HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 2:58 AM

Hey Guys,
Thought I would jump in here. Don’t post much here as you know. Number of units is 1000, height of the buildings at this point is TBD according to the PR firm that handled the release.

Even though the NBJ reported the hotel was gone, that was not the case according to the PR lady. At this point in time the hotel portion is not dead.

Construction to start early 2022. More information to be released later in the summer regarding other aspects of the Yards. My best guess is that will have to do with the large apartment tower next to the Hyatt and the office tower on Church.

Over the next 16 months, stand by for a whole lot of tower cranes, best case over 20 in this area. It depends on who gets started with what and if everything gets built. Some of these projects will take more than one crane.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 1:08 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Hey Guys,
Thought I would jump in here. Don’t post much here as you know. Number of units is 1000, height of the buildings at this point is TBD according to the PR firm that handled the release.

Even though the NBJ reported the hotel was gone, that was not the case according to the PR lady. At this point in time the hotel portion is not dead.

Construction to start early 2022. More information to be released later in the summer regarding other aspects of the Yards. My best guess is that will have to do with the large apartment tower next to the Hyatt and the office tower on Church.

Over the next 16 months, stand by for a whole lot of tower cranes, best case over 20 in this area. It depends on who gets started with what and if everything gets built. Some of these projects will take more than one crane.
Thanks for that additional information. I'm hoping that another hotel will come into play. I'd like to see a Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Nashville. And, while the MGM component might be dead, they do have a brand called the Aria that I think would also fit right into Nashville Yards. Absolutely loved the one in Vegas. MGM built a development on the Vegas strip that is called the CityCenter that includes the Aria and what was a Mandarin Oriental, but it is now a Waldorf. The complex is really nice.

So, I'm going to do what I did on Urban Planet and wish out loud... Nashville Yards would be an excellent location for 3 tall and skinny residential buildings staggered at 50, 65 and 80 stories. Come on AEG, get it done.... Blow Nashville's skyline up, up and up!!!!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 2:19 PM

Has there been any movement on transit ? Whatever happened to the $1.6 billion plan announced last October ?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Has there been any movement on transit ? Whatever happened to the $1.6 billion plan announced last October ?
The city has adopted it and started implementation of parts of it. The plan relies on quite a bit of state/federal funding/grants, so it will be a while before we see real meaningful progress here.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownNashville View Post
The city has adopted it and started implementation of parts of it. The plan relies on quite a bit of state/federal funding/grants, so it will be a while before we see real meaningful progress here.
Thanks, sounds like there is at least some modest leverage. And seems like the continued explosive growth, in the CBD, will provide for some impetus.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2021, 9:36 PM
Nashville born and raised

Deleted;

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2021, 9:42 PM

Amazing revision for this project! I really hope it gets out of the ground in this form.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2021, 10:21 PM

Definitely prefer the new, shorter design. I mean, a new tallest for the city would be awesome during this boom, but the architecture with the previous proposal was basically a merger between the size of Broadwest with some curvature from the JW Marriott.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 12:03 AM
Future God

I'm not exactly a fan of the Le Corbusier 'towers in the park' thing going on at the base. It reminds me of countless 60's and 70's era Gold Coast residential highrises here in Chicago that face inward rather than outward toward the surrounding neighborhood. That was probably a product of community input or something though, to be fair to Peabody. That being said, I think the design of the actual towers themselves is absolutely stunning and I can't wait to see these rise.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 7:34 PM

Maybe I'm missing something with the neighborhoods issue with the height of the previous design. Does it really matter if there is a 400 foot tall building nearby versus a 600 footer? Either way you lose your view of the downtown skyline which was part of the issue. And, you still have something nearby that is substantially taller than your 1 - 10 story buildings. If the neighborhood balks at this new design, I hope the developer keeps the new look but goes back to the 600 footer.

To me it is asinine to live in the downtown core and think nothing will ever be built to block your views or impose upon your neighborhood. You're not in the typical city neighborhood when you live in the downtown core. It should not be treated like a suburban neighborhood. If you don't want something taller or broader around you, buy the property or the air rights. Better yet, move outside the downtown core.

I do like the new design because it says residential to me. And it's a break from the all glass towers. Even with it not being as tall, it will still have a prominent impact on the skyline. But damn, the 600 footer would have been even more impressive.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 8:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something with the neighborhoods issue with the height of the previous design. Does it really matter if there is a 400 foot tall building nearby versus a 600 footer? Either way you lose your view of the downtown skyline which was part of the issue. And, you still have something nearby that is substantially taller than your 1 - 10 story buildings. If the neighborhood balks at this new design, I hope the developer keeps the new look but goes back to the 600 footer.

To me it is asinine to live in the downtown core and think nothing will ever be built to block your views or impose upon your neighborhood. You're not in the typical city neighborhood when you live in the downtown core. It should not be treated like a suburban neighborhood. If you don't want something taller or broader around you, buy the property or the air rights. Better yet, move outside the downtown core.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 8:47 PM

I have not seen this resource on here yet.

https://nashvillenownext.com/

Something from the past.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=218587

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 3:22 PM

Delete

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 4:02 PM.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:33 PM

Nashville is a beautiful city! The high-rise proposals and cranes keep coming!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 8:42 PM

I was in town last weekend and took a few photos with my phone.

This appears to be a super-skinny multi-level bar:

It does have a slight "L" shape, so I assume that restrooms and mechanicals will be toward the left:

Bomb damage:

Bomb damage:

Bomb damage:

Bomb damage (that's my mountain bike, btw):

Bomb damage:

These high tension power lines still run along the riverfront...ugly:

Bikeway bridge over the Cumberland, built 2007:

Railroad bridge approach in East Nashville:

Bikeway in East Nashville, plus an I-40 traffic jam on a Sunday afternoon:

More bomb damage:

I couldn't help but notice how big the trees have gotten around Nissan Stadium...I remember when the place was brand new and there was no tree cover:

More Nissan Stadium tree cover:

West End Ave...I was disoriented when this cluster of buildings came into view since I hadn't driven it since they went up:

An East Nashville sidewalk ends abruptly, which is typical:

Soccer game at Nissan Stadium:

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 11:57 PM

Nice shots!

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 9:50 PM
Future God

Nashville is on fire!! A brand new three tower development designed by Gensler (45 story residential, 23 story hotel, 16 story residential) was just announced today that will go onto the Cumulus Radio property directly across the street from the recently announced three tower development by Peabody, shown here (Peabody on the right, Cumulus property in the foreground):

45 story residential:

23 story hotel:

16 story residential:

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 1:53 PM

Delete

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 25, 2021 at 4:02 PM.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 3:24 PM

That hotel proposal that popped out of nowhere needs to be redone. Way too much going on in those renderings, not even mentioning the fungus-like nub for a "spire."

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 12:07 PM

Trust me, a lot more on the way. Just the insider info some of you know I have. There are a lot of things just under the surface.

BTW, It appears that the large Beaman lot on West End may be under contract. Off the top of my head I can’t remember the number of acres, but it is a 10 plus acre site just west of downtown just across I 40.

There is another 3.5 acre lot in SoBro that may be under contract @ 6th & Ash/Division.

Market Street appears to be about to develop the large block between 11th, 12th, Demonbreun & Laurel. They are not being very forthcoming.

Got some others I can’t talk about!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations