HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4121  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2021, 10:21 PM
BnaBreaker's Avatar
BnaBreaker BnaBreaker is online now
Future God
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago/Nashville
Posts: 18,077
How is it that these four grumpy asshats in one residential building hold so much sway? Who are they, The Avengers?
__________________
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."

-Bob Marley
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4122  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2021, 9:40 PM
Texcitement Texcitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 145
Announced today! Yet another office tower for Sobro. Tishman Speyer is planning a 36 story office tower on the 100 block of Korean Vets Blvd. This is in addition to the modified plan for the 3 tower Centrum project on the Cumulus site. This will be a dense area of downtown. Altogether there will be 11 new towers between 18 and 46 stories along Korean Vets Blvd. Combined with the Nashville yards, Giarratana's residential towers on Church Street and the Endeavor Demonbreum complex, there will be 25 new towers underway very soon. That's the size of a midsize city's whole downtown.

From the Bizjournal: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...velopment.html and https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...nashville.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4123  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 1:03 AM
MidTenn1's Avatar
MidTenn1 MidTenn1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Announced today! Yet another office tower for Sobro. Tishman Speyer is planning a 36 story office tower on the 100 block of Korean Vets Blvd. This is in addition to the modified plan for the 3 tower Centrum project on the Cumulus site. This will be a dense area of downtown. Altogether there will be 11 new towers between 18 and 46 stories along Korean Vets Blvd. Combined with the Nashville yards, Giarratana's residential towers on Church Street and the Endeavor Demonbreum complex, there will be 25 new towers underway very soon. That's the size of a midsize city's whole downtown.

From the Bizjournal: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...velopment.html and https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...nashville.html
From Urban Planet Twitter;





This is the best;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 12, 2021 at 1:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4124  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 2:14 AM
nashvilleron nashvilleron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
Well its not been stated yet what kind of tower Tishman wants to build there. All we know is a 36 story tower and that is what Swerdling was going to do.
Frank May has been working on getting some changes made to the lot zoning or consolidation wise, I can’t remember which. My guess it will be a mixed use tower. There is a lot of office space under construction, planned, and rumored right now and with most of the Pinnacle building becoming vacant in the next few years, SoBro is not as appealing as it once was because of all of the rowdy tourist.
Look for more office to be proposed on the East Bank very soon.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4125  
Old Posted Oct 12, 2021, 3:14 AM
downtownNashville downtownNashville is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Well its not been stated yet what kind of tower Tishman wants to build there. All we know is a 36 story tower and that is what Swerdling was going to do.
Frank May has been working on getting some changes made to the lot zoning or consolidation wise, I can’t remember which. My guess it will be a mixed use tower. There is a lot of office space under construction, planned, and rumored right now and with most of the Pinnacle building becoming vacant in the next few years, SoBro is not as appealing as it once was because of all of the rowdy tourist.
Look for more office to be proposed on the East Bank very soon.
Frank May’s parcels along 2nd/KVB/Hermitage Ave were all consolidated a few months ago, with the stated purpose of the consolidation being to “facilitate a high rise mixed-use development with heights at or above 30 stories.” Would not be surprised to see a Fairmont hotel + residential / retail tower go up here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4126  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 1:11 AM
Texcitement Texcitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 145
The proposal is for 49 stories at 680', a second tallest for the city behind the 750' tall YMCA tower. By 2025 Nashville will have the most impressive skyline of any metro area under 3 million. Get ready for 30+ tower cranes across the CBD in the next year.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4127  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 1:51 AM
downtownNashville downtownNashville is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
The proposal is for 49 stories at 680', a second tallest for the city behind the 750' tall YMCA tower. By 2025 Nashville will have the most impressive skyline of any metro area under 3 million. Get ready for 30+ tower cranes across the CBD in the next year.
What proposal are you referencing? The rumored proposal at 133 KVB or at a different site?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4128  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 2:09 AM
Texcitement Texcitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownNashville View Post
What proposal are you referencing? The rumored proposal at 133 KVB or at a different site?
Yes
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4129  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 1:00 PM
MidTenn1's Avatar
MidTenn1 MidTenn1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,131
Delete;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Oct 20, 2021 at 10:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4130  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 4:00 PM
nashvilleron nashvilleron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
The number of proposed and UC towers around the Yards is about 22, so that is a whole other cluster. Remember there are others in the S. Gulch, Midtown, and East Bank, some of which I can’t talk about.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4131  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 4:28 PM
mbayou1 mbayou1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
When do you think this will be official?

EDIT; The number of proposed towers in this part of town is incredible. And I can reasonably expect all to be built.
EDIT #2; 133 KVB is where the former Fairmont Hotel was proposed and not where (stupid) Google maps showed me.



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4132  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 9:00 PM
ILUVSAT's Avatar
ILUVSAT ILUVSAT is offline
May the Schwartz be w/ U!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: S.A. | Nashville | ???
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
By 2025 Nashville will have the most impressive skyline of any metro area under 3 million.
In all fairness, Austin's will be more impressive...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4133  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 9:20 PM
Texcitement Texcitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
In all fairness, Austin's will be more impressive...
We'll see! Taller yes, but in sheer number of towers that's going to be a challenge for Austin. I love my former hometown, but it's got competition here. Nashville will have a 750 footer by then too.

I assume you didn't notice I said "under 3 million". Don't you think Austin will be above that by then? OK, maybe not by 2026, but by 2030 definitely.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4134  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2021, 10:32 PM
ILUVSAT's Avatar
ILUVSAT ILUVSAT is offline
May the Schwartz be w/ U!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: S.A. | Nashville | ???
Posts: 1,255
Again, in all fairness, Austin has just as many (if not more) projects in the pipeline. Also, until ground is turned, I wouldn't be so sure on those taller ones (750' and 680'). It's been a challenge for Nashville to get those off the ground. We'll see...hopefully! I'd love to see that.

As for the 3 million mark - Austin should hit is around 2030 and Nashville in 2047ish (based on average respective growth over the past 10 years).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4135  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 12:20 AM
Texcitement Texcitement is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Again, in all fairness, Austin has just as many (if not more) projects in the pipeline. Also, until ground is turned, I wouldn't be so sure on those taller ones (750' and 680'). It's been a challenge for Nashville to get those off the ground. We'll see...hopefully! I'd love to see that.

As for the 3 million mark - Austin should hit is around 2030 and Nashville in 2047ish (based on average respective growth over the past 10 years).
LOL Someone from my college 'hometown' is challenging me on a comment I made with enthusiastic love for my now 'hometown', but it is what it is. To the bold type... Nashville is a city that's been traditionally 'scared' of height. Nearly all of those tall proposals have been killed by the planning commission. Austin is great and will always be my go-to in the state of my birth Full disclosure: I was born and raised in the Metroplex. Are you from SA?

Austin and Nashville will both be kicking ass in 2025 and 2030. The city planners here are saying Nashville will hit 3 million by 2040. I may still be here. It's been great to me. The only other place I'll consider living in is Austin!

So where in Austin do you live? I haven't been back since before COVID. Due for a return.

I don't doubt you about the number of projects/proposals, but I haven't been able to see a comprehensive list of them. Can you share a link please?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4136  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:20 AM
The ATX's Avatar
The ATX The ATX is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Where the lights are much brighter
Posts: 10,536
There is no reason for Austin and Nashville to get into a "Who is building the most towers argument." But since asked, this is a list I keep updated in the Austin sub forum:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...05&postcount=6
__________________
Follow The ATX on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TheATX1

Things will be great when you're downtown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4137  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:31 AM
nashvilleron nashvilleron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
I know Austin has a ton of taller towers under construction and proposed than Nashville does and the Austin skyline buries Nashville now.
Just a lot happening there. Me and The ATX have shared on another forum before and he is the man as far as list goes!!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4138  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 1:37 AM
nashvilleron nashvilleron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
After looking at the list The ATX provided I will say the biggest difference is the 3 or so tall tower Austin has UC or planned.

I think the number of high-rises are comparable between the two cities as I have list I can put together that is very similar and will try to post soon. However, there are a few projects that have been proposed with no renderings yet.

Need to talk to you again soon ATX!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4139  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 2:42 PM
MidTenn1's Avatar
MidTenn1 MidTenn1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,131
By my count (there is no formal 'list' that I know of) The Cities are about even in buildings in the pipeline. I based it on my pp slides that I have prepare for every 'pipeline' project in Nashville. I didn't count several that are technically still under construction, but close to opening, so the Nashville count is a little conservative. Austin counts are based on the list of Austin projects published above on the Nashville Development thread.

But, over 400', Nashville had the edge by one, from 300' to 399 Austin had the edge by 3 or four. So both, right now are similar.

I've always said, that if Charlotte is a little like New York City, then Nashville is a little like L. A. And I guess Austin is a little like Houston/Dallas. All great cities, but each with its own character and personality.
'nuff said. Back to Nashville stuff.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4140  
Old Posted Oct 14, 2021, 3:14 PM
MidTenn1's Avatar
MidTenn1 MidTenn1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,131
Belmont University is growing incredibly and marking it's mark as an important University with it's high end expansion.
Two recent projects include the new Fisher Center for the Performing Arts which debuted this weekend in spectacular fashion. It will be perfect for high quality symphonic and opera productions.


This gives Nashville two 'world class' music and performance halls.

Courtesy of Markhollin on Urban Planet;


And now they are building Nashville's third medical school;


These are two important additions to Nashville's growing academic and cultural greatness.

Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:48 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.