HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 4:23 AM

15 new construction building permits were issued to build 15 new SFH on the former site of William H King Elementary School on the 2500 block of W Lexington in Tri Taylor. That school was torn down a few years ago.

This is right behind the 15 SFH already built on the same block of 2500 W Polk within the last few years.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 1:52 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
15 new construction building permits were issued to build 15 new SFH on the former site of William H King Elementary School on the 2500 block of W Lexington in Tri Taylor. That school was torn down a few years ago.

This is right behind the 15 SFH already built on the same block of 2500 W Polk within the last few years.
Nice. I’m rooting for Tri-Taylor

Some years ago I saw some potential investment property there but decided against pursuing it. It’s got good bones and is starting to rise again. It was building up before the 2009 recession but sort of remained “frozen in place” for many years after that. It seems to have fully “thawed” from that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 2:56 PM

318 N Carpenter

Oct 14

Old Posted Oct 23, 2021, 11:45 PM

942 W Randolph

Oct 14

Old Posted Oct 24, 2021, 1:37 AM

6 courneres - or 6 points

Oct 16

Old Posted Oct 24, 2021, 8:43 PM

2801-07 S Halsted St aka "Parkview on Halsted." in Bridgeport. 30 new construction condos starting at $159K for 1 bed/1 bath and $329K for 2-3 bed/2 bath. This is currently vacant land and close to a few other newer developments from similar developers. I think this building will probably have a ground floor commercial/retail component. This has been vacant for awhile and I believe this has been planned for years. Looks like they're finally trying to get it off the ground and sell units.

Street view: https://www.google.com/maps/place/28...3!4d-87.646033

Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 3:23 PM

bar avec (which is a outdoor rooftop bar in river north) has pretty nice expansive views of the river north skyline

go for a $15 cocktail and take in the views!

this location was formerly known as Pacific Standard Time

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:16 PM

Ald. Hopkins is requesting to upzone 1535 N. Dayton to C3-5. This should allow the Menomonee Club redevelopment to move forward. Proposed back in 2018 for a 197 unit midrise and a new building for the Menomonee Club

DPD Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChicagoDPD/statu...53902960775169
Zoning change: https://chicago.legistar.com/Legisla...vanced&Search=

Last edited by Randomguy34; Oct 27, 2021 at 5:52 PM. Reason: updated renderings

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 12:55 AM

927 (?) W Fulton

Anyone know what project this is or it's address ?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Lol, what a joke.

An ice cream stand is not TOD.

"Placemaking" is not TOD.

So this is how Rosa is funding his "Latino plaza"? And we are going to call spending money on landscaping with a Central American geometric design in the pavers "TOD"? We are supposed to pretend that pavers and bushes are going to make Chicago more equitable? Talk about virtue signaling. The 35th Ward is bleeding residents, the only Ward on the North side losing population at anywhere near that rate, and fucking Carlos is over here planting flowers and calling it Transit Oriented Development.

Yeah I'm sure the hundreds of families being thrown of two flats will suddenly be able to afford to buy their buildings because you made a "Latinx themed plaza". Hold my beer, I'm going to make a North Pole themed Christmas display this year to stop global warming and save the polar bears.

What an insufferable idiot.
Man, misinformation really spreads like wildfire on this forum. If anyone bothered to read the article, the grants in question are microgrants up to $20,000 each. The grant in question for Logan Square is for the new Emmett Street Apartments eTOD (probably the best example of eTOD in Chicago to date) not for the plaza near by, La Placita, which I’m very much looking forward to becoming one of the new great public spaces in Chicago.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/10...-to-blue-line/

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 4:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCL View Post
Man, misinformation really spreads like wildfire on this forum. If anyone bothered to read the article, the grants in question are microgrants up to $20,000 each. The grant in question for Logan Square is for the new Emmett Street Apartments eTOD (probably the best example of eTOD in Chicago to date) not for the plaza near by, La Placita, which I’m very much looking forward to becoming one of the new great public spaces in Chicago.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/10...-to-blue-line/
Oh I'm sorry, it's for a $15,000 mural on the side of an already approved, funded (at $400k a door, a price private developers laugh at), and constructed building.

This is not TOD or equitable in any way shape or form. It's literally money that should be spent actually improving the city being funneled through Bickerdike to some artist that Rosa is pals with.

It's not TOD, it's pork.

Meanwhile NEIU can't even get a single bid for the property on Kimball and the Kennedy they took via emminant domain because it's currently a useless m1-1 zone and no one wants to deal with Rosa's impossible demands.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Oh I'm sorry, it's for a $15,000 mural on the side of an already approved, funded (at $400k a door, a price private developers laugh at), and constructed building.

This is not TOD or equitable in any way shape or form. It's literally money that should be spent actually improving the city being funneled through Bickerdike to some artist that Rosa is pals with.

It's not TOD, it's pork.

since we are talking about pork, I wonder how much of that $15,000 grant will make its way to the artist painting the mural vs. Bickerdike's management fee

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Anyone know what project this is or it's address ?

That's 917 fulton market

Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
since we are talking about pork, I wonder how much of that $15,000 grant will make its way to the artist painting the mural vs. Bickerdike's management fee
Well there's $13k worth of "paint" to be acquired and it will cost them $1k to pick it up from Sherwin Williams, so I'm guessing $1k max.

BTW, for those who haven't followed this, Bickerdike has already been caught running a kickback scam through private, for profit, GC firms owned by family members of Bickerdike executives. Literally they get all sorts of state and federal grant funding for non profits and then pay massively inflated prices to businesses owned by friends and family. They are known for their corruption.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Oct 30, 2021, 11:24 PM

Former 2 story office building at 818 N Wolcott (just north of Chicago Ave) is being converted into 20 residential units:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/81...!4d-87.6749323

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 10:21 PM
Chicago

Evo Union Park - 1454 W Randolph

October 26, 2021

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 10:25 PM
Chicago

“BREEZY” by Jas Petersen : Christensen & Olsen Foundry Co. Building - 218 N Racine

August 30, 2021

I didn't realize it when I took the picture, but I believe that is Jas Petersen by the car on the left.

October 26, 2021

JAS Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUBo3_GqxsD/

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 10:39 PM
Chicago

Plumbers Union (UA) Local 130 Parking Garage - 1371 W Randolph

October 26, 2021

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
October 26, 2021

[/IMG]
I've got to say, these high rises that have gone up and frame Union park have transformed the way the park looks. From the west, it's framed in now and looks like an urban park and no longer like it's just a big field.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarWind View Post
Nice mural. Odd that the Sears Tower is repeated on either side of the central figure--lots of other buildings to choose from to give a sense of the variety of Chicago architecture...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development