HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
megadude,
if you're looking for an authentic ski town go to Ellicottville, south of Buffalo. It's only 55 minutes south of the Peace Bridge.
Even if you don't ski/snowboard, Holiday Valley has a mountain coaster open year round (like an alpine slide on a rollercoaster track). The village has numerous shops and restaurants, a good craft brewery, and overall a more casual, happy vibe.

Ellicottville Streetview

I almost went there several years ago. When I did the math, it would have been cheaper to stay there a couple of weeknights than at Blue. Plus, I did find that authentic ski town more appealing. Ultimately didn't make it, but I did pass through the town a couple years later on my way to NYC.

Blue Mountain also has the mountain coaster. Didn't try it there, but I did try it in Gatlinburg, TN in the Great Smokey Mountains. VERY FUN. But not so fun you puke your guts out.

By the way, the last time I did a proper roller coaster was Darien Lake circa 2010. Showed up at opening time and after the third ride, I had to shut it down. Spent next the next three hours passed out in my car. Same with my wife. That's when we both knew that roller coasters were over for us. The previous time was at Wonderland 11 years earlier, grad night, drunk and at 2am. No problem. Being thrown around on Top Gun or Mine Buster with half a mickey in your system, bring it on! Fast forward a decade and I don't think I could handle Ghoster Coaster anymore. No check that, I couldn't handle the tea cups, let alone a roller coaster.

Last edited by megadude; Nov 8, 2021 at 4:01 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada