HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 8:37 AM

UPDATE:

6 SLOTS LEFT!!!

If demand is still strong, I'm willing to convert that blank piece of land in the east side of the site ( Americas and Oceania ) into more pavilion space.

Responses for SSP and SSC:

Mike: That pavilion is jaw-dropping! That would look great on the site, and I liked how you tried to use traditional Asian architecture to house your European countries. Don't worry, I'll fix your texture problem in the renders.

cormiermax: Got it! Do read the pavilion guidelines in the first page for more info.

Flamesrule: cormiermax beat you to it. Would you want another country? How about Venezuela or Chile?

Conor: I've got to hand it to you. Your designs are very innovative. A balance between the EXPO theme and the culture of the respective countries. Great job! Can't wait to put your pavilion on site!

Tolbert: That design is awesome!!! I love the tropical architecture look! I'm excited to put in on site! I may have to fix your water texture though.

YingBlanc: Got it!

Foun10Head-x: No problem, though would it be alright if I just name it Polynesia Joint Pavilion? It would go well with the Africa Joint Pavilion naming scheme I devised.

Hakhaimo: Sorry if I hadn't posted your pavilion's renders yet. The site file keeps crashing when I paste your pavilion. Could you send me an SKP file as you have sent me the SKB one. Must be the problem. Okay lang ba?

I NOW HAVE PAVILIONS FROM:

1. Conor ( Egypt and UK/Ireland )
2. YingBlanc ( Eurus )
3. Foun10Head-X ( France )
4. Hakhaimo ( Singapore )
5. Mike_ ( Benelux )
6. Tolbert ( Germany and New Zealand )
_
8. burjdubai91 ( Indonesia, Philippines, Africa Joint and Australia )

Will wait for the rest! But don't worry, no pressure. I intended this project to last till December 31 in time for the New Year

Guys! Extremely sorry I can't post that huge render I promised as I have to study for a Philosophy exam. T_T

Watch out for more updates soon-ish.

http://burjdubai91.deviantart.com/

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 1:59 PM
Closed account

I'll take Chile then!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 3:56 PM
Total Egghead

Thanks for the response back, and for your understanding.

Yes, I'll take the Polynesia Joint and I will post my renders and the link today.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 4:31 PM

I have done the Russian Pavilion and it shall be called Bashnya Vyetra (Wind Tower): Power of Wind Energy. it will be powering both Russia and Eurus' Pavilion just by the wind power blowing off the river between building after building because of the wind-tunnel effect (clever thinking right :p) anyway onto the pictures and download:

(Eurus to left, Russia to right)

Download:http://rapidshare.com/files/432461831/Russian_Expo_Spot.skp

enjoy

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjdubai91 View Post
[B][SIZE="5"]

Tolbert: That design is awesome!!! I love the tropical architecture look! I'm excited to put in on site! I may have to fix your water texture though.
Thanks, and for the texture i hoped you would do that(i only have standart textures), same for the german pavillon. If you want you could make some of the trees on your site into the german pavillon as a replacement of my original trees
And, if you have the time to, it would be great if the german floor textures would be reflective

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 9:12 PM

could i take the spot above Canada for Panama since i have a great idea incorporating a wonder of the Americas and Green Architecture.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2010, 10:56 PM

just letting you know, but my pavilion will have horrible cliche's of Canada!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 2:23 AM
Total Egghead

Here's my Polynesia Joint concept:

With thanks to the Expo Aurora 2020 and with the French Pavilion being unveiled, we thought that adding another contribution would be great.

Polynesia Joint consists of four sectors, French Polynesia (territorial islands), Tuvalu, Samoa and Tonga (independent islands). Each represents natural green resources which includes the rainforest, environmental elements, agriculture and cultural significance that complements them.

The simple structure are strong wooded beams supports in cubical form. Swirls symbolizes the ocean life that are benificial to the island nation.

Here are renders, and we hope that it will be a great addition the Expo Aurora family.

Thanks for looking, and here are my contributions.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 2:31 AM
Total Egghead

Without further ado here are the renders of the Polynesia Joint Pavilion.

I hope you like it, comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 3:24 AM

Update+response

Responses for SSC and SSP:

Foun10Head-X: When I put up a poll on Best Pavilions after the Expo project, your designs are going to be tough contenders. These are really good! They capture the culture and the theme and balances it quite nicely without being too cliche or too forceful. You sure put a lot of work in your designs and your marketing. Good job!

YingBlanc: Wow, looks great! Would it be okay if I add more details? I'll retain the design, and I might make it taller coz the Japan pavilion beside it is quite tall. That's so both will not usurp each other for attention. Love the colors!
About the slot, let's wait first if there'll be new users who want to create pavilions. We have the 2 pavilion per person limit and you designed two already. However, if the slots remained unoccupied next week, then it's yours

Insertnamehere: That's not a problem C'mon, all your designs add to the diversity and whole-ness of the expo so all designs are considered important contributions for the EXPO is only as good as the turnout of the pavilions and their designs. I'm actually excited for what you'll come up. LOL. Don't keep us into suspense.

masterpaul: Got it! Though because all European pavilion slots are taken, I'll have to give you the slot beside Thailand, the slot beside the entrance of the EXPO site. Would that be alright? I'll post a new update on slots maybe later.

CNGL: That's a good start CNGL! Though I think you should put in more details

Mike: Your pavilion sure has presence. Its the most visible pavilion in the site, both in aerials and side views. Though I wished you did more with the back of your pavilion, which is actually the front in the site. LOL. But that's alright. Love that night render! It really comes to life.

hakhaimo: I might do the final renders in Vray for realism, but I'm still a noob-ie when it comes to doing night renders there. And due to the immensity of the sight, I'm not sure if the number of light components won't crash it if I render on Podium. Let me see. I also want to do night shots with fireworks and all

BTW, how's the Malaysia Pavilion going?

And here's the render I promised WARNING: LARGE SIZE.
(Do note that this was done yesterday so not all pavilions are present in the site as of yet.)

Pavilions in the render include: Germany, France, Eurus, Indonesia, Singapore, BENELUX, UK/Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Egypt, and the African Joint Pavilion. Sorry for those whose pavilions may not be too visible! Don't worry, I'll be posting a list of pavilions already built together with renders and some info

ALSO, IF YOU GUYS WANT, I'LL BE CONVERTING THAT EMPTY PARCEL OF LAND AT THE RIGHT SIDE ( EAST ) OF THE EXPO SITE INTO PAVILION SPACE.

Since I would have to make a new thread for a poll, I'll just ask you guys to respond here in this thread. If I get five distinct responses, then it's a GO

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 3:31 AM
Total Egghead

In a word: WOW!

Great rendering of all the pavilions, it looks like a unique "universal" city. Thanks burjdubai91, I really like them all.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 5:13 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

wow nice job everyone! Germany, France Indonesia and Polynesia are my fav so far!

my pavilion hasn't started but i already did some sketches. i have a feeling it's a bit cheesy but i think people would really like the concept of it. Hope to have it in soon! I don't wanna be the last one.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 7:17 AM
Native New Yorker

I'm still working on mine Aleks. I went through a few designs before I found one I like keeping with the same concept I wanted. I hope I'm not the last one. You guys are fast and I'm liking them all.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2010, 10:49 AM

Foun10head-x: Thanks, though I'd have to thank you all as well for your contribs. Its what makes the EXPO site more exciting so applause for everybody is in order.

Aleks and Jamesmpk: No pressure Take your time

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 9:53 AM

Today's slot update. 4 SLOTS REMAINING

14 Pavilions are already in the site Plus I'll be adding one more later on from ugoki.

Will try to do more renders of pavilions this time and I'll try to do more realistic ones to give your wonderful pavilion designs justice. Thanks again!

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 1:27 PM
Closed account

I should be done by this weekend.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 2:49 PM

If theres nobody to fill in the lasts spots, i would do one for Cuba

@Foun10Head-X:

Just WOW !!!

@Aleks:

I really hope you finish soon, want to see it

Old Posted Nov 24, 2010, 9:13 PM

is burjdubai's supposed to be thailang??? or thailand???

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 12:58 AM

Flamesrule: Counting on it!
Tolbert: Sure! Which of the slots would you take?
Insertnamehere: My bad... That's Thailand. LOL

Old Posted Nov 25, 2010, 7:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjdubai91 View Post

Tolbert: Sure! Which of the slots would you take?
The one next to Mexico?
If thats ok ?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup