HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 20, 2022, 5:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Uni signage has been installed at Tannery Place South. It looks like they are putting a rush on to complete interior renovations for this branch. Opening in early November probably???

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 4:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Uni at Tannery Place South is now open (I saw somebody using their guichet automatique today).

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Uni at Tannery Place South is now open (I saw somebody using their guichet automatique today).
Is the St. George Street location now closed?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2022, 6:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Is the St. George Street location now closed?
Don't know. If it isn't closed yet, it soon will be.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 9:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's a fresh perspective on the proposed Junction Hall in the Junction Urban Village:

Source: https://www.smycorp.com/assets/westm...pments-moncton

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 11:11 PM

Will there be any residential units in this building?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 11:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Will there be any residential units in this building?
No

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 7:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I have it on good authority that the next phase of the Junction Urban Village will be a 10 storey mixed use residential/commercial building on the SW corner of Main & Vaughan Harvey, extending as far westwards as Stewart Street.

I have been aware of this next phase for quite a few months now, but have been sworn to secrecy. I have been told that since necessary property acquisition has now been completed, I am free to announce this.

Construction may commence quickly, perhaps as soon as immediately after the completion of Tannery Place North (which means probably this fall).

So, the victory of the tomato people next door (reducing the size of 1333 Main to six floors from ten) is only partial. There will be a 10 storey building across the street anyway.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 7:17 PM

Quote:
I have it on good authority that the next phase of the Junction Urban Village will be a 10 storey mixed use residential/commercial building on the SW corner of Main & Vaughan Harvey, extending as far westwards as Stewart Street.

I have been aware of this next phase for quite a few months now, but have been sworn to secrecy. I have been told that since necessary property acquisition has now been completed, I am free to announce this.

Construction may commence quickly, perhaps as soon as immediately after the completion of Tannery Place North (which means probably this fall).

So, the victory of the tomato people next door (reducing the size of 1333 Main to six floors from ten) is only partial. There will be a 10 storey building across the street anyway.
So does this mean the rummored hotel on this poroperty is off the table?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2023, 7:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
So does this mean the rummored hotel on this poroperty is off the table?
I don't know for sure, but it would seem so.

There could still be a spot for the rumoured Home 2 Suites by Hilton on the SW corner of Vaugan Harvey & Ivan Rand. This is where the "Junction Hall" is slated now, but this is initially where the hotel was supposed to go. Things are always in flux until the shovels hit the ground..........

Old Posted Feb 26, 2023, 1:18 AM

Last edited by Monctoncore; Feb 26, 2023 at 1:48 AM.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 7:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
So does this mean the rumoured hotel on this property is off the table?
Let's go for a more detailed examination of this question:

The developers have purchased more property along Main Street and Stewart Street to expand the scope of this development.

The area circled in red has absolutely been purchased, and is now part of the Junction Urban Village. They also want the area outlined in blue, but I am not 100% certain they have been able to secure these two lots. The Property Assessment online portal does not show any recent sales, but they often are a few months late in updating their data. My source seems satisfied that The developers are willing to proceed in any event and are planning a 10 storey residential building.

Even with only the red lots secured, this effectively doubles the size of the land along West Main Street available for development. Does this mean they could put up both an apartment tower and a hotel here? Perhaps, but it would be tight.

Another possibility would be to bring the hotel back to the corner of Vaughan Harvey and Ivan Rand, where it had been planned in the first place. The Junction Hall is supposed to be a commercial office building, and with the dismal vacancy rate downtown for commercial space, it is entirely possible they might kick the Junction Hall to the curb in favour of the Home 2 Suites by Hilton.

A third possibility would be to keep the Junction Hall, and relocate the Home 2 Suites to the proposed apartment building next door, adjacent to the downtown GoodLife building. You could even do something like this with a common podium, especially with the proposed restaurant on the ground floor of the Junction Hall (easy access for hotel guests to get to the restaurant without going outside).

There are many possible configurations.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 10:06 PM

With tannery place North almost finished is there any businesses confirmed yet?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 3:46 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy321 View Post
With tannery place North almost finished is there any businesses confirmed yet?
I have heard of one rumoured tenant, but it might be going into the last CRU in Tannery Place South. I am not at liberty to say who it is.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 1:36 PM

Quote:
I have heard of one rumoured tenant, but it might be going into the last CRU in Tannery Place South. I am not at liberty to say who it is.
I wonder how a Starbucks of Second Cup would do at this location?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 1:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
I wonder how a Starbucks of Second Cup would do at this location?
As the local residential population expands, I could see a coffee shop doing very well.

This development however is becoming increasingly high density, and I can see parking for non residential customers for the commercial tenants at the Junction becoming increasingly problematic.

But, we are trying to create a "walkable city" however.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 2:04 PM

Re: parking, do the Tannery Place developers own this weird little remnant lot in front of the GoodLife? https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06385628

As well, does CN have any known plan or use for the land east of Jonathan Creek and north of the tracks?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 2:15 PM

Quote:
As the local residential population expands, I could see a coffee shop doing very well.

This development however is becoming increasingly high density, and I can see parking for non residential customers for the commercial tenants at the Junction becoming increasingly problematic.

But, we are trying to create a "walkable city" however.
Well if we get a 10 storey building across Main Street as John Wishart has called for, plus another 10 storey building in the Junction development, that would be a lot more potential customers. What would really have a positive impact on a coffee shop would be a new hotel in the Junction!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 2:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
Re: parking, do the Tannery Place developers own this weird little remnant lot in front of the GoodLife? https://paol-efel.snb.ca/paol.html?v...n&pan=06385628

As well, does CN have any known plan or use for the land east of Jonathan Creek and north of the tracks?
Not sure about that little bit of land you are referring to, but the problem with tight parking has more to do with the northern part of the development around Tannery Place North & South.

Things were fine with only Tannery Place South, but Tannery Place North will come on line this year, effectively doubling the number of potential commercial tenants, and, on top of this we will likely see the start of construction on a new 10 storey residential/commercial building facing Main Street by this fall.

As for the lands north of the CNR tracks. Ivan Rand Drive will be extended to West Main Street sometime in the future (there is already a western stub off of West Main next to the Rallye Chrysler dealership also called "Ivan Rand". It is presumed there will be residential apartment construction all along the connecting section of Ivan Rand (perhaps under the Junction banner).

Old Posted Apr 7, 2023, 4:36 PM

I drove by tannery place today and saw a sign where the junction hall will be built there was a sign and it showed all the business but there were three spots blank out as coming soon

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces