HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Good news as this stretch was in horrible condition and long overdue.
I hope when they redo that bridge one day, they straighten it out. I dunno why they needed to curve the road just for a bridge.

But great for this stretch, it was god awful.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeman200 View Post
I hope when they redo that bridge one day, they straighten it out. I dunno why they needed to curve the road just for a bridge.

But great for this stretch, it was god awful.
It will be a long time before that bridge is replaced as it's not really that old to begin with. It was replaced sometime in the last 30 or so years. The new was built to the west of the old, so the road had to curve to meet it. Not really any different than just a little ways north where the Adelaide overpass over York and CNR curves to the west, because it was built beside the original Adelaide alignment (which is still there).

Old Posted Aug 5, 2024, 11:50 PM

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 12:38 PM

Top coat finally being installed on Quebec St south of Oxford.

https://london.ctvnews.ca/monday-roa...ject-1.7005497

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 12:47 PM

Adelaide St south of the Thames River has now had the top layer of asphalt ground off in preparation for a new top coat all the way south to Thompson Rd. They completed repairs to sections of the concrete curbs along this stretch a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully the section of Adelaide from Dundas St north to the CP underpass gets the same treatment in the coming months as it too is a mess of broken and heaved pavement.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 8:48 PM

I thought I had read recently that Adelaide south of the CP was supposed to get a more substantial redo, not just a grind and repave. And I thought that was for this year?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 12:13 AM

Got an email update from the city today regarding the Fanshawe and Richmond construction:
  • The road widening and underground works have been completed along Fanshawe Park Road.
  • Last week, crews began placing the first layer of base asphalt marking an important milestone for the project. The second layer of asphalt will follow once testing is complete.
  • We look forward to reopening all lanes on Fanshawe Park Road this fall.
  • Concrete curbs and new retaining walls have been installed on both sides of Fanshawe Park Road, and the sidewalks will be replaced starting the week of August 19.
  • Installation of the permanent traffic signals and street lights will also begin soon.
  • Surface paving is planned for late September / early October and will be completed overnight

Old Posted Aug 23, 2024, 7:33 PM

Doug Ford and Minister of Infrastructure Kinga Surma to hold a press conference in London on Monday next week. Hard to tell what this will be for at this time. If it were related to HWY 3 it would probably be in St. Thomas instead of London. Ministry of Transportation is also not involved in the press conference interestingly enough.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
I thought I had read recently that Adelaide south of the CP was supposed to get a more substantial redo, not just a grind and repave. And I thought that was for this year?
I guess not lol. I saw today that 3 of the 4 lanes on Adelaide between Queens and Central had the top layer ground down.

Also the stretch north of Thompson Rd has been repaved, just waiting on the finishing of line painting.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2024, 6:31 PM

Adelaide St north of Dundas to Central has finally got the top coat of asphalt. Still need to paint the lane markings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure