HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:26 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2019 in Chiang Mai

Northern Thailand is a world away from the bustle of Bangkok or the crowded beaches of Phuket. You come here to enjoy the temples, cooler weather, and mountains. Map out your walking tour and most temples are within a short walk of each other. However, do make use of the Grab cars when the weather gets too hot and you need an air-conditioning break.

Wat Chiang Man is the city's oldest temple and was established in the late 13th century. The best part is out back so be sure to walk further into the site.

Wat Phan Tao is quite unique with a teak interior that distinguishes it from other temples.

Next door is Wat Chedi Luang, a grander temple whose chedi was built in the 15th century. This must be a key sight in the city, with bus-loads of tourists as well as clearly-marked admission lanes.

Wat Phra Singh is the city's most revered temple with plenty of gold in its well-manicured grounds.

More on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/chiangmai.htm

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 5:01 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

amazing place. friends were there recently and i have some of their similar pics. they really liked visiting the area and also vietnam.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 4:46 PM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
amazing place. friends were there recently and i have some of their similar pics. they really liked visiting the area and also vietnam.
Yes, the temples in Thailand, Myanmar, and Cambodia are all so different even though they are next to each other.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2020, 4:46 PM
Hong Kong

Wat U Mong has its chedi rise above a brick platform with passageways inside. This temple dates from the late 14th century and is well worth a look.

More on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/chiangmai.htm

Old Posted Mar 23, 2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

This is my favorite shot in the thread, thank you for a nice exotic diversion!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 8:57 AM
if I sang out of tune

I've heard Chiang Mai is the beautiful version of Bangkok, with hundreds of major temples -what are the streets like?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2020, 10:07 AM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post
I've heard Chiang Mai is the beautiful version of Bangkok, with hundreds of major temples -what are the streets like?
Within the historic centre the streets are narrow and relatively empty. It is nowhere like a megacity the size of Bangkok. It is pleasant to walk around it although the weather isn't that much cooler to truly enjoy it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos