HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 4, 2023, 1:25 AM

They really abandoned that Bobcat, huh?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 2:59 PM

WOW they are going all out at Opus 2 to make it look more like a real project than the "nothing is happening" 1072 site. They hired actors to "work" on a Saturday and the "movie" props are very realistic looking to the untrained eye and might even look like a "real" construction site. It may fool most of you but
Samsonikk63 and I know what is really going on and we are out to expose the fraud.

Last edited by Julien; Aug 5, 2023 at 3:11 PM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 5:14 PM

@ Julien, wow what movie is it? This could actually be a good marketing ploy to actually get this out of Opus's hands and into another developer's hands.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 5:36 PM

LMAO yall...

Old Posted Aug 5, 2023, 7:05 PM

The Opus Paradox

Old Posted Aug 6, 2023, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
WOW they are going all out at Opus 2 to make it look more like a real project than the "nothing is happening" 1072 site. They hired actors to "work" on a Saturday and the "movie" props are very realistic looking to the untrained eye and might even look like a "real" construction site. It may fool most of you but
Samsonikk63 and I know what is really going on and we are out to expose the fraud.

Come on guys give it a break, y’all have blown this way out of proportion.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2023, 11:12 PM

Looks good Atlanta!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2023, 4:50 PM

The spurious deception continues. Shame taking advantage of all out of work actors like this. At least they are making some money while the trick continues.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Just a slight post correction. I’m an apolitical moron but thank you very much for taking time to post the kind and thoughtful words. It reenforces my self confidence knowing that on the internet strangers like you are willing to take the time and offer some esteem boosting, praising and personal complements. Please keep up the good work since you make the internet a more valuable place with your heart warming comment.

EDIT: Also in my above post I noticed I typed trick when I meant to type strike.
Hi Julien, thanks for always keeping us updated on this forum. When do you think the cranes will be going up? Will the cranes be at a lower height or the full sixty-one? I drove by there this morning, and they are really moving along.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Hi Julien, thanks for always keeping us updated on this forum. When do you think the cranes will be going up? Will the cranes be at a lower height or the full sixty-one? I drove by there this morning, and they are really moving along.
Curious about that too. I wonder how hard it is for crane operators to see from way up 61 floors, or if there is a max height they can be from the floor they are working on.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
I second the bolded, thank you!

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 3:25 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
I second the bolded, thank you!
Yes. Julien always delivers with the photos...much appreciated.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 3:55 PM

Originally Quoted from atlwarrior:
"Hi Julien, thanks for always keeping us updated on this forum. When do you think the cranes will be going up? Will the cranes be at a lower height or the full sixty-one? I drove by there this morning, and they are really moving along."

Just chiming in here.

It's my understanding that the crane would have a standard "stand alone" height - a height at which it is self-supporting. As the building height increases, so does the height of the crane - because at that point the crane gets is stability from being directly secured to the building. If the building footprint (width) at the base is greater than the width of the primary tower, (such is the case here) there may be an internal channel through the building floors where the crane would rise in correlation with the height.

Not sure if this is what you were asking - but just my guess here. I could be wrong.

Last edited by DNR; Aug 18, 2023 at 3:58 PM. Reason: Edit

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
I so lost. What are y'all talking about?
It was just a possible answer to the question... "Will the cranes be at a lower height or the full sixty-one?" from atlwarrior

Old Posted Aug 18, 2023, 8:03 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
It was just a possible answer to the question... "Will the cranes be at a lower height or the full sixty-one?" from atlwarrior
It almost certainly will rise with the tower. Highly doubtful a full 61 story tower crane at the onset.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Originally Quoted from atlwarrior:
"Hi Julien, thanks for always keeping us updated on this forum. When do you think the cranes will be going up? Will the cranes be at a lower height or the full sixty-one? I drove by there this morning, and they are really moving along."

Just chiming in here.

It's my understanding that the crane would have a standard "stand alone" height - a height at which it is self-supporting. As the building height increases, so does the height of the crane - because at that point the crane gets is stability from being directly secured to the building. If the building footprint (width) at the base is greater than the width of the primary tower, (such is the case here) there may be an internal channel through the building floors where the crane would rise in correlation with the height.

Not sure if this is what you were asking - but just my guess here. I could be wrong.
Makes sense, thanks.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Just a slight post correction. I’m an apolitical moron but thank you very much for taking time to post the kind and thoughtful words. It reenforces my self confidence knowing that on the internet strangers like you are willing to take the time and offer some esteem boosting, praising and personal complements. Please keep up the good work since you make the internet a more valuable place with your heart warming comment.

EDIT: Also in my above post I noticed I typed trick when I meant to type strike.
Thank you Julien, ignore bozos

My brother and I may try to take a walk down there tomorrow, I want to see it in person along with some of the newer devs, I've been sick so want to see progress

Old Posted Aug 19, 2023, 2:09 PM

I remember the crane at Modera Midtown was almost full height from the start. They had to do that to clear University House. That climb must've been pretty miserable for the operator.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 4:50 PM

Throw away pic from this morning. Was going to crossover and take pic over fence but figured I needed more construction progress to make it worth dying for.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2023, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Throw away pic from this morning. Was going to crossover and take pic over fence but figured I needed more construction progress to make it worth dying for.
Seriously. Thank you for your service

Cannot wait until this one gets above ground. Once they get that parking deck up, I bet it will fly up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta