just lets off into the parking garage. I don’t know what design is planned for that. Anyone with better information please enlighten me

Looking east from farther west in the terminal now.

Looking up at the station getting built from the walkway between the C and D concourse on the south side of the terminal.

Looking west from the west end of terminal 4 at terminal 3.

Out the D concourse now looking back at the south side of the terminal. The station they are building above the terminal. If you look at the right side of the picture (sorry about the quality 1 last time) you can see the sky train coming in from the east above everything else.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos