HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
The alternative to using COVID vaccines with less long term testing than normal would be no vaccines, many thousands more covid deaths and greater economic harm. I'm very glad governments everywhere made the tradeoff they did.
If only there were a safe alternative. Damn, I guess we all need the vaccine then, even our children.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 2:32 AM

Canada set a new high of daily reported vaccination today at 510,910 vaccinations, first time over 500,000. In the coming weeks 500,000 will be a light day

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 2:51 AM

Some Vaccinations stats

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 3:52 AM
Registered Drug User

A celebrity is coming to town!

Quote:
'Pop-up' church organizers agree to move Stratford service

The defiant pastor from Aylmer’s controversial Church of God, whose congregation has flouted public-health rules since the beginning of the pandemic, is planning to lead a “pop-up church” in Stratford Sunday.

Henry Hildebrandt, who has been hit with thousands of dollars in fines for defying provincial restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic, was invited by local organizers with No More Lockdowns Canada, the anti-lockdown group founded by independent MPP Randy Hillier.

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.co...atford-service
England's playing Croatia at 9 am Sunday, so I won't be able to make it out for the service. Too bad.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 4:14 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodcory View Post
Alberta vaccine update as of June 10th:

68.2% of eligible population has had at least one dose
17.8% of eligible population is fully vaccinated.

Soo soo close to that 70% threshold for stage 3. So happy to see the rapid increase in second doses. I'm going to boldly predict we hit 50% fully vaccinated by the second week of July.
Love seeing these numbers. So much good.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 8:39 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

We hit 70% yesterday of eligible population vaccinated with at least one dose.

Thus far, re-opening is still on schedule. And we have some new details today.

The existing travel exemption request will be replaced with a new travel form on June 28 for travellers arriving on or after July 1. It will no longer be a request for permission to come here for an essential reason. Any “Canadian” (which in this case means anyone who is arriving in the province from anywhere in Canada, so including foreign citizens) will be able to come for any reason. They just need to complete the form in order to upload proof of vaccination. All travellers arriving from outside the country are subject to federal rules, of course, hence the weird phrasing we’re using.

The most recent rules in that regard:

Fully Vaccinated, defined as at least one week since your second dose: no testing required, no isolation required.

Partially vaccinated, defined as at least one dose but not meeting the standard above: a negative PCR test is required no more than three days before your arrival, OR you must isolate until you get a negative PCR test result here. This is the only testing standard we will accept. Rapid tests are not approved.

Unvaccinated: full 14-day isolation under existing standards (having to provide a plan of where you will isolate/how you will get supplies, agree to be monitored by public health, etc.)

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofina View Post
Link to full article, its mega long, but there is a lot of backed up research and great data links.
This article opens with the premise that the mRNA vaccines and seems to attempt to prove that statement true. So my immediate thought is the evidence presented is selective. With a quick glance I did not see a raw data-bundle of Israeli medical records provided for independent analysis.

Science (the "hard" sciences at least) use a process starting with a hypothesis, then attempting through every means possible to prove that hypothesis false. This mind-set helps prevent (though sometimes does not eliminate) bias and selective research. Peer based duplication of the experiments and release of raw-data help narrow down to a single "potential truth"; truths often get adjusted in the future as technology improves and additional facts can be gathered.

Simply put judgment on this topic needs to wait on review from someone more methodical, with field expertise (necessary to recognize bias and alternative explanations), and with access to the primary data-set; one such potential entity is the Israel Health Ministry. Thus far they've determined the risk of covid is higher than risks from the Pfizer vaccine.

Last edited by rbt; Jun 12, 2021 at 2:47 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Right.

If it comes out in 12 months that kids absolutely should not have been receiving mRNA vaccines, then is this not precisely the conversation we should be having right now, not after we vaccinate millions of kids?

I'm a little perplexed at how convinced many people are that what is objectively the least tested set of vaccines ever might have some unforeseen hiccups when administered in billions of doses. That doesn't sound like an extreme idea to hold.

Despite the risks, this may be the right route to take, but it shouldn't prevent us from having discussions like these.
There's so much speculation and so little long-term data with regards to everything COVID related.

Unfortunately, humans don't have precognition as a sense.

So, as a species, we blunder along blindly the best we can. Sometimes we do dumb things. Do we take the potential downsides of vaccines versus the known downsides of COVID spread?

Given that the media has seized upon the clotting issues with the AZ vaccine, I don't think they'd engage in a conspiracy to cover up a massive problem.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 4:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

NB is now at 74.2% first dose vaccinated (over age 12). There is a big push on to get to 75%. This is the level the government has set for the next phase of the reopening plan. Walk-in clinics are now open, and the government is sending mobile clinics around to the high schools.

Quote:
The province has set 75 per cent as the threshold to begin its path to green and the start of looser restrictions. Those include removing the "steady-15" requirement and reopening the borders to Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Amherst, N.S., and Avignon and Témiscouata, Que.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 5:03 PM

UK at nearly triple Canada daily cases now and the US is showing a slow but steady increase in there 7 day case average since June 4

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 5:03 PM

502 Cases In ON Today

-24.1K Tests Processed
-2.1% Positivity Rate
-15 Deaths

-447 In Hospital (-42)
-422 In ICU (-18)
-R Value= 0.85

-11.02 Million Doses Of Vaccines Administered (+195K)

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 5:10 PM
sick transit, gloria

Finally got to have some pints on a street front patio. Would rather be sitting at the bar but drinks on the sidewalk without a barrier does feel kinda civilized.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
UK at nearly triple Canada daily cases now and the US is showing a slow but steady increase in there 7 day case average since June 4

Yikes, not good.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
Nice try but nobody in this forum is even remotely interested in such things.
I read it. It all seems silly. Its medically illiterate garbage for the most part. What's your opinion?

Quote:
I don't even know if I am worried. I haven't dove deep enough to decide, that's this weekends reading.

I posted it for discussion hoping that someone who knows more than me on the topic has.

EDIT: Where do you get self professed inventor? I'm serious, I want to know if this guy is a kook.

The Wiki says he was part of the original team, with citation.

The evidence of the spike protein accumulating in ovaries or causing damage has only come from people who were infected with COVID19, not the vaccine. You can't just assume that the vaccine would cause the same thing and then use that as a reason not to get vaccinated.

Last edited by theman23; Jun 12, 2021 at 5:49 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 6:52 PM

Manitoba 294 more cases 5 more deaths today. Will this ever end here ? This is beyond depressing seeing everyone else move on from this but us.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 9:37 PM

Alberta vaccine update as of June 11th:

68.5% of eligible population has had one dose
19.2% of eligible population has been fully vaccinated.

Hospitalizations have fallen below 300 now down to 290 with 74 in ICU. Only 3,247 active cases.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 10:09 PM

Ontario is lowering the waiting period for people (like me) with first shot AstraZeneca to 8 weeks, effective this Monday. We can choose either of the 3 current vaccines.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Manitoba 294 more cases 5 more deaths today. Will this ever end here ? This is beyond depressing seeing everyone else move on from this but us.
Cases seem to be trending down in Manitoba. I'm not sure any place has "moved on" from this. We may never "move on". Just look at those UK numbers.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 12:28 AM

Kenney just announced the "Open for Summer" lottery for $1 million as an incentive to get more people to get vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1403865248134696961

Old Posted Jun 13, 2021, 1:21 AM
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
If only there were a safe alternative. Damn, I guess we all need the vaccine then, even our children.
Nope, hydroxychloriquine doesn't save anyone and if you think otherwise you're a Trumpster science denier Chudcel

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada