HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 7:40 PM

Bayou Phoenix has updated their plans and I really like the plans. They are still finalizing the deal with the city but from my understanding the Bayou Phoenix team is waiting on the city to do its part.

https://bayouphoenix.com/wp-content/...lan-052022.pdf

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 12:29 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
Bayou Phoenix has updated their plans and I really like the plans. They are still finalizing the deal with the city but from my understanding the Bayou Phoenix team is waiting on the city to do its part.

Seems like a reasonable proposal for sure. Where will the other film studios in the east be located relative to this complex? Tyler Perrys and Anthonu mackie? also looks to b space for a studio on this property too.

ALso, didnt Drew Brees proposal pull out of the rfp and was going to build a complex somewhere in the east elsewhere?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post

I'm sorry but I just don't see there being a market in the East for what Bayou Phoenix wants to do. Seems like they're trying to put the cart before the horse. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 3:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secure504 View Post
I'm sorry but I just don't see there being a market in the East for what Bayou Phoenix wants to do. Seems like they're trying to put the cart before the horse. Hopefully I'm wrong.
As a regional draw I think most things could work, except the retail. Besides some basic retail (fast food, applebees type things) that area just wont appeal at this time. Some of the visuals in the proposal are a little to pie in the sky specifically when it comes to potential retail and town centers. Otherwise there is clearly a market for regional sports, water park could work, and film studio.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Seems like a reasonable proposal for sure. Where will the other film studios in the east be located relative to this complex? Tyler Perrys and Anthonu mackie? also looks to b space for a studio on this property too.

ALso, didnt Drew Brees proposal pull out of the rfp and was going to build a complex somewhere in the east elsewhere?
So what I have gathered from just watching news videos and listening to meetings that councilmen Oliver Thomas has hosted, the East has lots of things major coming down the pipeline.

New Film Studios:
1. Anthony Mackie (I-10 service Rd) where the old sams club and walmart was
2. Tyler Perry's group (Bayou Phoenix / Six flags property)
3. Investment group Impact (putting bids on land in NOLA East)

Advanced Manufacturing:
1.JuiceBar EV charging manufacturing facility (Oliver Thomas meet with CEO recently)

NASA:
1. Space Campus Office park
2. NASA's Propel Park (Manufacturing)

Housing:
1. New 116 home subdivision

Links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UKtgdDAFZ8&t=74s

https://www.nola.com/news/article_65...m_campaign=snd

I also heard that drew brees group purchased land off of interstate 10 to build their logistics, STEAM educational, and urban farming centers. That was late last year though would be nice to hear an update on that as well.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 8:29 PM

Quote:
As a regional draw I think most things could work, except the retail. Besides some basic retail (fast food, applebees type things) that area just wont appeal at this time. Some of the visuals in the proposal are a little to pie in the sky specifically when it comes to potential retail and town centers. Otherwise there is clearly a market for regional sports, water park could work, and film studio.
Aside from logistics centers i think you are right about there being demand for a water park and most importantly the sports complex. Lots of regional and national youth athletics would consider NO East as a destination for youths sports of all kinds. Build that first, along with the hotel for people to stay, then food retail to cater to that crowd and once that is finished and changes the look and feel of the area then maybe you can do some retail. At this point if they start with retail they will likely struggle.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 11:32 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickapedia View Post
Aside from logistics centers i think you are right about there being demand for a water park and most importantly the sports complex. Lots of regional and national youth athletics would consider NO East as a destination for youths sports of all kinds. Build that first, along with the hotel for people to stay, then food retail to cater to that crowd and once that is finished and changes the look and feel of the area then maybe you can do some retail. At this point if they start with retail they will likely struggle.
Not sure if they would consider it but If I were them Id even offer land free to Buccees.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2022, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Not sure if they would consider it but If I were them Id even offer land free to Buccees.
I agree with this 10000000000000%

Old Posted Jun 4, 2022, 2:58 PM
-

1901 Canal St·Zoning Verification · Project #22-0658 · Ref Code:XV4X84
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Zoning Verification
Applicant:
Mid City Automotive LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
5/26/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
Zoning Verification Request - MU-1 District

2401 St Claude Ave (Ref. Code: RS5Z4M)
CPC Public Hearing
Meeting Date: Jun 28 2022 1:30PM
Docket Number: ZD049-22
Type: Conditional Use
Supporting Documents Available: Yes
Description
Zoning Docket 049/22
Applicant(s): Arcadia Court, LLC
Request: Conditional use to permit a bar in an HMC-2 Historic Marigny/Tremé/Bywater Commercial District and an HUC Historic Urban Corridor Use Restriction Overlay District
Overlay district(s): HUC Historic Urban Corridor Use Restriction Overlay District; EC Enhancement Corridor Design Overlay District; Small Multi-family Affordable Short Term Rental Interim Zoning District
Property description: Square 394, Lot 1, in the Third Municipal District, bounded by Saint Claude Avenue, Saint Roch Street, Marais Street, and Music Street
Address(es): 2401-2403 Saint Claude Avenue

Dew Drop Inn
The Dew Drop Inn, located in the Central City neighborhood of New Orleans, is a former hotel and nightclub that operated between 1939 and 1970, and is noted as “the most important and influential club” in the development of rhythm and blues music in the city in the post-war period. RGGC will be completing an interior and exterior buildout to bring this historic landmark back to life. Since this building has been out of commerce for decades, it will require extensive selective demolition and structural repairs before work on the renovation can begin. The interior renovation includes lodging, a performance stage, multiple bars, entirely updated and new MEP systems, along with a roof replacement for each section of the building. Outside the building, a new pool will be installed along with a bar, storage area, and a bioswale drainage system for stormwater mitigation.

633 Piety St, 3300 Royal St (Ref. Code: QGQT8G)
CPC Public Hearing
Meeting Date: Jun 28 2022 1:30PM
Docket Number: ZD050-22
Type: Conditional Use
Supporting Documents Available: Yes
Description
Zoning Docket 050/22
Applicant(s): Krewe of Red Beans
Request: Conditional use to permit a cultural facility with a bar and live entertainment (secondary use) in an HU-MU Historic Marigny/Tremé/Bywater Mixed-Use District
Overlay district(s): Small Multi-Family Affordable Short Term Rental Interim Zoning District
Property description: Square 139, Lots A, A2, an undesignated lot, B, and 1, in the First Municipal District, bounded by Piety Street, Royal Street, Chartres Street, and Desire Stree

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 8:21 PM
-

New Fitness Center joins Tulane’s growing downtown campus

https://news.tulane.edu/news/new-fit...owntown-campus

2 Canal St, 2 Canal St Unit 1901, 2 Canal St Unit 1902, 2 Canal St Unit 1903, 2 Canal St Unit 1904, 2 Canal St Unit 1905, 2 Canal St Unit 1906, 2 Canal St Unit 1907, 2 Canal St Unit 2001, 2 Canal St Unit 2002, 2 Canal St Unit 2003, 2 Canal St Unit 20·Design Review · Project #22-0711 · Ref Code:1N40FK
View Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Design Review
Applicant:
City Of New Orleans
Draft Application
Date Filed:
6/7/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
NOPB canopy

Eye Wares clinic and optical shop to open at Magazine and State

https://uptownmessenger.com/2022/06/...ine-and-state/

805 Howard Ave Ste 101·HDLC COA · Ref Code:W4PR7Z
View Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
West Studio
Draft Application
Date Filed:
6/7/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
Tenant build-out of existing office space.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2022, 8:31 PM
-

1717 Religious St, 621 Celeste St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:227SJP
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Robert Boyd
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
6/6/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
Renovation of existing three-story, multi-family building and construction of an adjoining three-story multi-family addition.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2022, 3:37 PM

Quote:
1717 Religious St, 621 Celeste St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:227SJP
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Robert Boyd
Completeness Review
Date Filed:
6/6/2022
Closed:
No
Description:
Renovation of existing three-story, multi-family building and construction of an adjoining three-story multi-family addition.

EXCELLENT project

Old Posted Jun 8, 2022, 6:09 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
EXCELLENT project
Totally agree! More of this please, emphasis on the affordable part.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2022, 5:31 PM
-

Charity Hospital

LSU Dorm and Medical Building

Old Posted Jun 9, 2022, 6:05 PM
-

Let’s Fly Over Already!
When will the airport’s I-10 flyover ramps be a reality and what will they look like? I’ve got the answers.

In addition to the DDI and flyover ramps, the improvements include 12-foot shoulders on I-10, auxiliary lanes between Williams Boulevard and Loyola Drive, sidewalks on Veterans Boulevard and Loyola Drive to improve pedestrian access, and lighting of the roadways.

The street lighting on the flyover ramps will use LED bulbs that are programable to change color. The City of New Orleans, which is responsible for the airport, can change the colors to coincide with special events and holidays, another aspect of the design that is particular to this DOTD project.

Louisiana’s first Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) is planned to open this month at the intersection of Veterans and Loyola

https://www.bizneworleans.com/lets-fly-over-already/

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 1:31 PM
-

Tableau Gallery Addition

Windsor Court Presidential Suite
RGGC will soon begin a renovation of the Presidential Suite at the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans’ Central Business District. The 13,135 SF project will be a complete reworking of the space, with elevated finished installed throughout. A private fitness center will be constructed, custom herringbone wood floor placed in common spaces, custom carpet in bedrooms, and natural marble in bathrooms, which will also include a conversion to steam showers. The exterior terrace will be upgraded, with gas lanterns overlooking this 22nd floor space. A working gas fireplace will be installed alongside new custom millwork, cabinets, library built-ins and lighting controls with automated shades for guests to enjoy.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 1:37 PM
-

Project Number 44969
Project Canal Motors - Ford Dealership Facility
1661 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70112
Part 1:
Received:
06/03/2022
06/06/2022 ( Administrative Hold )
Part 2:
Received:
Fee(1) Received:
Fee(2) Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee(1) Received:
Fee(2) Received:

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 4:51 PM

A Ford Dealership??

Also, is that massive apartment complex on the other side of Claiborne coming to fruition?

Hoping this also leads to that abandoned hotel across Canal to be bought.

Quote:
Project Number 44969
Project Canal Motors - Ford Dealership Facility
1661 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70112
Part 1:
Received:
06/03/2022
06/06/2022 ( Administrative Hold )
Part 2:
Received:
Fee(1) Received:
Fee(2) Received:

Part 3:
Received:
Fee(1) Received:
Fee(2) Received:

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 12:50 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
A Ford Dealership??

Also, is that massive apartment complex on the other side of Claiborne coming to fruition?

Hoping this also leads to that abandoned hotel across Canal to be bought.
After some digging it seems the building was Casey Ford dealership for a time in the 70s

Old Posted Jun 12, 2022, 7:44 PM

Quote:
After some digging it seems the building was Casey Ford dealership for a time in the 70s
Do we know what the proposed project is?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations