HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:03 AM

Northside can handle more traffic, but Howell Mill needed widening years ago.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 7:47 AM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Where? Which page?
Fuqua Development LP Facebook page

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Fuqua Development LP Facebook page
That seems like a good way to waste a few minutes. Complaining to Fuqua is pointless. The problem lies with the city's (lack of) planning department that keeps allowing suburban development in key locations. I know Tim Keane is instituting wholesale changes in the city's planning which will take time. In the meantime there's apparently noone at city hall with the foresight to rid the city's core of this kind of development.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyJK View Post
You should have made my quote "so much integrated parking in Atlanta!

The BRT and streetcars will be great - in about 5 years when they have been studied to death. And add 3 more construction years. So I guess for the next 8 years or so, enjoy the gridlock that west Midtown will become, secure in the knowledge that it's being planned and studied as you sit in traffic.
So your options are 1) put a moratorium on development in the area for that period of time, depriving the city of tax revenue needed to improve infrastructure, or 2) build a time machine, go back to the middle of a recession, and convince the city to build transit infrastructure then and there based on your future knowledge of how development would play out.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
That seems like a good way to waste a few minutes. Complaining to Fuqua is pointless. The problem lies with the city's (lack of) planning department that keeps allowing suburban development in key locations. I know Tim Keane is instituting wholesale changes in the city's planning which will take time. In the meantime there's apparently noone at city hall with the foresight to rid the city's core of this kind of development.
Unfortunately the BeltLine overlay district just falls outside of the property so the "quality of life" zoning requirements for streetscapes and building setbacks don't apply here. (ex surface parking along 17th street in lieu of buildings fronting 17th properly, drive-through outparcels can face public streets, etc) Fuqua can get away with a lot more crap here than Glenwood Park's Kroger.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Unfortunately the BeltLine overlay district just falls outside of the property so the "quality of life" zoning requirements for streetscapes and building setbacks don't apply here. (ex surface parking along 17th street in lieu of buildings fronting 17th properly, drive-through outparcels can face public streets, etc) Fuqua can get away with a lot more crap here than Glenwood Park's Kroger.
FWIW, I find it complete BS that the area was left out of the BeltLine overlay district likely due to the area's industrial past and needing some brownfield remediation. It's crap developments like this in a neighborhood that make me really question Atlanta's commitment to its citizens rather than corporations.

Sorry about the size. Even the BL master plan left it out. Ridiculous:

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Fuqua truly, deeply, meaningfully-- does not care.

Last edited by Verge; Feb 8, 2017 at 5:37 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:41 PM

Ponce Terminus

I noticed this in the Midtown Alliance's new Blueprint 3.0 publication.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post

I noticed this in the Midtown Alliance's new Blueprint 3.0 publication.
Do you have a link to the publication? All i could find was http://www.midtownatl.com/about/midt...5/blueprint-30

and the following "big ideas".pdf http://www.midtownatl.com/_files/doc..._big_ideas.pdf

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Do you have a link to the publication? All i could find was http://www.midtownatl.com/about/midt...5/blueprint-30

and the following "big ideas".pdf http://www.midtownatl.com/_files/doc..._big_ideas.pdf
Here you go: Blueprint 3.0

Page 13 on the right hand side.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 6:06 PM

Quote:

Awesome, thank you. Transportation Plan as well, for other's reference

Edit: Notables- Infill station at 19th street, North Ave complete street, Midtown circulator, 17th street redesign (HUGE improvement, rendering p.35 in the pdf). 10th St bridge redesign/traffic calming iin addition to capped park in the 3.0 Blueprint (p. 18), two way lane conversions, street extensions, 15th st brdige/HOV, and by and far mainly pedestrian and bike enhancements to the area. Also glad to see the stitch included in the 3.0 Blueprint.

And a good manual for what Midtown Alliance is trying to promote for the neighborhood: http://www.midtownatl.com/_files/doc...guidelines.pdf

Last edited by Street Advocate; Feb 8, 2017 at 6:36 PM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 7:42 PM

Quote:
"Letter of Inducement for The Kroger Co. (“Kroger”): Mr. Bill Holby of King & Spalding LLP
and Ms. Yvonne Johnson of Kroger appeared in connection with the request for $34,000,000 in
taxable revenue bonds for the development of an approximately 82,000 square foot Kroger
grocery store, fuel center, and parking lot to be located at the Northside Drive and 17th Street

intersection in Atlanta’s Westside neighborhood. Ms. Johnson stated that the Kroger grocery
store will also feature a Starbucks, extended nutrition department, meals to go department, and
household goods department. Ms. Yvonne stated that this proposed Kroger will be similar to the
recently opened Kroger Glenwood and Kroger Lindbergh
. Mr. Nash informed the Authority that
this project site is a brownfield and was formerly owned by the Georgia Toll Road Authority. Mr. Nash recommended approval of the
project. Upon a motion made by Mr. Hodge, which was seconded by Mr. Broadbent, the
Authority unanimously approved the letter of inducement for Kroger.

"
I'm really surprised Kroger would build there considering the proximity to the Howell Mill Kroger and Publix in Atlantic Station, which does not do well in sales.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 9:37 PM

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...70795?rt=36031

Apogee Buckhead expected to break ground within 45-60 days once the finalization of financing is completed.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:

I absolutely love this. I've made the comment that Midtown is still not "there" yet but I'm delighted that the Midtown Alliance is continuing to plan improvements in all aspects the district. Good stuff.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 1:05 AM

I hope this doesn't have negative implications on the 14th Street Whole Foods:

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...-cuts-forecast

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantech View Post
I hope this doesn't have negative implications on the 14th Street Whole Foods:

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...-cuts-forecast
"The company noted that it still has dozens of stores in the pipeline and that it will continue to grow, but that it will be more careful about signing new leases."

The 14th Street location is already under construction and I'm sure they wouldn't have started without a signed lease.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
Although a dreary day...still a cool pic of Post Millennium, Apogee and Amli Arts Center

http://imgur.com/a/MKTsA
Nice pic! Post is quite imposing for only 25 stories.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 2:39 PM

Whole Foods - ABC Article

More about Whole Foods from ABC...

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ng-one-in.html

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 2:40 PM

http://www.sciencealert.com/elon-mus...ground-tunnels

This could be huge for the future.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 3:19 PM

Phase 2 of State Farm looks to be ramping up construction. Blue fencing was installed around the lot and heavy equipment is on site already digging.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations