HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
If you pull up the active transportation map you can see what the full build out of the subdivision in that area is going to look like.

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...compressed.pdf
There's quite a lot of land there that can be developed. I think MoeMar will be busy for a long time. I would imagine the Town of Riverview is happy to see a bit more density with these apartment buildings mixed into this development.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
If you pull up the active transportation map you can see what the full build out of the subdivision in that area is going to look like.

https://www.townofriverview.ca/sites...compressed.pdf
I do wonder how current that would be considering its a report from 2013.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
As far as I can’t tell it’s still 100% all of the roads marked there have been built as planned.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I think that the end result doesn't necessarily turn out exactly like like what's depicted on the maps. But the concept is there, and the town wants vacant land developed. These apartment buildings that MoeMar is building will produce more tax revenue than single family or semi-detached homes. So a mixture is what they're looking for.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 3:52 PM

The roads that have been built since 2013 are exactly what this map shows. I see no reason why the rest of this areas build up would differ from the map shown here, especially since it’s being built by the same developer.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 5:30 PM

I live in the area so this is good to see what the plans are. I would prefer not to have an apartment building go up behind me and it appears not to be the case.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 8:35 PM

There's structural steel being erected on The Tides building on Coverdale Road! I was thinking it was going to be the same type of concrete construction as the Tannery Place buildings.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2021, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I live in the area so this is good to see what the plans are. I would prefer not to have an apartment building go up behind me and it appears not to be the case.
I believe the area along the Bridgedale extension has some apartment buildings and retail. You can refer to the zoning map to see what areas will be zoned as what. This just gives the basic framework for the street network and the lots.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I decided to take a wander over there to see for myself.

There is indeed the base for a tower crane in the ground on Dickey Blvd in Dobson Landing.

This is indeed a surprise as I am pretty sure the building being built there is no more than four storeys tall (unless there has been a change).

Here is the website for the development:
https://www.dobsonlanding.com/#section-1

The (future) crane is located on the map labelled "lot D"

[EDIT] I actually just found a rendering for this building on the interweb (new, I've never seen this before). This image was located on the website of an engineering firm based out of Halifax. A few judicious search terms and parameters allowed Google Search to take me right there.

The building will be up to five storeys tall (in places) and will be called "The Jeffrey"
They tower crane for this project is being erected today. It appears to be the tower crane from Tannery Place.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 7:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Busy day in Riverview.

There is also a large mobile crane at The Tides on Coverdale Road. They are finally starting to put up the first floor of this building.

I suppose they could do the whole damned building with this large mobile crane. The Tides will only be five storeys after all. I don't think we will ever see a tower crane at this building site.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 1, 2021 at 7:45 PM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 8:47 PM

That's a nice design. I hope the end product is close to the rendering.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 9:04 PM

I've seen that large mobile crane at The Tides in the past. I also don't think this one will require a full tower crane, but I think we could see a mini tower crane later on. The elevator shaft is also taking shape, but overall it has been slow going.

When it's finished it will be a major improvement from the overgrown vacant lot that was there before. Especially in such a prominent location.

In light of how slow this build is going, it will be interesting to see if they start The Current next summer. I think that was their plan.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 9:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
In light of how slow this build is going, it will be interesting to see if they start The Current next summer. I think that was their plan.
Thrive Properties is no stranger to having multiple concurrent projects on the go. I expect to see the old fire station coming down in the spring, and construction on The Current starting next summer or fall.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Thrive Properties is no stranger to having multiple concurrent projects on the go. I expect to see the old fire station coming down in the spring, and construction on The Current starting next summer or fall.
They're almost finished with he West Royalty Suites, which is scheduled to be ready in March. That's a large project at 97 units. I was wondering if the crew on that project would come over to N.B. to work with Thrive on the projects that they have underway here. It certainly would boost their work force. Would you know MonctonRad?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 2:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, I was up at the top end of Riverview yesterday, at the corner of Findlay and Gunningsville, and I did a bit of a double take when I looked left.

Here, on the back edge of Riverview, was a streetscape with a large mini tower crane in the foreground (Dobson Crossing), and a proper tower crane in the background (The Jeffrey at Dobson Landing).

It felt like I had suddenly entered an alternate universe of some kind........

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 3:47 PM

Quote:
So, I was up at the top end of Riverview yesterday, at the corner of Findlay and Gunningsville, and I did a bit of a double take when I looked left.

Here, on the back edge of Riverview, was a streetscape with a large mini tower crane in the foreground (Dobson Crossing), and a proper tower crane in the background (The Jeffrey at Dobson Landing).

It felt like I had suddenly entered an alternate universe of some kind........
That’s how I felt on my way to work the other day.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2021, 11:25 PM

It's great to finally see some progress happening at the Dobson Landing development. It will add a lot of different type residential units to Riverview when it's built out. I'm sure the town is glad to see more vacant land being developed.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2021, 10:19 AM
Random Contributor

and Now in My Backyard is something completely different.
Riverview is redefining Nimby

New mayor, new direction - New in my backyard.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2021, 4:07 PM

There's a small video of The Tides construction site on the Thrive Properties Facebook page. They're basically saying that yes it's taken some time, but they're now ready to go vertical. They've been working on the retaining wall, the underground parking garage, and building the podium.

They've been busy with things that haven't been visible when you drive by, but now we should be able to watch the progress as the building goes up.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2021, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
and Now in My Backyard is something completely different.
Riverview is redefining Nimby

New mayor, new direction - New in my backyard.
the new leadership at town hall is a breath of fresh air for the town ...long overdue

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces