HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesintheSky View Post
It's a little sad to see very little action in Zibi this summer after so much was happening there at this time last year. Wonder what the stall is about.
Dream LeBreton may be taking a lot of their resources.

Hope the next Ottawa tower starts this year, but we'll see.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 2:09 AM

Dream Lebreton had some great kickbacks that made it happen during what we might call 'the interest rate crisis' because of it's large affordable housing component.

I think we'll see very small interest rate cuts over the next couple of years that will slowly turn the tap back on for other developments that are in limbo.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 2:56 AM

Isn’t one of the residential buildings about to start occupancy?

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaner View Post
Isn’t one of the residential buildings about to start occupancy?
I think both Aalto II and the Commons have already started welcoming new residents.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I think both Aalto II and the Commons have already started welcoming new residents.
Pretty sure Aalto II is fully occupied now. Don't think anyone's living in the Commons yet.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzptichka View Post
Pretty sure Aalto II is fully occupied now. Don't think anyone's living in the Commons yet.
Actually, the first residents moved in a couple of months ago. Site preparation for Block 204 has begun, which means digging should start this year.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisail_ott View Post
Actually, the first residents moved in a couple of months ago. Site preparation for Block 204 has begun, which means digging should start this year.
Good to hear. I was afraid we'd get the first true work stoppage at Zibi.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 2:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of their website. What's in block 204? Is that the tall tower with big views to the west?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 4:10 AM

Ooh nice. I've been checking constantly for progress on Block 204. That second tower is going to add so much to the skyline. I love how Zibi (literally and figuratively) bridges the two city's skylines.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawacurious View Post
I'm not a huge fan of their website. What's in block 204? Is that the tall tower with big views to the west?
Best place to look is Ottawa DevApps. Here's Block 204:

https://webcast.ottawa.ca/plan/All_I...12-22-0071.PDF

Note: there's an error on the title page. This will be purpose-built rentals, not condos.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2024, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Best place to look is Ottawa DevApps. Here's Block 204:

https://webcast.ottawa.ca/plan/All_I...12-22-0071.PDF

Note: there's an error on the title page. This will be purpose-built rentals, not condos.
I believe they have updated the renders since this doc was posted.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2024, 11:48 AM

This is the latest proposal. Less charchwhite, more glassy.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2024, 4:37 PM

Not much going on around Block 204.

Never-ending cladding job

Good to see they added some chairs in the park. Need more. And picnic tables.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2024, 2:27 PM

Has anyone been able to get inside info on why the cladding was removed and reinstated? What happened?

Quote:

Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 4:18 AM

Quote:
2.5 months later, still no end in sight.

So many cranes, but they are all doing non-Zibi things. Zibi has kinda stalled at this point.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 3:42 PM

Yeah, it's too bad. There was so much momentum with two to three buildings u/c at once. Still hopeful the next Ottawa tower will go up this year.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 5:42 PM

(Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...mmunity-Update)

September 24, 2024 03:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This afternoon, DREAM UNLIMITED CORP. and DREAM IMPACT TRUST (collectively “Dream”) commenced marketing 3.27 acres of land for sale within Zibi known as the Capital View Lands. Located in Gatineau, Quebec, the marketed site has exceptional views of Parliament Hill and the Ottawa River and is directly across from Place du Portage – an office complex that houses Canada’s largest concentration of Federal Government employees. With approximately 1 million square feet (“sf”) of potential development density, the Capital View Lands is contemplated to be developed with 5 separate buildings and offers an incoming developer a platform opportunity in the Gatineau area to work closely with Dream.

Zibi is a 34-acre waterfront community located in Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec, overlooking the Ottawa River. The community offers affordable and innovative housing options and incorporates significant inclusivity considerations. In addition, Zibi houses a district energy system which utilizes post-industrial waste for heating and the Ottawa River for cooling which allows for the community to be carbon neutral. Since Dream’s initial investment in 2015, approximately 1 million sf of residential and commercial space has been completed at Zibi, in addition to two parks and 3 plazas which are open to the public.

Dream remains committed to the future build-out of Zibi and its active development role within the National Capital Region. Based on current plans, Dream expects to build a total of 2,500 rental units at Zibi, of which 600 are completed and leased or completing lease up, with another 440 rental units starting construction within the next 12 months. With approximately one-third of the site built to date, selling 10% of the land will provide an opportunity for other developers to bring diversity of product type to the community and reduce the build out period. Between the potential sale of these three acres and the commencement of the two new buildings, the infrastructure debt for Zibi would be substantially paid down and we would continue to build out apartments as absorption permits completing our development within ten years.

“With the recent Senators arena announcement, we are excited to see even more development momentum near Zibi,” said Michael Cooper, Chief Responsible Officer of Dream. “We feel Zibi has generally progressed well and provided opportunities for very innovative partnerships. By bringing in development partners for the Capital View Lands, Zibi’s development pace can be accelerated to provide a mature community sooner in such a vital location to the National Capital Region.”

Last spring, Dream started construction on a 608-unit rental building on the LeBreton Flats Library Parcel, located at the Pimisi O-Train station and a five-minute walk to Zibi. The development of this site is important to Dream and an excellent example of how public, private and not for profit partnerships can bring much needed supply to market across the housing continuum with speed and scale.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 9:29 PM

Do we know how block 1 will look like since its supposed to start in less of 12 months?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa