HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxg8r1 View Post
Isn't the land on Lombard (behind Beaverton TC) owned by Trimet?
If you're referring to the parcel immediately north of that narrow strip of parking by the light rail station, then is doesn't appear to be owned by TriMet. When I look at Washington County GIS, this property is assessed and taxed as a private parcel. It says 1.42 acres of the 3.42 acres is wetland. It last changed hands in 2002. The property gains more value each year than the taxes (just $13k/year), so perhaps they are just land banking as an investment? Parcel link in GIS map

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_PDXer View Post
If you're referring to the parcel immediately north of that narrow strip of parking by the light rail station, then is doesn't appear to be owned by TriMet. When I look at Washington County GIS, this property is assessed and taxed as a private parcel. It says 1.42 acres of the 3.42 acres is wetland. It last changed hands in 2002. The property gains more value each year than the taxes (just $13k/year), so perhaps they are just land banking as an investment? Parcel link in GIS map
Thanks!

So we need a decent strategy to get this developed!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2020, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Despite pandemic, construction of Beaverton arts center remains on track

Gathering hundreds of people shoulder-to-shoulder in an auditorium — many of them seniors with coughs and sniffles — is a no-no in 2020.

The live theater and music worlds are on their knees due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the folks building the Patricia Reser Center for the Arts in downtown Beaverton are betting that by early 2022 they can fill their 550 person theater without a worry.

The construction site at Southwest Crescent Street and Southwest Hall Boulevard is wedged between a new parking garage, a new Hyatt House hotel, and The Round condos (so close that you can see what residents are watching on TV). The Patricia Reser Center for the Arts (PRCA) is part of a project to give this part of Beaverton a center gravity so that locals won’t have to go to Portland so often for entertainment, and visitors are not just lost in the strip malls or racing to the Nike ramp. An arts center, with a mid-sized theater for bands and plays, plus an art gallery and flexible rental space, is just what the voters wanted, according to Cheryl Twete, the city of Beaverton’s community development director.
...continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 6:46 AM

Anyone heard of the Peterkort Station project being planned next to Sunset TC?

Sources: Loopnet, Corfac

Apparently, this has been contested for a long time.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizflip View Post

I hadn't heard about this. It would definitely be a nice refresh to that area around the transit center.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
I hadn't heard about this. It would definitely be a nice refresh to that area around the transit center.
That's a huge amount of parking adjacent to two MAX lines.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 11:29 PM

Hi everybody, new here, just moved to Beaverton from the east coast (specifically, Manchester, NH) at the start of last fall. Coming from where I did, it's great to live in a more urban environment that actually treats pedestrians as though they exist, and where there's actual, usable transit.

I'm glad to see people are bugged by the same few niggles I run into on my way to work--the multiple parking garages by Beaverton Central, the empty lots by Beaverton TC and Sunset TC. The new design doc is encouraging--as are the new developments just a couple of blocks from my apartment near Beaverton HS. Anyone know what's going up on SW Watson/Farmington? I can't tell if they're just redoing infrastructure, but the building on that block looked empty and pretty decrepit.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 5:54 PM
Registered Ugly

Hey man, welcome. You might find that the Portlanders hate on Beaverton pretty hard, but pay no mind. Beaverton is very progressive despite some of its current physical form, and downtown is already starting to bustle. It will only get better from here.

I am pretty sure the building across from Ex Novo on Watson is going to be the next Breakside Brewing location.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Hi everybody, new here, just moved to Beaverton from the east coast (specifically, Manchester, NH) at the start of last fall. Coming from where I did, it's great to live in a more urban environment that actually treats pedestrians as though they exist, and where there's actual, usable transit.

I'm glad to see people are bugged by the same few niggles I run into on my way to work--the multiple parking garages by Beaverton Central, the empty lots by Beaverton TC and Sunset TC. The new design doc is encouraging--as are the new developments just a couple of blocks from my apartment near Beaverton HS. Anyone know what's going up on SW Watson/Farmington? I can't tell if they're just redoing infrastructure, but the building on that block looked empty and pretty decrepit.
If you're referring to the historic Bank of Beaverton (yellow mission-style building) then here's your answer (and more):

https://www.kgw.com/article/money/bu...c-d29f1e89305b

I'm so excited for this. Three new beer halls in an area that already has like half a dozen taphouses and bars. Talk about a beer crawl.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 6:32 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizflip View Post

It is good to see this area finally seeing some new development potentially. I like the look of these office buildings and the overall plan for that area. I don't like the surface parking lot to the office buildings development unless the plan is to use that surface lot for a future office building.

As for the overall site plan, hopefully it doesn't look like this in the end. The layout looks fine, but the amount of parking seems excessive. I would want to see an expansion of the park and ride garage because that makes sense, but those housing buildings could easily consolidate private parking for tenants to help free up housing space and reduce the costs of the buildings by not needing to have a parking structure in each building.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 6:00 AM

Enormous project at SW Murray and TV Highway

The transit oriented multi-story parking deck at Beaverton Central

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 7:05 AM
A before E

I feel like if they are gonna build parking garages that big in "downtown" Beaverton, then they should be building buildings that people live and work in to be much higher than those parking garages.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 5:09 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
I feel like if they are gonna build parking garages that big in "downtown" Beaverton, then they should be building buildings that people live and work in to be much higher than those parking garages.
That is for the Reser Center for the Arts, bud.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 5:54 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
That is for the Reser Center for the Arts, bud.
Yeah, I know, and it doesn't change my statement. Beaverton should be building buildings that people live and work in that are taller than the garages they are building.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 7:35 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Yeah, I know, and it doesn't change my statement. Beaverton should be building buildings that people live and work in that are taller than the garages they are building.
The Beaverton core allows for building heights over double the height of that garage by right, and taller by discretion/Type III. What would you like us to do, hold guns to the heads of private developers and land owners?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 7:37 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
The Beaverton core allows for heights over double the height of that garage. What would you like us to do, hold guns to the heads of private developers and land owners?
Sure. Calm down, I am just stating an opinion. I don't expect anything to be done.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 8:31 PM

Quote:
It is good to see this area finally seeing some new development potentially. I like the look of these office buildings and the overall plan for that area. I don't like the surface parking lot to the office buildings development unless the plan is to use that surface lot for a future office building.

As for the overall site plan, hopefully it doesn't look like this in the end. The layout looks fine, but the amount of parking seems excessive. I would want to see an expansion of the park and ride garage because that makes sense, but those housing buildings could easily consolidate private parking for tenants to help free up housing space and reduce the costs of the buildings by not needing to have a parking structure in each building.
The park and ride garage cannot be expanded. Trimet made a financial decision at the time to save some money and not make it expandable. They were way over budget so it needed to cut some place.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2021, 5:59 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs View Post
The park and ride garage cannot be expanded. Trimet made a financial decision at the time to save some money and not make it expandable. They were way over budget so it needed to cut some place.
That doesn't surprise me if that's the case. Though the idea that every building that would go up in this development would have parking seems excessive for a Transit Oriented Development. Hopefully that changes as this project works its way out. I am also hopeful that it will include more housing and possibly taller buildings that what the masterplan currently shows.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 11:45 PM
Registered Ugly

Anyway, here's some photos from this week of downtown Beaverton, south of Canyon.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2021, 6:12 AM

Major density out in the burbs in the Amberglen area:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon