HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Dec 6, 2011, 2:12 AM

Its gonna be a nice stadium for $190 mil! I have to give credit to Winnipeg.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2011, 4:48 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I think it would look a lot cleaner if they were just straight - curved canopies. Not those wavy things planned.......if that makes any sense.
totally.....the wavy roof is so ray wanderful....could have been so elegant.

that roof is corrugated tin....its gonna look cheap as all hell.

maybe he was intentionally trying to look like he wasnt copying the stadium roof in athens.

http://www.heinz5700.com/athens2004/ath014.jpg

Old Posted Dec 6, 2011, 4:51 AM
surely you agree with me

there are going to be a lot of people complaining about having to sit in the end zones when it comes time to actually pick seats and they realize that there are substantially fewer seats between the lines......sitting in the end zone is a social stigma in winnipeg and this design has a whole lot more end zone seats.

i have talked to a lot of people who sit in my section (S)...and they all say no way are they sitting in the end zone...the only option is to double the price of your ticket price if you you want sit in the same area on the field...if you can even get seats there.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jabroni View Post
Great video!!

One of the commenters pointed out that "Ti-Cats" may have been written on one of the stepped steel supports in the video. Upon closer observation, it did.

Since these guys are from Hamilton, I guess they wanted to have a little "fun."

It kind of makes you think about who is building our new stadium, and HOW they're building it.
I have it on good authority that the grafitti (Ti-Cats) has been removed from the steel supports in the east upper deck. Is a great video though. Guys just having some fun I guess.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 11:44 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swet View Post
I have it on good authority that the grafitti (Ti-Cats) has been removed from the steel supports in the east upper deck. Is a great video though. Guys just having some fun I guess.
I take that you are somewhat involve with this project. At least this has been addressed.

You guys are doing a good job by the way.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 1:55 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
there are going to be a lot of people complaining about having to sit in the end zones when it comes time to actually pick seats and they realize that there are substantially fewer seats between the lines......sitting in the end zone is a social stigma in winnipeg and this design has a whole lot more end zone seats.

i have talked to a lot of people who sit in my section (S)...and they all say no way are they sitting in the end zone...the only option is to double the price of your ticket price if you you want sit in the same area on the field...if you can even get seats there.
I don't know why sitting in the endzones should be considered such a stigma. There are 6,500 or so people who sit in the endzones of NDSU football games every Saturday, and those people don't seem to mind it. A lot of people prefer the endzone seats at the Fargodome for example, because they can see the action go away and near them.

Maybe it has to do with the 20-yard Canadian endzones. Maybe the CFL should usk the endzone depth down to 15 yards for a better fan experience.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 6:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyBoy View Post
I don't know why sitting in the endzones should be considered such a stigma. There are 6,500 or so people who sit in the endzones of NDSU football games every Saturday, and those people don't seem to mind it. A lot of people prefer the endzone seats at the Fargodome for example, because they can see the action go away and near them.

Maybe it has to do with the 20-yard Canadian endzones. Maybe the CFL should usk the endzone depth down to 15 yards for a better fan experience.
Not too sure that there's a stigma to sit in the end zone, other than the fact that they're the cheapest seats - I think it has more to do with the view. I've had season tickets in the end zone for years, and my group loves it. Feels more rowdy and loud on those old benches (other than section S). The problem with the endzones in the new stadium is that they aren't raised like the old endzone - it's too low to the field, which is going to make for bad angles to view the game from (due to depth). If you're in row 5 in the new endzone, you won't be able to tell if a guy ran for 5 yards or 20 yards. As it is, in the endzone now, sometimes you can only tell it's a first down because of the cheers of the East/West stands...

Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 6:51 PM
ABOVE people like you

Field a 2 Month Process

Our firm did the grass field replacement to Field Turf just prior to this past season. It takes 2 months to do a proper job. So ther eyou have it, you need 8 weeks for a full and proper field turf installation, this includes all the required underground drainage and compacted ash base, Field Turf stitched together, etc.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 7:29 PM
the first stamp is free

^ I honestly think at the very least the pre-season games of the 2012 season will still be played at CanadInns Stadium.

I have heard rumblings that this project is behind schedule, and two months to install turf over (what should be) frost free clay, means the field will be ready in July at the earliest...

Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
^ I honestly think at the very least the pre-season games of the 2012 season will still be played at CanadInns Stadium.

I have heard rumblings that this project is behind schedule, and two months to install turf over (what should be) frost free clay, means the field will be ready in July at the earliest...
Instead of having a preseason game at CanadInns perhaps they'd just have two away preseason games, or have one in Brandon or something.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2011, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
Instead of having a preseason game at CanadInns perhaps they'd just have two away preseason games, or have one in Brandon or something.
or trade it with hamiltons 2013 game

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 12:05 AM
BANNED

How is the new Stadium coming along. Not sure if this has been answered, but is there any website that shows a live cam of the construction?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 1:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
How is the new Stadium coming along. Not sure if this has been answered, but is there any website that shows a live cam of the construction?
Here ya go amigo.
http://www.bluebombers.com/page/construction-webcam

Old Posted Dec 12, 2011, 2:40 PM

I am certainly no expert but man, if that webcam is live, I can't see how the new stadium will be anywhere near completion in 6 months. Here's to hoping for a mild winter for you guys.

I agree with some posters that sitting in the endzone is certainly not ideal. I have season tix for the riders on the 40 but once a year, I buy a couple tickets and sit in the endzone with my son. It's big on fun but you can't see sh!t. Mind you, you guys are gonna have some pretty big replay screens so there shouldn't be any issues.

Good luck with your classy new digs!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 12:42 PM

The Blue Bombers have called a news conference today (Wednesday 12:30pm), it is believed to be related for the naming rights of the new stadium.

Any guesses?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 3:38 PM

pleeeeeeeeeeease not Canad!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor204 View Post
The Blue Bombers have called a news conference today (Wednesday 12:30pm), it is believed to be related for the naming rights of the new stadium.

Any guesses?
Well, how about Nutty Club or Old Dutch?

Seriously, congrats on getting a new stadium. I hear it is going to be great!

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor204 View Post
Any guesses?
Hooters?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 5:33 PM

Corus Field?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 5:50 PM

naming rights to Bomber stadium

Well......Banks seem to all be reporting huge profits again this year so......

Scotia...
RBC.....
TD.......
CIBC.......
Royal..........

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan