HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 4, 2023, 4:03 AM

SALT LAKE CITY and the fascinating Utah

These days, my work takes me rather often to different parts of Utah, so I shall be posting some of my travel photos on this thread.

My second latest trip was in early May to visit our office deep in the suburbs of Salt Lake City. I had a early morning flight in and arrived to a spectacular view of the Wasatch Range, which is the eastern border of Salt Lake Valley.

Driving is the primary transportation method in Utah and it has been made incredibly easy. New road investments are common and Interstate 15 (not shown here), the main arterial through the entire metropolitan area, is between 12 and 14 lanes wide. It's something someone from Vancouver just cannot comprehend, although I do marvel driving on it.

There are so many things we don't have in Canada, like the legendary In-N-Out, which was a my place for lunch.

It's a simple menu.

Mount Timpanogos is the second tallest mountain on the Wasatch Range, rising some 11,752 ft (3,582 m) . With record snow on the mountain this winter, it was a sight to behold wherever one was.

Eating out

On my return day I had some time to kill, so I drove to Salt Lake City. The State Capitol has a nice view of downtown.

I didn't have that much time, so I only quickly walked few streets up and down in downtown. It's a rather small place but overall very clean.

I also have to give it to the SLC airport. The entire airport is getting not renovated, but fully rebuilt. I would wager that it is currently the most modern airport in United States and a pleasure to fly through.

That's one trip down with more to come.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos