HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 6:12 AM

I really like the new Stadium....good reason for a road trip. Congrats

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 2:51 PM
http://www.archiseek.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK STAR View Post
I really like the new Stadium....good reason for a road trip. Congrats

just got notification of a sale at old stadium - everything not being moved can be bought - looking for my section of bench for hallway or rear deck

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 3:02 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
It's an outdoor stadium.. I don't see how that's even possible, but if it is, we'll find out.
This came from someone at TNSE.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 3:41 PM
the first stamp is free

^It's probably regarding the ability of trucks being able to pull directly into the stadium?

The old stadium was wide open, and at grade level, while the new stadium is a bowl with the field several feet below grade.

I could see how it would be more difficult to unload semi trailers at the new stadium.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 4:01 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Taylor Swift has been confirmed to play in the stadium. That is a huge act, probably the first test of the structure's acoustics.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
^It's probably regarding the ability of trucks being able to pull directly into the stadium?

The old stadium was wide open, and at grade level, while the new stadium is a bowl with the field several feet below grade.

I could see how it would be more difficult to unload semi trailers at the new stadium.
This doesn't sound like an unsolvable problem. Dare we trust the operators-to-be come up with a solution or two that will improve the situation? I'm sure there's a good one or two out there to be had.

Things are looking good at the stadium, but its hard to guess when its actually going to be finished. I expect they'll have to finish landscaping next spring? We're at the mercy of our first lasting snowfall now (which could anywhere from a few days to a few weeks away.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 10:22 PM

MTS Center is below grade as well and the semi's for touring shows access it via a ramp off of Carlton St. that goes under Tavern United and Hargrave St.

Don't know the site plans for the stadium that well, but I think a service entrance with a ramp should be part of the package that was built as it was known that touring shows could be playing in it.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 2:34 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
This came from someone at TNSE.
The competition

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 5:18 AM

Re: the possible inadequate field access rumour, I believe this may be in reference not to semi trucks, but rather to people. Apparently, current building plans do not allow for "x" amount of people to move through "y" amount of field entry/exit points in whatever time frame is required for emergency evacuation codes to be satisfied.

...hearsay of course

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 1:27 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
MTS Center is below grade as well and the semi's for touring shows access it via a ramp off of Carlton St. that goes under Tavern United and Hargrave St.

Don't know the site plans for the stadium that well, but I think a service entrance with a ramp should be part of the package that was built as it was known that touring shows could be playing in it.
There is a large field access ramp built into the stands on the North-west side of the stadium at the corner of the endzone. When i was there it looked pretty big to me. I don't see where there will be any issues. I believe they are currently using it for field access.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 5:05 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
There is a large field access ramp built into the stands on the North-west side of the stadium at the corner of the endzone. When i was there it looked pretty big to me. I don't see where there will be any issues. I believe they are currently using it for field access.
Height perhaps? It would have to be the height of a van trailer at least. The MTS Centre has a section of seats that moves out of the way for that purpose.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 6:17 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Height perhaps? It would have to be the height of a van trailer at least. The MTS Centre has a section of seats that moves out of the way for that purpose.
I'm not sure. I know everything involving the Bombers has been a complete disaster this year but i would have a hard time believing that they wouldn't design the entrance for tractor trailer access to be adequate. Much like building a bridge you build larger than the largest trailer and calculate the appropriate approach angles. If someone screwed up on that they shouldn't be designing anything let alone a $200 million stadium.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 7:27 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatesquirrels View Post
Re: the possible inadequate field access rumour, I believe this may be in reference not to semi trucks, but rather to people. Apparently, current building plans do not allow for "x" amount of people to move through "y" amount of field entry/exit points in whatever time frame is required for emergency evacuation codes to be satisfied.

...hearsay of course
OK, this was it! It was not in regard to semi trucks (damn drunken memory). It was in regard to emergency egress as in there is not enough area to get everyone out quickly in case of an emergency as there is only one small tunnel. Thus the field capacity for seating would only be about a third of what a field of that size would normally hold for stadium shows.

Thank you Squirrel.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2012, 8:15 PM

Igf

Starting to look almost finished. Wow!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2012, 4:49 PM

Breaking NEWS the Investors Group Field Construction Webcam is back on!
http://www.bluebombers.com/page/construction-webcam

Old Posted Nov 26, 2012, 5:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones2451 View Post
Starting to look almost finished. Wow!
Still a lot of work to do, heck there still pouring cement for the seating. How Botch-ko thought the team could have played in there back in July (July 26) boggles the mind.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2012, 5:55 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Still a lot of work to do, heck there still pouring cement for the seating. How Botch-ko thought the team could have played in there back in July (July 26) boggles the mind.
I was at Touchdown Manitoba on Friday night, Botchko took to the stage to make some announcement and he couldn't be heard over the boos. It continued until he left the stage!

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 9:23 AM
BANNED

Seeing a video of the would make my day...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 7:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
Seeing a video of the would make my day...
Nice to see you back Jets, what were you incarcerated?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2012, 7:23 PM

There is signage up on the southwest side 'Investors Group Field'
But in all, the site still gives the impression of lots of finishing work to do.
Just hammers home the fact there was no way in h#$@ they were EVER going to have that place ready for last season.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan