HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 11:44 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
It always seemed like Pizzeria Bianco would over take-out pizzas when Hell froze over. Hell froze over in March 2020.
Until then, Pane Bianco offered carryout but would not take phone orders. Then in March not only would they take them but they introduced an 18" NY style pizza. I think they are no longer open for dinner, because it's summer, which is what they have done in the past. Meanwhile, as you suggested, Pizzeria Bianco is taking carryout orders and offering curbside pickup.

Not ready to sit in a restaurant yet, but have been making the rounds with pizza pickup. Did Pomo early on the but person who brought it out was unmasked. The drive through at Federal Pizza works well.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Until then, Pane Bianco offered carryout but would not take phone orders. Then in March not only would they take them but they introduced an 18" NY style pizza. I think they are no longer open for dinner, because it's summer, which is what they have done in the past. Meanwhile, as you suggested, Pizzeria Bianco is taking carryout orders and offering curbside pickup.

Not ready to sit in a restaurant yet, but have been making the rounds with pizza pickup. Did Pomo early on the but person who brought it out was unmasked. The drive through at Federal Pizza works well.
Postino has also done an excellent job as well, but they have been a well-oiled machine since forever.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 3:17 AM

Found a more recent article on Punch Bowl Social, which has been in limbo since the lockdowns began in March.

https://www.nrn.com/news/punch-bowl-...rel-divestment

From the article: “ He reiterated that the issues with the two landlords of the closed locations do not affect their future reopening plans, including five new locations in various stages of development that have been pushed back from opening in 2020 to opening in 2021-2022. The new restaurants will be located in Phoenix, The Washington Nationals’ baseball stadium, Houston, Kansas City, Mo., and St. Louis.

From the article, more or less, dining restrictions will be what determines when they open. Though since the Phoenix location is still under development and hired/fired all their staff, I can see it opening 2021.

On a side note, I think there was some hubbub a few months back about Lucky Strike at CityScape closing permanently. Today, I saw CityScape recently updated their website, still listing Lucky Strike as a tenant. I think it’s a good sign, thus far, that they won’t be leaving us yet.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Found a more recent article on Punch Bowl Social, which has been in limbo since the lockdowns began in March.

https://www.nrn.com/news/punch-bowl-...rel-divestment

From the article: “ He reiterated that the issues with the two landlords of the closed locations do not affect their future reopening plans, including five new locations in various stages of development that have been pushed back from opening in 2020 to opening in 2021-2022. The new restaurants will be located in Phoenix, The Washington Nationals’ baseball stadium, Houston, Kansas City, Mo., and St. Louis.

From the article, more or less, dining restrictions will be what determines when they open. Though since the Phoenix location is still under development and hired/fired all their staff, I can see it opening 2021.

On a side note, I think there was some hubbub a few months back about Lucky Strike at CityScape closing permanently. Today, I saw CityScape recently updated their website, still listing Lucky Strike as a tenant. I think it’s a good sign, thus far, that they won’t be leaving us yet.
Punch Bowl Social has a for lease sign up in front of it so IDK if the battle with the landlord is going well

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Punch Bowl Social has a for lease sign up in front of it so IDK if the battle with the landlord is going well
There’s been a ‘for lease’ sign in front of that building for a while, even before COVID, I believe

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 9:02 PM

A list of some of the restaurants that have recently closed because of Covid-19.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/li...covid-19-tests

Sorry for forgetting link.

Last edited by Classical in Phoenix; Jun 29, 2020 at 2:47 PM.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 11:44 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
A list of some of the restaurants that have recently closed because of Covid-19.
Is there a link?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 5:51 PM
self-important urbanista

Blanco Tacos has a liquor license pending for the Block 23 location. Tentative opening date is listed as November.

Also listed on the council agenda for the July 1 city council meeting is a measure that would make it easier for restaurants to expand or add outdoor dining via a streamlined process that does not involve a use permit hearing.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 3:26 AM

Greenwood Brewery made its debut on Roosevelt Row today, adding another option, when this is all said and done, for a bloated Friday night bar crawl!

In other news, SideBar on 7th Ave sadly closed its doors permanently.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 4:50 AM
Skyriser

Can bars alone sell to-go alcohol without food? Would be nice if Phoenix could designate an entertainment district of some kind to allow off-site or public consumption.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Greenwood Brewery made its debut on Roosevelt Row today
Have you tried their beer? I have not but looking at untapped app none of them are decently rated.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 2:50 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Can bars alone sell to-go alcohol without food? Would be nice if Phoenix could designate an entertainment district of some kind to allow off-site or public consumption.
Yes. That doesn't mean, however, that you can stroll down Roosevelt drinking your beer. Open container laws still apply. It does mean, however, that you can purchase cans, bottles, or a growler to enjoy at home.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Have you tried their beer? I have not but looking at untapped app none of them are decently rated.
Haven’t tried them either...yet. I’ll give it shot. I don’t anticipate it to be bad but I support their decision to build downtown and add to the scene.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 2:51 AM
self-important urbanista

I'm intrigued by the idea of their rosemary infused Essence IPA. Searching Untappd, I see Greenwood is not the only brewery to try this, but I'll stop by just to see what an herbal beer tastes like.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2020, 10:34 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
I'm intrigued by the idea of their rosemary infused Essence IPA. Searching Untappd, I see Greenwood is not the only brewery to try this, but I'll stop by just to see what an herbal beer tastes like.
Sounds hideous

Old Posted Jul 26, 2020, 7:52 PM

FYI, if you are looking for a delicious-if-likely unhealthy breakfast, try Ollie Vaughan's (McDowell and...18th street?). The "cinnamon roll" is really croissant dough rolled in serious amounts of cinnamon and sugar after it's...deep fried (I think). Tastes like a cronut, and I love it. Also love their customizable breakfast sandwiches.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 4:22 PM
self-important urbanista

Some detail on plans for Pedal Haus (and many other ventures) along Roosevelt Row:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ix/5527985002/

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Some detail on plans for Pedal Haus (and many other ventures) along Roosevelt Row:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ix/5527985002/
Wow pretty ambitious! I hope it all opens on time. Pretty bummed out about The Dressing Room (to be the Sake House). Really enjoyed the place, another COVID-related casualty it seems.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Wow pretty ambitious! I hope it all opens on time. Pretty bummed out about The Dressing Room (to be the Sake House). Really enjoyed the place, another COVID-related casualty it seems.
Agreed, the closing of Dressing Room hits close to home. Their Korean Fried Rice and Breakfast Burrito were killer!

The Lucky Lounge reminds me of Shady Park in Tempe off University with it’s back patio and airstream trailer. Construction has ramped up in the last few weeks at Lucky Lounge with a permit or two being pulled.

Last edited by Phxguy; Jul 29, 2020 at 6:05 PM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 5:48 PM

The Dressing Room (and their sister, The Larry) were two of my go-to spots when I was downtown. The RoRo Burger at Dressing Room was one of my favorite things. Really sad.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest