HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Enjoying these views while they last, Phase II is going to make 30 HY disappear.

Also, at that boat.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2018, 5:35 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
Enjoying these views while they last, Phase II is going to make 30 HY disappear.

Also, at that boat.
Woah nice catch! I never noticed the boat

Old Posted Nov 22, 2018, 4:16 PM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

Artificial reef?

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 1:43 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 4:39 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post

Also, at that boat.
Depends on how high they'll be.

Not the worst thing though. More skyscrapers! Hopefully big enough to hide even a few 1000-1300 foot buildings behind them.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post

Not the worst thing though. More skyscrapers! Hopefully big enough to hide even a few 1000-1300 foot buildings behind them.
The West Tower is the only one that may exceed 1,000 ft... the scales I've seen indicate 400-500 ft to maybe 800-900 for the six or so residential towers planned so no way that there will be so significant a cluster as to virtually block out 30 Hudson.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2018, 9:53 AM

Quote:

I agree! I think the second phase of Hudson Yards will only enhance the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
The West Tower is the only one that may exceed 1,000 ft... the scales I've seen indicate 400-500 ft to maybe 800-900 for the six or so residential towers planned so no way that there will be so significant a cluster as to virtually block out 30 Hudson.
Right now the base of 30 HY is visible, a cluster of 3 800 to 900 foot towers will only leave the top 300 feet of 30 HY visible, meaning that they will block more than two thirds of it, pretty significant in my opinion. The 1000ft tower is also going to be a fat one, comparable to 50 HY, blocking 30 HY even further.
Quote:

url]http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/the-story[/url]

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 12:16 AM
A.F.K.A. JayPro

As it seems that no architect has been as yet chosen for any specific tower, the only hope I have right now that what I'm seeing are massing models remains intact.

Otherwise, I'm looking at a Phase II as a hypermagnificent clusterfuck right now from a strictly architectural standpoint (my emphasis).

An extremely basic demonstration of how to create symmetry on a blueprint does me no good.

Apropos of that, why is the plectrum-lookalike resi plot at lower left so different?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 3:18 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 5:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 26, 2018, 7:31 PM

Interesting how the Shed and the Vessel are easy to spot amongst the HY skyscrapers in this beautiful morning shot.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 4:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
There are no established heights yet. Whatever you've seen isn't a literal representation of Phase II.

The scale of Phase II is roughly the same as Phase I. How the air rights are distributed is yet to be revealed.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 3:33 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
There are no established heights yet. Whatever you've seen isn't a literal representation of Phase II.

The scale of Phase II is roughly the same as Phase I. How the air rights are distributed is yet to be revealed.
Right, I'm excited for what's in store because I don't think we know what it'll actually look like. Those were probably just placeholders.

Are 3 Hudson Boulevard and the Spiral technically part of Hudson Yards?

The scale of this development is already insane, hopefully some developer will want a taller signature tower and go ~450 meters or something

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 5:06 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Phase II for the most part is set, all but the designs. Architects have been hired, so it's possible some designs have been complete. But we know from watching phase 1 that designs change very frequently.

https://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/d...-western-yard/

Quote:
Phase 2 of development at Hudson Yards is the Western Yard, occupying the area from 11th to 12th Avenues between West 30th and West 33rd Streets. Upon completion, the Western Yard will include approximately 6,220,000 square feet, incorporating several residential towers, an office complex and a school serving K-8th grade students.

OFFICE: 2,000,000 SF
RESIDENTIAL: 4,000,000 SF
RETAIL: 100,000 SF
SCHOOL: 120,000 SF

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 5:20 AM
New Yorker for life

A little older pic. What we see here is a new skyline, elevated above the old one.

Easyknight

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 3:36 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Phase II for the most part is set, all but the designs. Architects have been hired, so it's possible some designs have been complete. But we know from watching phase 1 that designs change very frequently.

Quote:
Phase 2 of development at Hudson Yards is the Western Yard, occupying the area from 11th to 12th Avenues between West 30th and West 33rd Streets. Upon completion, the Western Yard will include approximately 6,220,000 square feet, incorporating several residential towers, an office complex and a school serving K-8th grade students.

OFFICE: 2,000,000 SF
RESIDENTIAL: 4,000,000 SF
RETAIL: 100,000 SF
SCHOOL: 120,000 SF
Oh okay. So it won't be as big as phase I then, and may not have a supertall building. When you say 'set' does that include air rights?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 5:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Oh okay. So it won't be as big as phase I then, and may not have a supertall building. When you say 'set' does that include air rights?
The office tower itself will also be mixed use. The air rights come from the railyards.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 1:34 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
The office tower itself will also be mixed use. The air rights come from the railyards.
Mixed use sounds like the potential for a really tall building.

What are the odds of something higher than 30HY here?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2018, 2:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Mixed use sounds like the potential for a really tall building.

What are the odds of something higher than 30HY here?
Not great.

Related was ready and willing to give us these beauties before changing course to give us their signature Hudson Yards towers.

Stephen Ross will live at the top of 35 Hudson Yards. A mixed use (office/residential tower) of the size they are planning with the office tower wouldn't appeal as much to the super luxury condo buyers you would find in more simply upscale residential towers.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive