HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 5:42 PM

It is not a good idea for people to stop the closing doors of an elevator with the beverage they are holding...especially when it is some bright color, and filled all the way.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 6:43 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I just got word that my house in St. John's was broken into.

Not yet sure what is missing, but the TV is definitely gone, and the back door was kicked in.

Fuck this month.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 7:03 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

If there's a bright side, I guess I finally fit in here.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 7:16 PM
I like this much better

I don't think of macs as being snobby. Not anymore. Back in, like, the mid to late 90s, yeah, sure, totally, but now it's kinda removed from that. I mean, who argues over an OS anyway? Isn't everyone pretty proficient in pretty much everything at this point so it doesn't really matter?

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 10:02 PM
I am a typical

There is a difference between "I have a Mac for work purposes" and "I have a Mac! Look at my Mac! My Mac so shiny! My Mac does things better than your PC does!!! My Mac and I like to dance past fences covered in advertisements for Macs while listening to music on my iPhone!"

The latter is the problem.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
I like this much better

But who does the latter? I've never seen it? I mean, I don't use this for work, I do for school, sure, but I also just personally like using it more than windows.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 10:34 PM
Registered Loser

I can't work a Mac, but in my own defence, I am an idiot.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 10:34 PM
I am a typical

The Mac OS is prettier and easier to use, except for those of us who are used to having to run around from menu to menu to accomplish simple tasks. You can't deny that there aren't people who consider Macs to be status symbols. They act like they're in some sort of cult or something. Blackberry people do the same thing but more subtly. An iPhone person will say "hold on, I have to answer a text on my Apple®™ iPhone®", while a Blackberry person will purposefully (they say accidentally but it is purposefully) walk into you while texting on theirs, then wave it in your face as they continue to walk by without apologizing.

The best thing Apple has ever created, though, is the messaging system on iPhones:

http://fyouautocorrect.com/

This stuff is gold.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 10:53 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Meat View Post
But who does the latter? I've never seen it? I mean, I don't use this for work, I do for school, sure, but I also just personally like using it more than windows.
My aunt is exactly what vid describes. When I got an Android phone (touchscreen, obviously) she said "isn't it funny how everybody is copying Apple?", only because it was a touchscreen. It has a tracking ball too, so maybe it's a Blackberry knockoff too, but she didn't mention that. She has an iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac, Macbook, and probably more, if they make anything else. She makes books with her photos that have the Apple logo all over them; I made a similar book on Costco's website, but it doesn't have "made on a PC" on every page.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 11:02 PM
I am a typical

Apple didn't even come up with any of the technology they use, they just put it together and present it nicely. It's really more of a marketing company than a technology company, as evidenced by the Apple logo on everything, as well as

--this post sent via Apple iPhone

as if people care what kind of computer sent the post.

Old Posted May 16, 2011, 11:05 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

To be fair, Facebook posts sent from Android, Windows Phones, or Blackberries also do that.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 12:31 AM
E pluribus unum

^Which is one of the reasons I dislike posting on Facebook from my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyi View Post
I thought you just came from Ohio? I assumed you were already at that wedding.
I went back last month for a conference in Cincinnati. This time around, I fly to Columbus then drive two and a half hours north to Bucyrus (wherever the fuck that is) for a goddamn wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
Huh...Apparently I'll be in Phoenix from the 29th-June 3rd. Didn't see that one coming.
Flying or driving? Lemme know if you have time? I may be able to come down off the mountain for a quick meet (I need to check out Cityscape in Downtown Phoenix) either Sunday the 29th or Monday the 30th since that's Memorial Day.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 12:51 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Flying or driving? Lemme know if you have time? I may be able to come down off the mountain for a quick meet (I need to check out Cityscape in Downtown Phoenix) either Sunday the 29th or Monday the 30th since that's Memorial Day.
Flying, but we will have a rental (though I probably won't be allowed to drive it).

I'd definitely be up for a meet, since I'll probably be looking for excuses to get out of Litchfield Park.
I was looking on Google, hoping that the LRT went by there so I can easily go into the city, but I see it doesn't really go anywhere West of downtown.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 1:03 AM
E pluribus unum

No, it doesn't go any farther west than Missouri/19th Avenue (midtown). PM me, I was planning on coming down to Phoenix for Memorial Day weekend anyways to see my parents.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 1:38 AM
Always A Classic

Just had tacos, topped with homemade picked jalapeños and habanero hot sauce (whole habanero peppers, salt, vinegar, water and ground in a food processor), both of which I made this weekend. It tasted great (and very hot), but it's probably the stupidest thing an IBS sufferer can do.

Oh well, everyone already calls me a flaming asshole.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 1:50 AM
Registered Loser

the spice so nice you feel it twice

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 3:45 AM
Bah!

Quote:
....This time around, I fly to Columbus then drive two and a half hours north to Bucyrus (wherever the fuck that is)
I just looked it up. Yep, it's the middle of nowhere. Looks like the largest town in it's county.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 3:58 AM
E pluribus unum

Oh, goody. When Mansfield is the largest nearby town, you know you're in trouble. I don't know why my family has an aversion to getting married in big cities (other cousin from this family got married about 30 miles south of Reynoldsburg).

For fucks sake, I'd be happy to attend a wedding in Toledo at this point...

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 4:15 AM
Always A Classic

Quote:
Oh, goody. When Mansfield is the largest nearby town, you know you're in trouble. I don't know why my family has an aversion to getting married in big cities (other cousin from this family got married about 30 miles south of Reynoldsburg).

For fucks sake, I'd be happy to attend a wedding in Toledo at this point...
Quit bitchin' BN, at least you're going to the most diverse of the two cities in Crawford county. Finding a person of color in inner-city Bucyrus must be like a real-life "Where's Waldo" game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 13,224 people, 5,559 households, and 3,552 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,812.0 people per square mile (699.4/km²). There were 5,955 housing units at an average density of 816.0 per square mile (315.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 97.38% White, 0.78% African American, 0.27% Native American, 0.51% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 0.78% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.98% of the population.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 3:00 PM
Bah!

Went and saw the Titanic exibition yesterday at the Putnam Museum. Quite impressive. It's amazing that things like postcards, leather goods and clothing could survive after 90+ years on the bottom of the ocean. In one display you could still smell perfume that survived.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest