HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 15, 2020, 11:04 PM
somewhere in-between

Your City in Pop Culture

I thought this might be a fun game / diversion - and I don't think it has been done on this site yet -

Name ONE defining pop culture reference for your home town. Basically, any cultural product, like music, art, literature, fashion, dance, film, architecture, cyberculture, television, radio could count... It should be something with mass appeal / recognition, but it doesn't necessarily need to be the MOST recognized thing. If you city comes up more than once, that's fine, but you need to pick a DIFFERENT pop culture reference each time. The hope is that we'll learn some things about other places and others' perceptions of our home towns. Visual aids are welcome. Here's the twist: whoever goes next needs to first name ONE ADDITIONAL pop culture reference that they associate with the previous poster's city, before naming one for their own city. Get it?

I'll start. Kalamazoo, Michigan is the original home of Gibson Guitars. The factory still exists, and now houses Heritage Guitars, founded by some of the Gibson Guitar makers who stayed behind when Gibson moved to Nashville.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions