HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Right next to the Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver Conference Center

Image courtesy Hotels.com

Investment firm plans high-end apartment project in Aurora opportunity zone
Aug 5, 2019 By Andrew Dodson – Reporter, Denver Business Journal

Google gets goofy in this part of town; not sure if it's the drugs or what. But by searching the Hyatt I found the site where this is going.

Looks to me like Legacy made a nice strategic site purchase. Slowly but surely this area looks to be prime property in hindsight - especially now that the Grande VA Hospital is open.
I don't think they have the address correct.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trubador View Post
I don't think they have the address correct.

Nice map find. Business Wire was the one source I didn't click on.

If you clicked on my Google street view that 'for sale' sign is on the north end of the site while on this map the peg is on the south end of the site which could very well be the address given.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 6:39 PM

I do think they want to swap the locations of Boulder and DTC, though.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awholeparade View Post
I do think they want to swap the locations of Boulder and DTC, though.
Ouch. That's some BAD labeling. I'd say more like replace Boulder with "Lakewood" and "DTC" with... more Aurora?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 8:46 PM
cities|transit|croissants

The important thing is that the IHOP is clearly labeled. Eyes on the prize, folks.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Nice map find. Business Wire was the one source I didn't click on.

If you clicked on my Google street view that 'for sale' sign is on the north end of the site while on this map the peg is on the south end of the site which could very well be the address given.
the sign you posted is the correct location, but the address in the article is wrong.
Below is the master plan for fitz village:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/43730...693a40aae4.pdf

And here are all the plans submitted to the city of Aurora if you are interested:
https://apps2.auroragov.org/developm...n=5btYAyrWC5o=

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trubador View Post
the sign you posted is the correct location, but the address in the article is wrong.
Below is the master plan for fitz village:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/43730...693a40aae4.pdf

And here are all the plans submitted to the city of Aurora if you are interested:
https://apps2.auroragov.org/developm...n=5btYAyrWC5o=
Interesting stuff. I noticed there was nearly a one year gap in communication. All the detail necessary is something I haven't been aware of but that's what people get paid to do, I guess.

I actually was a bit lucky to figure out the specific site; I'll let others worry about whatever address the property should have.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 4:53 PM

Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Oh boy!!

Credit CBS4 Denver

Old Posted Aug 17, 2019, 9:20 PM
Space Magi

I am now a resident of Boulder!

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 3:07 AM

Brickhouse At Lamar Station

Courtesy Riverpoint Partners

http://www.riverpointpartners.com/po...ore-info-soon/
Quote:
Located steps from the Lamar Station stop (W Line) in the Two Creeks neighborhood of Lakewood, Colorado, Riverpoint and its investment partners are
currently in development on a ground-up four story multifamily building at the corner of W. 13th Avenue and Lamar Street. The high-end, multifamily
development will include secure parking, and numerous community amenities. Upon completion the project will be one of the most iconic buildings in
the area, while still contextually fitting into the former industrial and artistic neighborhoods.
Brickhouse with 293 apartments is scheduled to be complete by Fall 2021.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 6:08 PM

Nuts and bolts are healthy signs of a healthy metro

350-acre master-planned industrial park underway after $18.7M Aurora land buy
Aug 26, 2019 By Andrew Dodson – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
Attracted by the proximity to Interstate 70 and E-470, plus a host of major road improvements that are in the works nearby, a Kansas City-based real estate development firm closed on land this month for more than half of a 350-acre master-planned industrial park in Aurora that can support about 4.4 million square feet of industrial and mixed-use development.
I bet it has a name, no?
Quote:
NorthPoint Development on Aug. 9 closed on 185 acres at the confluence of I-70, E-470, East Colfax Avenue and Picadilly Road in Aurora for $18.7 million, according to Arapahoe County property records. The deal works out to about $2.33 per square foot. The land will be used as the site for what’s being called the Stafford Logistics Center.
Who is NorthPoint Development?
Quote:
The development firm, which didn’t have any prior investments in Colorado, has developed more than 67.3 million square feet of industrial product since its inception in 2012, mostly focusing on industrial projects. Construction is now underway on Building 1 inside the Stafford Logistics Center.

The 598,500-square-foot spec warehouse building is slated to deliver in the second quarter of 2020.
Interesting tidbit for those with an extended family.
Quote:
Cushman & Wakefield’s Denver industrial team of Aaron Valdez, Tyler Smith and Alec Rhodes represented the seller — a family made up of 11 different owners who inherited the land. That team now represents NorthPoint
Does anybody want to be 'way out there?'
Quote:
The building could theoretically accommodate four tenants, but Valdez expects to sign a full-building user. “Maybe two tenants,” he added. “We can accommodate distribution and light manufacturing groups.”

A pair of road improvement projects was a big draw for the site, Valdez said.
The city of Aurora has been working for more than 10 years to create a new interchange at I-70 and Picadilly Road. The $56.6 million project is expected to unlock a roadway network that can better connect people and business to Denver International Airport and the adjacent Colorado Aerotropolis.

Courtesy Stafford LogisticsCenter

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 9:08 PM

Photo courtesy IMT Dayton Station via CREJ

Savoy sells at second-highest price in 2019
August 31, 2019 By Jennifer Hayes - CREJ
Quote:
An Aurora apartment property steps from the Dayton light-rail station sold in one of the highest-priced and largest multifamily sales to close in 2019. IMT Capital LLC purchased The Savoy at Dayton Station Apartments, sold by Starwood Property Trust, which paid $161.5 million for the property in 2016.

The 612-unit community at 3645 S. Dallas St. is second only in number of units to sell this year to the 1,023-unit sale of Ivy Crossing in April.
Being in the Cherry Creek School District is always a value add.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 5:26 AM

Courtesy of Cowley Cos. via Biznow

Cowley To Launch Mixed-Use Development In Aerotropolis
August 28, 2019 By Margaret Jackson, Bisnow Denver
Quote:
Cowley Cos. is gearing up to launch a 50-acre commercial development at the north end of the 21,000-acre aerotropolis district south of Denver International Airport in Commerce City. The Third Creek development, located on 1,300 acres at 104th Avenue and E-470 interchange 10 minutes from DIA, will anchor the northern end of the aerotropolis area.

When it’s completely built out, Third Creek is expected to have 5,000 residents and provide more than 6,000 new jobs. Nearly half of the land developed will be nonresidential and will accommodate 5M SF of aviation technology space, 1.5M SF of commercial space, 75 acres of mixed-use land and three school sites.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2019, 5:53 AM

Superior's entertainment district will include a public plaza.

Courtesy of Ranch Capital LLC

Downtown To Rise In Superior
July 24, 2019 By Margaret Jackson, Bisnow Denver
Quote:
Set to rise on 13 acres in the heart of the town’s master-plan area, downtown Superior’s vision for its urban entertainment district includes office space, entertainment, a public plaza, more than 70K SF of retail space and about 400 multifamily residences — all surrounding a lively, walkable Main Street featuring a large public park, proximity to nearby Coal Creek and views of the Flatirons to the north.
Who's behind this fun venture?
Quote:
Morgan Ranch DTS LLC, the master developer of downtown Superior’s mixed-use core, is a joint venture between San Diego-based Ranch Capital and Morgan Holdings of La Jolla, California. It has been working on the plans for downtown since 2013. With the downtown core four blocks long on both sides of Main Street, the downtown encompasses eight city blocks. Morgan Ranch is developing five of those blocks.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 3:06 AM

Affordable Housing for you and me

North Range Crossings

East Range Crossings

Images courtesy of Dominion via MHN

https://www.multihousingnews.com/pos...ies-in-denver/
Quote:
Dominium has opened two affordable housing properties in Denver. North Range Crossings in Commerce City, Colo., has 216 units, while East Range Crossings encompasses 252 units near the Denver International Airport.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2019, 4:43 AM

The Point at Nine Mile Station

Rendering courtesy Mile High Development and Koelbel & Company

https://milehighdevelopment.com/proj...-mile-station/
Quote:
The project will include a new King Soopers store of 80,000 sf, replacing the 30 + year old 50,000 sf store that has been operating on the site, along with a neighborhood retail strip of 22,000 sf and a new Main Street on the Dartmouth right of way that currently terminates at the site at a fully signalized intersection with Peoria Street. This portion of the site will be focused on serving the residents of this mature community, including the Dam East and Dam West neighborhoods with a grocery anchored neighborhood shopping center.

The balance of the site nearest Nine Mile Station will be focused on a mixed use/TOD development, including a PED/BIKE bridge across Parker Road connecting the site to the light rail station.
Aug 20, 2019
Come hang out with Channel 93.3 for the GRAND OPENING of Kings Soopers in Aurora, off of I-225 & Parker Rd! We'll be there from 6AM-1PM, so come stop by our tent and try your chance at pair of tickets to go see Blink 182 & Lil Wayne! We also have $1000 in free King Soopers gift cards to give out! Don't miss it!

Greg H.
Aurora, CO

Quote:
Wow, what a great new location!

Today, August 21st, 2019 at 6am, King Soopers had a grand opening at their new location. This replaces the old one at the former Regatta Plaza. The new King Soopers is bright and welcoming. It is much larger than the previous store even though it is not a Marketplace format store.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 4:57 AM

Quote:
I just noticed that this quote that you quoted, that I can't quote, says that 104th and E-470 is south of the airport. My map says it's west of the airport. Unless, they are thinking of another interchange. Like 56th and E-470 maybe.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2019, 5:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr8364 View Post
I just noticed that this quote that you quoted, that I can't quote, says that 104th and E-470 is south of the airport. My map says it's west of the airport. Unless, they are thinking of another interchange. Like 56th and E-470 maybe.
Good catch; this map shows it's definitely NW of DIA. Gonna have to have a chat with Margaret Jackson. She's been covering commercial real estate ever since Hector was a pup.

Source

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 3:20 AM
cities|transit|croissants

No development news to report here, but I do want to report that I visited Asheville, NC this spring, and found it be a very Boulderesque city in terms of size, urban vitality, and vibe. It doesn't have a pedestrian mall, but it does have nice tall buildings that drive home how Boulder really would be fine if it had some.

I posted a photo thread. Here's one sample:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West