HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 10:57 PM

^Provencher likes narcissistic assholes?

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 11:27 PM
the first stamp is free

No, Provnecher would vote for anyone with a pulse provided they were running for the Conservatives

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 4:54 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Provencher should pound sand.

...too soon?

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Provencher should pound sand.

...too soon?
slow_clap.gif
LOL

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
No, Provnecher would vote for anything with a pulse provided they were running for the Conservatives
Threw a little edit in your comment.

PCs could run a goat with a pylon hat in Provencher against only one left wing party (no vote splitting) and still win.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 5:28 PM

I have to be honest, if a goat with a pylon hat were running anywhere, I would trip over my own feet to vote for them, regardless of who else is running. That goat has my respect and admiration.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 6:43 PM

There are backbenchers who literally don't do any more actual work than the goat would. The goat could still do photo ops and attend community events.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
There are backbenchers who literally don't do any more actual work than the goat would. The goat could still do photo ops and attend community events.
Maybe this is how we can oust long-time politicians from ridings that are strongholds for a given party. Just run a goat, make it a meme, and let the internet get people voting and embarrass the incumbent and their party if they lose.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 8:53 PM

Vote Goat 2025

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 12:57 PM

yikes, sparks are flying over at the Leg! Manitoba’s NDP government has removed Mark Wasyliw, MLA for Fort Garry, from the party’s caucus. They say it's bcuz a lawyer at his law firm defended Nygaard in court. On his way out, Wasyliw threw some parting shots at Kinew "Wab [Kinew] is a toxic and dysfunctional leader, and he has created a toxic and dysfunctional government"

I'm not a fan of the guy, he was defending DUI while being a MLA, but the NDP accepted that. Now they are not. Crazy what stories are going to come of this.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/toxic-an...inew-1.7039901

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/it-s-dis...ment-1.7041634

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
yikes, sparks are flying over at the Leg! Manitoba’s NDP government has removed Mark Wasyliw, MLA for Fort Garry, from the party’s caucus. They say it's bcuz a lawyer at his law firm defended Nygaard in court. On his way out, Wasyliw threw some parting shots at Kinew "Wab [Kinew] is a toxic and dysfunctional leader, and he has created a toxic and dysfunctional government"

I'm not a fan of the guy, he was defending DUI while being a MLA, but the NDP accepted that. Now they are not. Crazy what stories are going to come of this.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/toxic-an...inew-1.7039901

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/it-s-dis...ment-1.7041634
I think they needed to find an excuse. There's definitely more than meets the eye here.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 1:36 PM

Pretty rich coming from the party who’s led by a guy who beat the shit out of a cabbie and went on a drunk driving rampage.

That is some dysfunctional shit right there.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 2:06 PM
the first stamp is free

Wasyliw has put himself in a position of ridiculous conflict of interest. He is an MLA representing the Manitoba Governement (the Crown)

Yet somehow he feels it ethical that he can maintain his day job as a defense lawyer arguing cases against the Crown. I am not sure how the Manitoba Law Society lets this go on to be honest.

He should have gone on a leave of absence from his duties as a lawyer while he was an MLA.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
I think they needed to find an excuse. There's definitely more than meets the eye here.
I suspect there's been a problem with Wasilyw since the election. Like you said, he still did his legal-ish work after the election, contrary to the party policy of not having outside work while an MLA. Kinew seemed to let it slide for reasons I can only guess at. (Maybe he was hoping Wasilyw would change his behaviour? Maybe he was trying too hard to be a "good guy"?)

Of course, it's all just conjecture at this point, but the Nygard reference seemed like a public excuse for cutting loose an irritant. Now that he's out of caucus, Wasilyw is piling on the dirt, claiming Kinew's leadership is "toxic" and claiming that party members are "tearing up their memberships" over this.

The last comment, for me, is telling. It's the claim of a conceited individual who seems to believe they make their own rules for themselves, and in a fit of pique lash out at whomever opposed them.

I can see this guy flipping to the PC's in the future. He gives them ammunition to try to redefine Kinew as they want him defined.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Sep 18, 2024, 7:37 PM

Wasilyw was in court defending a WPS on a DUI charge while offduty, the drama around this continues!

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Wasilyw was in court defending a WPS on a DUI charge while offduty, the drama around this continues!
this guy has absolutely zero judgment. i can't imagine trusting him to represent me, since he clearly can't even represent himself.

so he didn't get picked for a cabinet position. he could have grumbled about it privately but just waited for the first cabinet shuffle (or if wab's actually that awful a leader, waited for the caucus revolt).

nope! instead, he goes on a tirade against the party leader in public, then breaks his pledge to stop practicing law because (again in public) he describes his backbencher MLA job as a part-time gig, and then takes on clients (nygard and a drunk-driving cop) that make it impossible to ignore the conflicts of interest.

this guy felt that he was owed minister of justice right out the gate just because he's a lawyer, and then pitches a pubic hissy fit because he has to actually serve in the MLA role he was elected to? jfc, get over yourself

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 4:19 PM

Criminal defence lawyers are a specific breed. They really need to believe in due process and innocent until proven guilty type stuff. or just take the money.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 4:20 PM

He was kicked out because his business partner defended Peter Nygard? I'm confused, does Nygard not deserve to be defended like every other person brought before the courts?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
He was kicked out because his business partner defended Peter Nygard? I'm confused, does Nygard not deserve to be defended like every other person brought before the courts?
Yes, he does. I don't think anyone's saying that Nygard shouldn't have a criminal defence attorney.

It's just that anyone working as an MLA (especially one so publicly obsessed about becoming minister of justice) should probably not be choosing Nygard as his client. Or the drunk-driving WPS cop.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 4:37 PM

As someone rightly mentioned, being an MLA should not be a side hustle. We deserve better.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan