HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 12:37 PM
BANNED

As the financial capital of the world, there’s a virtually endless cycle of demand for new space. Indeed, for those who falsely think that working from home is the new norm... It certainly isn’t for Wall Street’s banking powerhouses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56192048

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 4:00 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Agreed. I work with clients in the wealth management space, and even here in Southern California, they are starting to return to the office, albeit at a far reduced capacity (less than 20%) and with strict mask mandates. Offices will come back. Likely not exactly as they were before, but they are not going away.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 4:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
^ Agreed. I work with clients in the wealth management space, and even here in Southern California, they are starting to return to the office, albeit at a far reduced capacity (less than 20%) and with strict mask mandates. Offices will come back. Likely not exactly as they were before, but they are not going away.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Hi there from yimby forums,

I'm pretty new here so I'm going to get used to chatting here

But anyway thanks for posting these Minecraft builds, really appreciated them. It was one of the most difficult skyscrapers I've built so far

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 5:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Well, hopefully we will get some great lighting that highlights the crown as such.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 8:46 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
As the financial capital of the world, there’s a virtually endless cycle of demand for new space. Indeed, for those who falsely think that working from home is the new norm... It certainly isn’t for Wall Street’s banking powerhouses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56192048
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Yeah offices aren't going anywhere. There have been countless cries of "the office is dead" throughout the past 200 years, starting even as far back as the invention of the telegraph lol.

In the early 1900s as telephone netwerks were becoming widespread, all the futurists were saying that by the 1920's there would be no office buildings left in the developed world; they would all be converted to housing, and all the space-hungry, noisy, dirty urban commuter railroad networks which were rapidly expanding at the time were about to become just as obsolete as all the other ancient staples of urban life, like open sewers and garbage fires in the streets.

Similar predictions reappeared after the invention of the telefax machine, and then again with email, and then again most recently with the rise of coworking spaces. It just won't happen.

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Last edited by jbermingham123; Feb 25, 2021 at 9:53 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 3:28 AM
New Yorker for life

It will be interesting to see this start to take shape from 1 Vanderbilt and even the Chrysler Building when they open the observation deck.

https://twitter.com/Ivan_Bushka/stat...94429369647107

When the Grand Hyatt comes down, we'll get a temporary completely open view of Grand Central like we did when the Vanderbilt site was cleared...

https://www.mas.org/photo_exhibition...-construction/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 26, 2021 at 3:41 AM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 7:30 AM

I'd take a 1646' version of Chrysler. Heck, there were 5 of them in the Wiz...

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 12:22 PM
BANNED

This is a great photo!

Last edited by JMKeynes; Feb 26, 2021 at 2:23 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 3:36 PM

^did the guy with the blue shirt and Starbucks cup just smell shit? Or did he see shit? Maybe he shit a little in his pants? Basically what I'm trying to say is you only make that face if shit is involved

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 3:51 PM

^ He's thinking, "Not bad, but could be better" Dude under the Ryder Truck logo is definitely a professor though. Nobody in any other profession rocks a sports coat with jeans like that.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 4:01 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster99 View Post
^did the guy with the blue shirt and Starbucks cup just smell shit? Or did he see shit? Maybe he shit a little in his pants? Basically what I'm trying to say is you only make that face if shit is involved
I didn't even notice him, but you're right.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2021, 8:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
He found out he lost the role for Wolverine.

It's not shown in that early rendering, but I'm sure there will be mechanical equipment and BMU's up in that crown, as shown on Vanderbilt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLueWmtHqVn/

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 7:23 AM

I haven't posted here in years but I keep looking here daily and I am glued to this sight and all the great projects that are under construction or proposed, etc.

I just want to say this skyscraper is truly iconic and says "This is NYC"! It pays great homage to the Chrysler Building and the surrounding area buildings. I really hope this is approved at this height.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 5:09 PM

Quote:
He walked by Madison Square Garden about an hour before but is still disgusted by what he saw.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 5:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
He walked by Madison Square Garden about an hour before but is still disgusted by what he saw.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 6:21 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he's making a tears of joy face after seeing those renders of 1 Vanderbilt.

He's like "**sob**, its so beautiful... **sob** "

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 6:33 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Dx: Genekaufmantilitus

The condition that causes paralysis of the face, facial drooping and muscle rigidity when one looks at a Gene Kaufman or Sam Chang project.

Prescription: 10 grams/mL of "175 Park" renderings straight into the dome via 2" IV drip. For serious cases, insert 40 grams of "9 Dekalb" solution rectally.

People are most at risk when they stare at blank walls or severe set backs due to the skyplane. Such situations require immediate administration of 9 Dekalb solution rectally.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 7:44 PM
Show me the blueprints

Wayyyy too much effort is being put into this caption contest. That said, I'd go with:

"The barista keeps mispronouncing my name and I just don't know how much more of this injustice I can take! It's Kyle not Kylee! Sniff."

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 27, 2021, 8:09 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Guys hes just doing an obama impression:

"now, lemme be clear"

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals