HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
I sat through the first hour of the RN meeting. The TCC renovations are on track and on budget. Concerts at the music hall are selling out and events have solid attendance.

The team that owns The Neighborhood (Alvernon/29th) and La Chingada on Scott are planning to open 4 new concepts downtown in the next 6 months.

1. The old H2O building on Congress will become a second The Neighborhood location with a rooftop beer garden.
2. La Chingada will be moving to the old Poca Cosa location on Scott/Pennington. The will also open a small convenience store on the east side of that location.
3. The current La Chingada location will become an oyster and mariscos place called La Cruda
4. 61 East Congress (just west of The Screening Room) will become a raspados place called Antojitos

All 4 concepts together are estimated to generate $9.2mil in revenue per year. They asked for $450k from RN for renovation and other construction work. Their request was approved.

They had some concept images for each place that looked nice, I am sure someone will find them and post them.
Thanks for that update!

Im looking forward to seeing these concepts get up and running.

Did you by chance hear anything about the lawsuit against nor-gens? Or the Volvo site update?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 2:25 AM

Updated Crzyabe's post with images from Rio Nuevo and the Star below.

https://tucson.com/news/local/subscriber/four-new-restaurant-venues-are-coming-to-downtown-tucson/article_2ca8e1....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyabe View Post
I sat through the first hour of the RN meeting. The TCC renovations are on track and on budget. Concerts at the music hall are selling out and events have solid attendance.

The team that owns The Neighborhood (Alvernon/29th) and La Chingada on Scott are planning to open 4 new concepts downtown in the next 6 months.

1. The old H2O building on Congress will become a second The Neighborhood location with a rooftop beer garden.

2. La Chingada will be moving to the old Poca Cosa location on Scott/Pennington. The will also open a small convenience store on the east side of that location.

3. The current La Chingada location will become an oyster and mariscos place called La Cruda

4. 61 East Congress (just west of The Screening Room) will become a raspados place called Antojitos

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 3:00 AM

The Volvo site will have a final economic analysis with development plans on the next RN meeting Nov. 16. According to a rep for the developer, they are still using the development plan from 2019 which includes retail, hotel, and residential. Once they see the complete proposal, they will motion to approve GPLET and $400,000 towards the project.

City Park is changing ownership. Hexagon Mining will continue to operate there I believe. However, under the previous ownership, they had $1.3 million in escrow that was allocated for the first two levels but new leadership will return that to RN.

TCC: not much new updates, the Lot C garage will be done in January in time for the 2022 Gem and Mineral show.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsaturn View Post
The Volvo site will have a final economic analysis with development plans on the next RN meeting Nov. 16. According to a rep for the developer, they are still using the development plan from 2019 which includes retail, hotel, and residential. Once they see the complete proposal, they will motion to approve GPLET and $400,000 towards the project.

City Park is changing ownership. Hexagon Mining will continue to operate there I believe. However, under the previous ownership, they had $1.3 million in escrow that was allocated for the first two levels but new leadership will return that to RN.

TCC: not much new updates, the Lot C garage will be done in January in time for the 2022 Gem and Mineral show.
Thank you for that update 🙌🏼… I appreciate it.

I’m excited to see the Volvo site get going again.

I hope that new ownership of city park can get something accomplished soon..

Those 4 new renderings look decent and I’ll take them over shuttered buildings

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 2:57 PM

Updated Crzyabe's post with images from Rio Nuevo and the Star below.

Thanks for that, I suck at finding usable image hosting

Last edited by crzyabe; Oct 27, 2021 at 3:23 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:28 PM

Thank you for the updates and the imagery. All good info. I really wish they'd talk about Nor Gen project. Everything is always behind closed doors. But I guess we'll have a fancy new parking garage behind the Music Hall for people to walk to the white circus tents in the dirt lot.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 12:49 AM

The Arizona Department of Transportation officially announced that all major work is finished on I-10 Ruthrauff and all lanes and ramps are open. (https://azdot.gov/adot-news/adot-com...ad-interchange)

AzDOT also recently held a public meeting for the project between Ruthrauff and Ina Rd. Documents, a virtual 3-D "fly-through" of the project, and recordings of the meeting can are available (https://azdot.gov/projects/southcent...a-roads/public). The project will widen I-10 to 4 lanes through Ina Rd., reconstruct Orange Grove Rd. to make room for more clearance on Orange Grove below I-10, reconstruct Sunset Rd. over I-10, and reconstruct I-10 bridges at CDO Wash and Rillito River (among other tasks). The project is scheduled to start in fall of 2022 and last into 2025. It also appears the recently discussed (on this forum) project to construct a bridge over the Rillito River to connect Sunset to River Rd. will be tied into this project.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 5:47 PM

New collaboration between El Charro Flores family, and Barrio Bread, Don Guerra called Monica, opening in City Park on Congress.

https://tucson.com/news/local/subscr...=home-trending

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 11:34 PM

New multi-family development coming to Barrio Viejo. No real specifics on it though and lot doesn't appear too big. I looked it up in PRO on Tucson city website and the address appears to be 507 S Meyer Ave. There's nothing updated on there though and the owner still appears as Arizona Territorial Lands who was the seller per the article.

https://realestatedaily-news.com/new...wntown-tucson/

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 2:04 AM

Some suburban news - new 4-story, 209 unit apartment complex "The Alexander" broke ground on W Airie (Thornydale south of Ina) in Marana. It supposedly will be the first mid-rise apartments in the area.

Kayla Shay Photography

Looks like there is some commercial planned along Thornydale.

Town of Marana/AZBEX

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
New multi-family development coming to Barrio Viejo. No real specifics on it though and lot doesn't appear too big. I looked it up in PRO on Tucson city website and the address appears to be 507 S Meyer Ave. There's nothing updated on there though and the owner still appears as Arizona Territorial Lands who was the seller per the article.

https://realestatedaily-news.com/new...wntown-tucson/
Once they have a design and/or concept, they will have to go in front to the Barrio Historico Advisory Board for feedback. Those documents will be public, so we might see some concepts soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it is something similar to the Miramonte development across the street

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 11:38 PM

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 3:05 PM

A 288-unit apartment complex is coming to the Bridges and hopes to be ready for occupancy by January 2023.

Workforce Attainable Complex Planned in Tucson

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 3:12 PM

A developer is wanting to build up to almost 1,200 units of single- & multi-family residences south of the Valencia extension a couple miles east of Houghton Rd. This would be just west of the Rocking K development and would be on both sides of the Pantano Wash though the city and county (and nearby residents of Rocking K) are concerned this may be too large and dense of a development on the fringes of the city.

Tucson Quarry Could Become Master-Planned Com.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 3:24 PM

The Tucson City Council has the rezoning for the proposed PAD development at 6th/Campbell on its agenda for their next meeting on 11/9/21 (https://tucsonaz.onbaseonline.com/18...1576&doctype=1) at item #8. Exhibit A has an updated outline of the proposal.

Besides the project itself, of interest, was on page 23 of the PDF (page 19 of the document itself) there's a map of the project and it indicates a "Planned Streetcar Route" heading down 6th Street then turning south down Campbell.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
The Tucson City Council has the rezoning for the proposed PAD development at 6th/Campbell on its agenda for their next meeting on 11/9/21 (https://tucsonaz.onbaseonline.com/18...1576&doctype=1) at item #8. Exhibit A has an updated outline of the proposal.

Besides the project itself, of interest, was on page 23 of the PDF (page 19 of the document itself) there's a map of the project and it indicates a "Planned Streetcar Route" heading down 6th Street then turning south down Campbell.
This is interesting... Maybe they're planning to take the street car down campbell/kino > benson > tucson blvd. > tia?? that makes the most sense to me cuz then it would be connected to the bridges as well

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan.x.ito View Post
This is interesting... Maybe they're planning to take the street car down campbell/kino > benson > tucson blvd. > tia?? that makes the most sense to me cuz then it would be connected to the bridges as well
The Move Tucson website that people voted on various routes had a Campbell Streetcar route from River Rd all the way south to The Bridges. But it never went any further. I mean at least it should terminate at Kino Sports Complex or the Banner South Hospital. But I've never seen any streetcar option down 6th St. The only options were Broadway for an east/west direction.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ71 View Post
The Move Tucson website that people voted on various routes had a Campbell Streetcar route from River Rd all the way south to The Bridges. But it never went any further. I mean at least it should terminate at Kino Sports Complex or the Banner South Hospital. But I've never seen any streetcar option down 6th St. The only options were Broadway for an east/west direction.
I'm not good at the picture thing so I don't even try (I know there's been lots of tutorials on here but I still can't get it), but the picture I reference from the plans show a line planned line going down 6th and turning south down Campbell. I was pretty surprised.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 3:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not good at the picture thing so I don't even try (I know there's been lots of tutorials on here but I still can't get it), but the picture I reference from the plans show a line planned line going down 6th and turning south down Campbell. I was pretty surprised.
That image states that the Streetcar route shown is part of a 2013 Streetcar route expansion study as a possible route. I assume the COT places these possible routes into transportation considerations in order to not build over them or make them impossible in the future. I doubt there is anything more solid or actual plans (yet) for that expansion.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 4:55 PM

ADOT has released the Final Tier 1 EIS today, and it looks like they've chosen Alternative 7 as their selected route for Sonoran Corridor. (This is the alternative that starts at Rita and ends at El Toro) https://azdot.gov/planning/transport...pact-statement

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest