HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 16, 2009, 10:08 PM
Show me the blueprints

^Agreed. I suppose with Drury, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so to speak.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 11:33 PM

Curious about Centene Plaza..

I work in the curtain wall / cladding technology industry, and I was just wondering if Centene was a NO GO, or a GO in some other city for sure. Anybody have a straight answer? What's the deal with this?

Alex

Old Posted Apr 1, 2009, 9:21 AM
millard fillmore

It is under construction in Clayton, an inner suburb of St. Louis. They went back to the old two tower plan from long ago.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2009, 11:39 AM

Any updates on the Roberts Tower?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2009, 2:16 PM

Good, that's good to hear. So the material we have here for Centene will be put to use. I was wondering for a while if we still had the job. Glad things are rolling again.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 9:26 PM
millard fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy View Post
Any updates on the Roberts Tower?
I could take a few photographs. It's climbing up there slowly though.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 12:53 AM

Not so slowly anymore. They are working on the eleventh floor (last I saw).

Old Posted Apr 21, 2009, 4:21 AM
millard fillmore

When I was down there yesterday (having, of course, forgotten my camera) I believe they're starting on the 13th floor.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2009, 12:27 AM

glass is going up now too.

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 5:25 PM
Proud Homer!

St. Louis gets a biotechnology boost. A new $36-million wet lab is set to open in June. Although there was a downturn in the economy, developers went forward with project. The building, located in the biotech node of suburban Creve Coeur, is 60% leased. It is one of several biotech buildings planned for the biotech park.

St. Louis (04/15/09) – Bio-Research and Development Growth (BRDG) Park at the Danforth Plant Science Center announced four anchor tenants for the first of three buildings planned for the Danforth Center campus in suburban St. Louis County. Anchor tenants in the 110,000 sq. ft. four-story facility include Divergence, St. Louis Community College, Nidus Center for Scientific Enterprise and Monsanto. In addition, Phycal will open its first St. Louis laboratory at BRDG Park.

Scheduled to open in June 2009, Building I will feature state-of-the-art wet labs and office space designed to help fledgling plant and life sciences companies “bridge” research, resources and relationships to achieve commercial success.

“In a very tough real estate and economic marketplace, BRDG Park stands out for already leasing nearly 60 percent of our first building prior to opening,” said Sam Fiorello, President of BRDG Park. “It’s a great mix of enterprises and innovative partnerships that will provide the kind of scientific synergy that will help companies grow, building on the strong plant and life science base in St. Louis.”

RCGA Press Release
Bio-Research and Development Growth (BRDG) Park

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 5:45 PM
Proud Homer!

Sky Wheel St. Louis

A proposed ferris wheel for LaClede’s Landing in Downtown St. Louis is closer reality. The $11.5-million, 175-foot, ultra-modern skywheel.

-330 feet in the air captures a beautiful view of downtown.

-With the Arch only a few hundred yards away, visitors to the area now have 2 ways to experience the vast scale of the Mississippi river.

-This sky wheel has 42 cabins with 360 degree views allowing the rider to take in a bird's eye view of down town for 15 minutes.

Credit: skywheelstl.com

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 5:51 PM
Proud Homer!

Hotel Indigo – Downtown St. Louis

Another Hotel Indigo proposed for the St. Louis area. This proposal is for the ever-transforming Convention & Old Post Office Districts.

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 6:09 PM
Proud Homer!

Moonrise Hotel, Delmar Loop

Moonrise. The $23.5 million, 135-room, seven-story, boutique hotel opened in mid-April 2009 in the trendy Loop area.

Moonrise Hotel

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 6:19 PM
Proud Homer!

Pfizer-St. Louis

Pfizer has opened its new $200-million St. Louis lab on the sprawling Chesterfield Valley campus. The new lab is a part of a $350-million investment by Pfizer in St. Louis. The new building will house 250 employees now scattered throughout sites in St. Louis. A total of 1200-employees will work on the campus.

The company hopes the single 330,000 sq ft facility will cut down on employee travel and conference calls, and make it easier for researchers to work together on projects.

St Louis is one of six primary R&D locations for Pfizer at least until its $68 billion merger with Wyeth goes through. The others are in Connecticut (Groton and New London), Sandwich in the UK, California (La Jolla and South San Francisco), and Massachusetts (Cambridge).

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 6:44 PM
Proud Homer!

Brown Shoe Headquarters

This project is still a go after the economy recovers, of course.

Clayco Inc. is design-building Brown Shoe’s new 885,000-square-foot world headquarters. Located in Clayton, Mo., the new facility will join Brown Shoe’s Madison, Wis.-based retail and St. Louis-based divisions under one roof. The $116 million project was slated to break ground in September 2008, but is on hold as of November 2008.

• 18-story and a five-story office building
• Connecting atrium

Last edited by Arch City; May 4, 2009 at 7:42 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 7:39 PM
Proud Homer!

Centene Corporation

Centene Corporation's new complex is back in downtown Clayton. The 481,000sf, 17-story building, the first new tower to be built in Clayton in three years, is under construction.

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 9:00 PM
millard fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Another Hotel Indigo proposed for the St. Louis area. This proposal is for the ever-transforming Convention & Old Post Office Districts.

What?? I know the Roberts purchased the three properties at the NE corner of 10th/Locust, but I thought they wanted another small tower on the corner in place of the two-story pub and four-story other building. Like matching the height of the adjacent Art. St. Louis building. Two-stories seems altogether disappointing. Why not even five or six-stories to match the 411 renovation across the street?

Such a shame. I like the design but it seems like such a small building to replace two other historic ones.

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 11:17 PM
Proud Homer!

1300 Market Street

1300 Market Street is a proposed $40 million redevelopment project in downtown St. Louis next to City Hall and close to Union Station. The project is making reuse of the old Municipal Courts building. The proposal calls for a restaurant, retail and gallery space, and office space on the upper floors. Plans are for a 2010 completion, which I seriously doubt.

The City of St. Louis might construct a 600-car parking garage (seen the rendering) behind the building on land that at this time is a huge city parking lot. The 22,000-seat Scottrade Center is across the street.

Old Posted May 4, 2009, 11:39 PM
Proud Homer!

After some tweaking, the new Westin-Clayton has a new design.

Before, 22-stories

Now, 15-stories

Westin Clayton Opens Spring 2012 Outside St. Louis
Monday, April 20, 2009

Starwood Hotel & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) and RJ York announce plans to open a newly constructed Westin hotel in Clayton, Missouri, an affluent suburb just west of St. Louis. Construction on the 245-room hotel will start in early 2010 with an opening scheduled for June of 2012. In addition to its heavenly inspired guest rooms, The Westin Clayton will offer upscale dining, ample meeting facilities and the full suite of Westin signature amenities and services.

This upscale 245 room hotel and retail multi-use project in Clayton, Missouri, is being developed by RJ York. The property has a highly visible location off I-64/I-170 in the heart of Clayton, a chic suburban St. Louis community that serves as the center of St. Louis County

The hotel is part of a larger $90 million development in Clayton by York that also includes a six-level, 377-space parking garage and about 17,000 square feet of retail space. Westin Clayton will be highly visible from downtown Clayton and from I-64 and I-170.

Old Posted May 5, 2009, 1:01 AM
millard fillmore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post

1300 Market Street is a proposed $40 million redevelopment project in downtown St. Louis next to City Hall and close to Union Station. The project is making reuse of the old Municipal Courts building. The proposal calls for a restaurant, retail and gallery space, and office space on the upper floors. Plans are for a 2010 completion, which I seriously doubt.

The City of St. Louis might construct a 600-car parking garage (seen the rendering) behind the building on land that at this time is a huge city parking lot. The 22,000-seat Scottrade Center is across the street.
This would be nice, but it seems a little bit like a tough sell to me. It isn't really a pedestrian building. And do we really need another parking garage? This one makes a little more sense because of the Scottrade Center, but the sheer number of garages is approaching comical. Maybe if they were paired with new residential or commercial development (instead of renovations), but if they're going to build one here, why build the one next to the Federal Courthouse? Why not at least put it straddling the City Hall and Municipal Courts back lots and flank Tucker and 14th with new projects?

I know this type of development is pretty status quo for St. Louis and not particularly ignoble, but we continue to complain about the omnipresence of surface lots and what do they get replaced with? Parking garages.

Is there any hope?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations