HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 8:24 PM

Eavestrough/roofing companies in Hamilton?

All,

Any suggestions for a solid reliable company or tradesperson that does eavestrough cleaning/maintenance, repair, re-sloping etc? We would prefer the company to be insured and WSIB-registered.

Our house in downtown Hamilton is need of some help!

Thanks.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 12:29 PM

I installed seamless eavestrough last year, and was supplied by Roussel Eavestrough. I cannot speak to the quality of their installation since I did it myself, but they were happy to talk with me about what I needed, and were easy to deal with, punctual, and so on. You probably don’t want/need a big company like that for basic cleaning and maintenance, but for the more complicated stuff they might be a good choice. From my somewhat narrower perspective, I was pleased with them.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 3:48 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! You're right, we don't need a large company. More of a smaller operation but someone who has their own insurance and WSIB reg. I don't want someone on my roof without their being insured!

Old Posted Jul 10, 2014, 3:56 PM

I shouldn’t imply that they are a huge company. It was a fellow with the name ‘Roussel’ that I was talking to initially. If you need lengths replaced (and matched with the rest), a bigger contractor might not be inappropriate. Otherwise, you’re right that a handyman kind of outfit might be what you need- but you’re right to ask for someone who is properly insured.

I’m sure there are plenty of others (PearlStreet maybe?) who have recommendations.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion