HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
I was going south on 7th Ave. early this morning, and it appeared there was new framing on the northwest portion of the property, closest to the tracks.
I'm sure they have enough cash to restart building while they wait for insurance to cut a check. Hopefully it won't catch on fire this time.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 7:15 PM

Yeah it looks like theyve been cleaning up the site and the back portion has kept building.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 3:12 PM
Modulator

They were hard at work last week clearing up all the damage and I also noticed the framing in the back. But wasn't sure if it was just framing that didn't get hit by the fire or new framing. Glad it's confirmed to be new.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 6:26 AM
Skyriser

This has been bugging me for too long.

I was wondering if 3rd St and Portland was coming up in its most recent proposal.

The last that actually well-designed MCM-influenced project that had lots of gallery space and fine pedestrian finishes before it became Broadstone Portland who is notorious for their low-budget articulated carp.

I was looking forward to this one especially and was wondering where it was in the development process.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 3:01 PM

Drove by the Broadstone Portland site a few days ago, elevator shafts are all freestanding up to the fifth floor and I think the first floor for the most part has been built.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2020, 4:35 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
This has been bugging me for too long.

I was wondering if 3rd St and Portland was coming up in its most recent proposal.

The last that actually well-designed MCM-influenced project that had lots of gallery space and fine pedestrian finishes before it became Broadstone Portland who is notorious for their low-budget articulated carp.

I was looking forward to this one especially and was wondering where it was in the development process.

I checked it out a couple days ago. As Phxguy posted, it's pretty far along. However, as far as I can tell the current framing and construction does NOT come close to matching the renderings I posted sometime back. So I have no idea what this one is going to look like. I made a records request on it some time ago, but never received it.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 5:08 PM

Portland between 3rd street and 7th street is full of flat bed trucks hauling crane parts. Looks like broadstone Portland is getting its crane today and tomorrow.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 5:59 PM

Site Plan Review Meeting for 802 N 3rd St scheduled for next week. This is the 5+ story container project that's supposed to be office space I believe? Don't remember reading about the official name but it's to be called "IDA on McKinley".

I'm sure it's pronounced "Idea" but also might be a play on words as a tribute to Ida McKinley, wife of former Pres William McKinley. Pretty cool if that was their intention...

https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit.../200811004.pdf

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 7:24 PM

I don't know where I saw them, but the renderings, "IDA on McKinley", look really cool!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 7:37 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratmanaz View Post
I don't know where I saw them, but the renderings, "IDA on McKinley", look really cool!!!!!!!!!
Where did you find the renderings? Tried searching and I get an old-timey photo of a lady named Ida Saxton McKinley

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Where did you find the renderings? Tried searching and I get an old-timey photo of a lady named Ida Saxton McKinley

Yeah that’s I how figured out the name of the project was possibly a tribute to McKinley’s wifey.

Anyways, renderings were posted on this thread or the main Phoenix one. I couldn’t find them again but maybe the Poster that originally did can share once more

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Aug 6, 2020 at 8:03 PM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 8:41 PM

Ida Renderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post

Yeah that’s I how figured out the name of the project was possibly a tribute to McKinley’s wifey.

Anyways, renderings were posted on this thread or the main Phoenix one. I couldn’t find them again but maybe the Poster that originally did can share once more
I believe this is it? https://www.localstudioaz.com/ida.html

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
There you go! That's it

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
Renderings haven’t changed a bit since November, which is good, I just want to see more of it! There will be zero parking spaces. In fact it removes a current surface lot, so it’s a win-win. Looking forward!

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 11:09 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Renderings haven’t changed a bit since November, which is good, I just want to see more of it! There will be zero parking spaces. In fact it removes a current surface lot, so it’s a win-win. Looking forward!
Rendering shows 6 floors + roof. Is that the current plan? This is great height for a container project in that location.

Edit: Looks like they have finally added the Howie project on their site too: https://www.localstudioaz.com/howie.html
Quite honestly, I would rather see something similar to the IDA for the Howie. It just doesn't look right to me next door to the Pyramid building.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Rendering shows 6 floors + roof. Is that the current plan? This is great height for a container project in that location.

Edit: Looks like they have finally added the Howie project on their site too: https://www.localstudioaz.com/howie.html
Quite honestly, I would rather see something similar to the IDA for the Howie. It just doesn't look right to me next door to the Pyramid building.
The most recent site plan I have are from November but it doesn’t look like anything has changed, conceptually at least. But yeah, 5-6 floors and rooftop access. Should fit in nicely with 215 E McKinley across the street and the Cobra Arcade expansion.

Is the Howie supposed to be residential or offices?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Should fit in nicely with 215 E McKinley across the street and the Cobra Arcade expansion.
What is this Cobra Arcade expansion you speak of?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code5 View Post
What is this Cobra Arcade expansion you speak of?
Back in June, Cobra submitted a permit for a bar, accompanied with a really grainy map but it showed 2 distinct spaces within the 801 N 2nd St building itself. At first, I thought this meant it would expand into Antique Sugar so I followed their social media for a bit but nothing indicated they’d be closing anytime soon. I realized with Snoh Ice Shavery gone, Cobra might be expanding around Antique Sugar with a hallway to connect the two spaces. I might be going out on a limb here but several bars downtown like Lost Leaf are taking this time to expand and renovate, so I think it’s plausible.

Also, the former Snoh spot had its glass covered a month or so back, leading me to speculate this case further.

...or I could be wacko

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 6:04 PM

Crane is going up for the O'neil apartments 2nd ave and fillmore

Old Posted Aug 10, 2020, 6:52 PM
Skyriser

I’m so glad O’Neill is finally torn down. Why they put office park industrial in a residential neighborhood is something I will never understand.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest