HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 3, 2020, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
I have always wanted to see a building like the Flatiron Building in NY built at the corner of this location.
Yep, that intersection is so underutilized. Right in the middle of everything yet full of parking lots. Frustrating to see them paving over the recharge zone in the hill country to make cookie cutter subdivisions when there is so much literally empty space right in the urban core.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 3:32 AM

Borden Warehouse Development

There is an article in the San Antonio Business Journal stating that the Borden warehouse development project along 281 heading into downtown has secured the 100 million it needs to start construction in the summer.
A piece of GOOD news among all this negative news we have been hearing lately!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2020, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
There is an article in the San Antonio Business Journal stating that the Borden warehouse development project along 281 heading into downtown has secured the 100 million it needs to start construction in the summer.
A piece of GOOD news among all this negative news we have been hearing lately!
That's great news. I drove by there yesterday and saw a construction crew there walking around.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2020, 7:29 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

The owner of the former Lone Star Brewery complex has a buyer lined up, but it’s unclear whether a deal will be completed by a May 1 deadline.

An affiliate of GrayStreet Partners, a San Antonio development firm, wants to purchase the roughly 32-acre property for $17.25 million from Lone Star Brewery Development Inc.

Lone Star filed for bankruptcy protection in January, stopping a foreclosure auction of the complex at 500 and 600 Lone Star Blvd. It is trying to sell the property for at least $13.5 million.

JLL, a commercial real estate firm, is marketing the site and received several preliminary offers ranging between $6 million and $20 million, court documents note.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2020, 9:39 PM

Google Earth

Hey everyone for those who have access to Google Earth Pro on PC they updated the satellite view of downtown from this March 30 2020. Rest of city updated November 2019. Check it out!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2020, 6:28 PM

https://saheron.com/puri-schuepbach-soflo-development/

“Developers Rajeev Puri, James Schuepbach to receive full property tax exemption for SoFlo apartments

The local developers behind a $56.1 million, 292-unit mixed-used project in the Lone Star District have now partnered with the San Antonio Housing Trust, a nonprofit entity tied to the city that’s able to grant a full property tax exemption to the builders it partners with.”

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 1:27 AM

Interesting article about some of the projects going on.Have a look see!

https://www.expressnews.com/real-est...n-15253059.php

Old Posted May 20, 2020, 11:32 PM

Hays Street Bridge

HDRC has approved a park design for the Historic Hays Street Bridge:

https://therivardreport.com/hdrc-app...box=1590013994

A preliminary plan more than a decade in the making for a park near the historic Hays Street Bridge in San Antonio was approved by the City’s Historic and Design Review Commission (HDRC) with a 9-1 vote on Wednesday.

Plans for the 1.7-acre empty lot include a 10,000-square-foot skate park, open space, plazas, small playground features, shade trees, and a space for the historic bandstand relocated from Alamo Plaza. The centerpiece of the design is a “historic timeline” path that interprets the story of the bridge and the historically black and disenfranchised Eastside community around it.

“As one of the many stakeholders who attended the community engagement meetings, I can say that the design team was very receptive to the needs and wants of the community,” said Eduardo Martinez, vice president of the Dignowity Hill Neighborhood Association. “It clearly shows in the conceptual master plan that was submitted. We are excited to see this project move forward.”

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 2:26 AM
James

From the article.

Last edited by sirkingwilliam; May 21, 2020 at 2:33 AM. Reason: Image resize

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 12:42 PM

Looks beautiful.

Old Posted May 21, 2020, 3:17 PM

Before From Google Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post

From the article.

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 4:09 PM
JACKinBeantown

Fantastic! I love it.

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 4:33 PM

If you walk 2 blocks east on Hays Street, there is two parks there, Lockwood and Dignowity Park. I don't understand why we can't fix up those two parks real nice, and we get a nice high rise condo by the bridge!

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 7:05 PM

Quote:
If you walk 2 blocks east on Hays Street, there is two parks there, Lockwood and Dignowity Park. I don't understand why we can't fix up those two parks real nice, and we get a nice high rise condo by the bridge!
I used to feel the same way, but I've been won over to the park thing. I think it complements the bridge well, and adds to the attraction, making it more of a destination in a way that private residences do not. There's plenty of other spaces for condos.

Old Posted May 22, 2020, 10:01 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I used to feel the same way, but I've been won over to the park thing. I think it complements the bridge well, and adds to the attraction, making it more of a destination in a way that private residences do not. There's plenty of other spaces for condos.
Plus Dignowity is getting a big facelift courtesy the last bond package. And the East Side has historically been pretty poor in terms of parkland. This is a good thing. And definitely agree, there's plenty of other places to put apartments around there.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 12:30 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

That's a heck of an improvement! Can't wait to see what peripheral development occurs around it.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 2:44 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

You can never have enough parks. This is a great development.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 2:59 AM

Quote:
I’m with you.

Also, that whole area does not really seem to be progressing quickly. The development would have been a better catalyst.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
I’m with you.

Also, that whole area does not really seem to be progressing quickly. The development would have been a better catalyst.
I realize that "really seem" and "to be" and "progressing" and "quickly" are subjective terms, and so is "that area", but that area is progressing more quickly than any other part of the inner city, in terms of residential development, and the residential development in question was not scrapped, it was relocated a few blocks south. This park will only add more value and hasten the inevitable transition of surrounding industrial/warehouse space to residential.

Old Posted May 23, 2020, 6:08 AM
Meh

This is cool, but I hate that the new project closer to I-37 is going to block the view of downtown from the bridge. Riding my bike from the Freeman Coliseum to downtown is my favorite thing to do once a year in San Antonio, though, it might not happen this year because of the whole virus thing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio