HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
I've never heard of the developer, and their website brings up a virus/phishing warning, my computer won't even let me go to it lol. They probably were amateurs or crooks or both, and project is stalled. It is marketed by Rennie though, who should have known better. Not a good look for a high profile brokerage like that to be a part of some sketchy developer and an orphan development site with a crane. They should have brought in one of their developer friends to take over, god knows they are well connected in the industry
It's not virus/phishing but their TLS certificate for 'everestgroup.ca' has expired since Feb 2021, so browsers would show certificate errors.
It's either the company is in trouble or shows how much attention they put into their branding to let the certificate expire for a year and a half.

They started updating their Facebook page in June asking for investment in their Everest Place development in Florida, but otherwise looks very empty.
There is comment on one of the posts alleging the CEO's ties with drug trafficking and money laundering, and defrauding investors...

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyhallgoat View Post
There is comment on one of the posts alleging the CEO's ties with drug trafficking and money laundering, and defrauding investors...
There's a comment from the company CEO saying they fired an employee for ripping them off and giving Trades contracts to friends. He posted all sorts of shit to get back at the company. It's too easy to spread lies, or just jump to conclusions that if something goes wrong with a development it has a criminal aspect. It can be the result of bad luck or incompetence, and commenters can jump to invalid conclusions or can even be malicious.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 6:20 PM

Ok good to know! I had never heard of them before at all, this must be one of their first projects in Vancouver? So the combination of that, plus their website link not working, on top of the dead construction site with a crane, you can't blame me for suspecting amateurs or shadiness lol!

And I know Rennie's work was probably done before this, I didn't mean to suggest they were in cahoots or had a part in it. I just meant for optics, they are very well known and work on major projects, so people associate them with projects even though they are just marketers. So the buyers would have sour taste over the whole thing, and they probably don't trust Rennie either. It's all about association, people won't stop to delve into too many details. If this project doesn't move ahead, people will think Rennie lined themselves up with a company that couldn't hang

Old Posted Sep 10, 2022, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
Ok good to know! I had never heard of them before at all, this must be one of their first projects in Vancouver? So the combination of that, plus their website link not working, on top of the dead construction site with a crane, you can't blame me for suspecting amateurs or shadiness lol!

And I know Rennie's work was probably done before this, I didn't mean to suggest they were in cahoots or had a part in it. I just meant for optics, they are very well known and work on major projects, so people associate them with projects even though they are just marketers. So the buyers would have sour taste over the whole thing, and they probably don't trust Rennie either. It's all about association, people won't stop to delve into too many details. If this project doesn't move ahead, people will think Rennie lined themselves up with a company that couldn't hang
Like other real estate marketing companies, Rennie have been involved in a few projects that haven't gone ahead, but I can't remember if any have stalled mid-construction. They've been trying to sell 1818 Alberni for at least a couple of years, and Davie & Nicola was marketed over 3 years ago, but hasn't happened.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 6:28 PM

Hey everyone! They’re finally taking the fences down which confirms this weeks occupancy. It was my pleasure updating you all, goodluck with your new home and I’ll see you guys at the AGM.

https://ibb.co/vZ1XpzR
https://ibb.co/s3nyS0t

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 1:11 AM

An area in transition for sure. Nice to see that this is complete. Too bad phase 2+ has been so slow to move. Is 102 Ave paved / lined yet?

And thanks for all the photos!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlfriend View Post
Hey everyone! They’re finally taking the fences down which confirms this week's occupancy. It was my pleasure updating you all, good luck with your new home and I’ll see you guys at the AGM.
Thank you for all the updates, it's much appreciated.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 5:26 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
An area in transition for sure. Nice to see that this is complete. Too bad phase 2+ has been so slow to move. Is 102 Ave paved / lined yet?

And thanks for all the photos!
Paved, yes. Lined? Not yet. It's currently marked. The new intersection with Whalley Blvd is still blocked off.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 9:13 PM

Any updates on businesses moving in and/or new businesses being announced?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 11:46 PM
Blazed Member - Citygater

looking at the map here it looks like phase 2 is Two towers 32 and 31 stories. is that still the case with both being built at the same time?

link from >>
http://www.nestpresales.com/building...amp=1548297898

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 12:21 AM

Tower two package was emailed out. 9 towers planned. Phase 2 is a single 31 storey tower. The largest 2 bedrooms are 784 sq feet with a 121 sq foot patio (905 combined).

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EhJay View Post
Tower two package was emailed out. 9 towers planned. Phase 2 is a single 31 storey tower. The largest 2 bedrooms are 784 sq feet with a 121 sq foot patio (905 combined).
This is going on the old TRU site, right?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 7:04 AM

does 103rd avenue currently exist?

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 7:41 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
does 103rd avenue currently exist?
That would be the alley/loading area for the Canadian Tire and Old Save On location. It would connect to Central Ave. Given everything that would've been named 103A Ave has been called Central Ave from 132 St to 138a St, I'm sure it would be called Central Ave as well.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 7:17 AM

ah ok, I can picture it better now. How long till the Canadian Tire goes? I wonder if they will reopen in the area, maybe a more urban format like Cambie street would work for them in the Central area.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 4:53 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
ah ok, I can picture it better now. How long till the Canadian Tire goes? I wonder if they will reopen in the area, maybe a more urban format like Cambie street would work for them in the Central area.
I'd assume so. The Canadian Tire is busy, and it's the only one in Whalley/Guildford. I'm certain it would just relocate into a new development.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2023, 11:01 PM

I only noticed yesterday but all the trees around and on the site have been removed.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 6:41 PM

2023, Apr 22

They might be prepping for phase 2

Untitled by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

Untitled by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 8:27 PM

Thanks for all thr updates!

I'm not sure if they're actively prepping the site right now, but they do seem to be getting things in order. I walked by about 1.5 months ago and they were clearing the site and it looked like they were doing some infrastructure work in the city ROW, but it's been sitting like this since then, haven't seen too much else going on.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2023, 2:15 PM

Canadian Tire closed for good yesterday.

https://old.reddit.com/r/SurreyBC/co..._for_good_and/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley