HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 2:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Indoor Beach Volleyball. Sounds like an oxymoron.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 2:45 PM
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post

Honestly, wouldn't be shocked if the Land Line buses in Waterloo and Hamilton see high use that they expand that to London and drop flights altogether.
Would really prefer a rail connection for a distance like this. For Waterloo and Hamilton shuttle service seems fine, but for London we need something more. Obviously high speed rail would be the best but that is a pipe dream.

But if there are so many gate / congestion issues at Pearson, we really need to take a look at utilizing airport capacity elsewhere. I don't think there's any plans to build new expansions at Pearson as far as I know- would need the Pickering Airport for that which may come in a few decades for all we know.

As London continues to grow, it should help with our leverage to attract flights, at least on paper.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Indoor Beach Volleyball. Sounds like an oxymoron.
I'm sure the people using it (like Spikes before) will put up with oxymorons for the 8 months a year they aren't able to do this outside.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Progress on the indoor beach volleyball building at the northwest corner of Crumlin and Robin's Hill Roads.

We are the ones throwing up the building, I can see myself on the lift lol but this buildings exterior should be done by August,

Old Posted Aug 14, 2024, 3:27 AM

I don’t understand why Hamilton hasn’t been designated the official 2nd airport for GTHA? London folks can get there in just over 1 hour!

Old Posted Aug 14, 2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaner View Post
I don’t understand why Hamilton hasn’t been designated the official 2nd airport for GTHA? London folks can get there in just over 1 hour!
I just don't think Toronto is that bad yet that people would prefer going to Hamilton instead. Every time some airline tries to make a go of decent service there, they realize that Pearson is the place to be. Plus I think where it's located doesn't help. It's on the west side of the GTA, like Pearson is. Mississauga people aren't going to choose Hamilton over Pearson. Get out to Oakville and Burlington, it's kind of a toss up, so might as well choose Pearson for selection. If Toronto's international airport had originally been on the east side of town (let's say, near Pickering lol), then I think Hamilton would he a happening place. But given that Pearson is closer to the vast majority of GTA population than Hamilton, I don't think it will ever be the large scale alternative.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 5:59 PM
The Vomit Bag.

London should be a better destination airport than Hamilton; the latter is just too close to Pearson. We are not, and we are the centre of a population catchment area of about 2 million that is growing. Despite this (and the expansion of the passenger terminal), YXU seems to be a shadow of what it used to be, in terms of routes. Almost every remaining route is to/from Toronto.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure