HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 24, 2019, 9:48 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2019 in Dalian

Dalian is a summer escape destination from the busier cities along the coast. Surrounded by the sea, the weather is slightly cooler, more laid-back, and cheaper. At the water's edge is the Grand Hyatt, whose restaurant, Dalian Dalian, offers spectacular views from the 46th floor.

Sea cucumbers are the famous sea creatures from this part of China. They are generally flavour-less so the key part of the dish is the sauce in order to bring out the plainless.

Sea urchins are also famous in the waters. In this dumpling dish, the sea urchin is added on top and also with the meat filling inside.

Xinghai Square is huge, and was strangely the host of an Oktoberfest in early August.

How many large cities can you find a working beach in the city? In this quadrant of China, only Qingdao and Dalian come into mind.

China is on a metro building spree. Dalian is no exception. On my last visit, I had to contend with the rickety tram line, a historical relic from the Japanese colonial period. Now, there are several subway / commuter lines that reach deep into the suburbs.

However, train don't run too frequently. Luckily, taxis are still very affordable and drivers are courteous. You don't need to yell at them to use the metre.

If you want to see more of historic and city centre Dalian, check out my old photo threads here : 2014 & 2012

East of Gangwan Square in the historic district is a new area of luxury residential buildings, hotels, and the conference centre.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/dalian.htm

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 12:43 AM

Skysrapers? yes it has. but you cannot find a decent angle to catch them all, aka, skylineless

Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 11:01 AM
Illustrator, editor

The city looks amazing, beautiful setting, clean streets and impressive skyline. But it seems to have problems with fog, as most other Chinese cities. Was in Shenzhen and Gunagzhou and it was much worse, it was even hard to see the shapes of the buildings and the sun, here it is not so much fog compared to this. Great shots! Like the contrast between the glass scrapers and the bronze (?) dome.

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 7:08 AM
Hong Kong

Old Posted Dec 25, 2019, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

I like the treatment of this façade, is it an arena?

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 11:07 AM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
I like the treatment of this façade, is it an arena?
Convention Center

https://www.archdaily.com/405787/dal...p-himmelb-l-au

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos