HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 11:16 PM

[Waterdown] 5 Hamilton | ? | 6 fl | Proposed

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 4:18 PM

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 7:09 PM

I guess this is technically under construction now.

Question, I saw the city of Hamilton creating planning documents about this area, and recall seeing a map and other items regarding the redevelopment of this area into a more urban centre. I cannot for the life of me find that info back. I found information regarding the secondary plan, but not specifics on this corner, the map and vision renders.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Sep 13, 2021, 9:19 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I guess this is technically under construction now.

Question, I saw the city of Hamilton creating planning documents about this area, and recall seeing a map and other items regarding the redevelopment of this area into a more urban centre. I cannot for the life of me find that info back. I found information regarding the secondary plan, but not specifics on this corner, the map and vision renders.
This is probably what you have? https://www.hamilton.ca/city-plannin...nning-projects

Found this PDF via the DRP meeting schedule page, the community design guidelines for Waterdown (2021-06-10 meeting); but it's not linked (that I can see) on the "Waterdown Community Node Secondary Plan Study" page, a sub of the above web page... and why not??? Perhaps it's what you're talking about?: https://www.hamilton.ca/sites/defaul...guidelines.pdf

Hamilton does a piss-poor job of managing their planning-related inventory of documents. You can find general stuff, but something specific? Need to search and then it's like Where's Waldo. There are PDFs for many things, but you have to sift through other pages to find them and it's not obvious they'll be there.

I'd love to see it all on a unique website, geographically organized. Even just a better sub of the city site. Same with info about the HSR and transit in general.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs