HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 5:23 PM

Wow, that's surprising if the Elks do lose the antlers. Mistake IMO, they should stick with it for a while to cement the new brand. And aside from that, at least it was interesting. EE is pretty boring as a logo (no offence, I'm sure the fans are attached to the history etc)

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 5:37 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Burris is the QB coach with the Chicago Bears, doubt if he'll have time to be on a panel.

I've hardly watch any sports panel for years TBH.
I totally forgot about that.

I only watched sporadically last season, no cable now but I subscribed to TSN to catch Ticat away games. I just remember him being on the panel occasionally.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 5:40 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
EE is pretty boring as a logo (no offence, I'm sure the fans are attached to the history etc)
I prefer logos and images over letters. Or team initials incorporated into a logo.

Hopefully Montreal doesn't change their helmets. I think they are fantastic and really unique.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Burris is the QB coach with the Chicago Bears, doubt if he'll have time to be on a panel.

I've hardly watch any sports panel for years TBH.
Yeah, I usually PVR games I want to see and I start watching late so I can skip the ads and claptrap. Cuts close to an hour out of a typical football or hockey game.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
I thought he often made good observations and points.

Some of the others tend to spend too much time whooping it up for my liking. Dunigan and Stegall are the worst for that (and Matt, for all his knowledge, is often hard to understand just because of the way he talks). Sanchez usually has good things to say but he's still not adept at articulating them in a polished manner (and it does take time to learn how to do that), and while Beirness has done a decent job taking over for Rod Smith, I preferred him as the host.

I liked Benevides too for his perspective when he was on the panel, though he was poor as a TV personality. Barker offered the same IMO but was better expressing it.
I agree completely. Barker was very good in my opinion because he brought a certain maturity to the panel, which is always needed (especially when the panel is all ex-players). I agree also that Burris was good -- he's articulate and speaks with fluidity which is rare among the panelists.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Yeah, I usually PVR games I want to see and I start watching late so I can skip the ads and claptrap. Cuts close to an hour out of a typical football or hockey game.
I do that as well.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Hopefully Montreal doesn't change their helmets. I think they are fantastic and really unique.
Which one, I'm probably in the minority but I liked the retro red wing with the white uniforms. As per Edmonton, I guess a lot of fans really wanted the Double E back. I don't think the antlers will disappear, teams are always looking for historic and timely uniforms.

I loved the idea of the Lions native logo, and also thought they should also have one for the Asian and East Indian communities. Maybe a dragon motif inside the Lion for the Asian logo (if that isn't stereotyping)

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 8:44 PM

^^^ The Canucks already did an Asian, east Indian, and even Black History Month jersey this year so maybe the Lions won't but would be cool.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
^^^ The Canucks already did an Asian, east Indian, and even Black History Month jersey this year so maybe the Lions won't but would be cool.
Ok, (dusting off my old college marketing diploma) how about a Terry Fox Lions logo with the accompanying celebratory day, to rekindle interest in the TF runs and fundraising. I think you could reintroduce him to young people, his appeal is universal.

I was just watching one of those Youtube reaction videos and the song was St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) and in the comments they talked about Rick Hansen and Terry Fox. Let me tell you the emotion is still there

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 9:47 PM

Well that could work and there is a TF statue (4 of them) right outside BC Place.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Well that could work and there is a TF statue (4 of them) right outside BC Place.
I still can't watch anything on him without bawling, true nuf

Old Posted Mar 5, 2022, 4:27 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
Which one, I'm probably in the minority but I liked the retro red wing with the white uniforms. As per Edmonton, I guess a lot of fans really wanted the Double E back. I don't think the antlers will disappear, teams are always looking for historic and timely uniforms.
It's very hard to change a team's identity while preserving its history, at least for logos.

I like Montreal's retro look too. But I meant the newest helmet designs, the dark blue with the red bird outline on top.

Source

And from the same site, the one you were referring to (but with the 2018 uniform)

Old Posted Mar 5, 2022, 5:16 PM

I knew you didn't mean the one I liked, I had totally forgotten about what the new design looked like. I like the new one better than the angry bird or whatever they call it. I think a helmet logo shouldn't be too complicated ie easy to draw

I don't think most other teams have gone through all the logos Montreal has (Toronto?). I wonder what that says about them.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2022, 12:40 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 9:10 PM

3downnation and Arash Madani reporting the leagues new equity partner genius sports is pushing ambrosie and the board of govenors very hard to move to 4 down football.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
3downnation and Arash Madani reporting the leagues new equity partner genius sports is pushing ambrosie and the board of govenors very hard to move to 4 down football.
If those two sources told me the sky was blue, I'd still look out my window first before believing anything they say.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
If those two sources told me the sky was blue, I'd still look out my window first before believing anything they say.
Disbelieve one of them for sure, the other I'm still not quite sold on.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Ugh... similar to the XFL talks, this gives a pit in my stomach. Didn't click on the article, I don't want to know

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 12:55 PM

I'm now wishing I would have signed up for Randy's Road Show stop in Regina today. I would have asked him what the heck is going on here. The people in Canada who look down their nose at the CFL are not going to become rabid fans if the CFL becomes American Football Lite. All the things he and the BOG has tried since they kicked out the last guy have fallen flat on their faces. It seems the League is just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. But what they're throwing will still be shit once it dries.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2022, 1:27 PM
Ham-burgher

Slope meet slipperiness.

Next would probably be the rouge, because bettors cannot handle that variable with ease. Then the ratio.

Take a stand, Randy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada