HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted May 12, 2014, 10:31 PM

I caught a Streetview car today at Island Park/Scott!!! I'm excited to see myself on Streetview soon haha.

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 12:29 AM

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.22528...PA!2e0!6m1!1e1

See that group of 4 people sitting on the ledge? The one on the left is me

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 12:36 AM

Google Maps has updated Ottawa to have 3D buildings. Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal had that before us (but all of the U.S. was done prior), but Toronto isn't done yet.

For Ottawa, several buildings are missing, as they're under-construction (Performance Court, Flaherty, Merit, Gotham, Cathedral Hill, Central phase 2/3, CP 3/4, Lansdowne, etc.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 3:48 AM

That's AWESOME!!! I've been impatiently checking for ages. Winterpeg had 3D Buildings last year. Make sure to hold down your shift key to tilt folks!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 12:59 AM

It would appear that the Google Street View imagery has been updated to 2014 for Ottawa, Kingston, Belleville, Brockville and probably others that I haven't checked.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 1:11 AM

^^^ thanks for posting... I was waiting for this as I was walking down Richmond Rd last May when the car went by... I know the exact spot... but I guess it wasn't taking pictures at the time

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 2:16 AM
National Capital Region

Thanks for the update! Also, a lot of roads that were blacked out before seem to be fixed

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
Thanks for the update! Also, a lot of roads that were blacked out before seem to be fixed
Great...as is the standard I looked at my house. No car on the driveway but somebody was home..photo taken on a nice sunny day in September and some of the windows in the house were open. Based on the fact that the trees were starting to turn colour I'd say around September 20.

For a total contrast, Dhaka, Bangladesh is now on Street View

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 2:44 AM
Awesome!

Gatineau as well have summer 2014 updates with the new and now-soon to be closed (in May) Target.

And the new house roof looks very nice indeed, though the lawn a different story
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 4:06 AM

Since you're mentioning Gatineau, I'll also point out that the Autoroute 50 imagery is now available the full length of the highway since the highway was completed in late 2012. This highway has beautiful scenery and is well worth checking out.

But strangely enough, the imagery has mysteriously disappeared on Route 105 between Wakefield and Maniwaki. This was another supposedly beautiful highway that I wanted to check out but have no reason to spend the gas and two hours each way driving to Maniwaki. I wonder if there's a way to bring this to Google's attention. I know that it has nothing to do with the Autoroute 5 extensions since there are no further extensions planned past Wakefield.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Some seem to have been removed....the road west of Calabogie just ends coverage about 10 km west of Calabogie..previously coverage went through to Denbigh and included a cottage I went to..now it has no coverage.

This new update means my image is gone

Old Posted Jan 24, 2015, 4:02 PM
Awesome!

I think their updates are in not completed yet. Lot of subdivisions in which StreetView did not entered (Fernbank subdivision, the new subdivision off Terry Fox North, the Mahogeny subdivision, most of Half Moon Bay, Avalon and the new Riverside South portion south of Earl Armstrong, just to name a few)
"However, the Leafs have not won the Cup since 1967, giving them the longest-active Cup drought in the NHL, and thus are the only Original Six team that has not won the Cup since the 1967 NHL expansion." Favorite phrase on the Toronto Maple Leafs Wikipedia page.

Last edited by Cre47; Jan 24, 2015 at 4:17 PM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 9:26 PM
Busy Beaver

Who's the clown that changed the name of the island below Parliament to "Charles Jezterman Island" on Google maps? Obviously a prank that hasn't been taken down.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 2:22 AM
National Capital Region

geoOttawa has 2014 imagery up
http://maps.ottawa.ca/geoottawa/

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 3:30 AM

Quote:
geoOttawa has 2014 imagery up
http://maps.ottawa.ca/geoottawa/
I saw that today! I've spent an embarrassing amount of time on those maps.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 7:58 PM
Awesome!

Pretty sure everybody saw the Pac-Man game within the Google Maps. Best place to try it would be in the suburban loopy streets.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2015, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre47 View Post
Pretty sure everybody saw the Pac-Man game within the Google Maps. Best place to try it would be in the suburban loopy streets.
Some of the cemeteries work well as does confederation park and parliament hill.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 1:17 PM

Google Maps is still a few years behind for Ottawa.
Here is the South Keys Airport Parkway pedestrian bridge.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/l...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 5:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltodesukane View Post
Google Maps is still a few years behind for Ottawa.
Here is the South Keys Airport Parkway pedestrian bridge.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/l...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

The images would have been taken right around the weekend of August 9-10, 2014. The circus at RA Centre is visible, which was that weekend. It's not a weekday, since Greenboro Park and Ride was empty. The bridge deck was installed just over a week after that image was taken, August 18-20. The bridge is visible in Streetview imagery from September 2014.

It's basically the most recent summer aerial image you can get for Ottawa.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catenary View Post
The images would have been taken right around the weekend of August 9-10, 2014. The circus at RA Centre is visible, which was that weekend. It's not a weekday, since Greenboro Park and Ride was empty. The bridge deck was installed just over a week after that image was taken, August 18-20. The bridge is visible in Streetview imagery from September 2014.

It's basically the most recent summer aerial image you can get for Ottawa.
Well spotted. That weekend (August 9/10 2014) I was at a sports tournament in the Leitrim area and the fields look empty if it was the same date of imagery.

Any reason why the standalone Google Earth imagery is from September 2013 and Google Maps Satellite imagery is from August 2014?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion