HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 3, 2017, 5:46 PM

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
I looked at the JSQ 2060 plan again closely, and I don't think that either the Homestead Assemblage or the Central Ave Extension project are allowed as-of-right under the plan. I'd be curious to see the particulars, but all of the Central Ave Extension site and most of the Homstead Aseemblage are zoned for 65' max...

I can't imagine either of them happening under the current political climate. Especially the Homestead Assemblage, which is next to some 3-story brick row houses and Victorians on Van Reipen Ave; that's an easy target for NIMBYs especially when a variance or rezoning would be needed in order to build these. But maybe the developers already worked something out with the councilman and mayor... after all, the county has been trying to get this Central Ave Extension built for a long time.

We'll find out more on Wednesday, hopefully.
Yes, I noticed that too about the Journal Square plan. This is why I was so excited about the 20 story tower approved for 2795 Kennedy Blvd. It set the precendent for the rest of the area. It would now be a lawsuit if the city denies further development when they approved the one for Kennedy Blvd, as it would be "arbitrary and conprceious."

Plus, the city is ultra pro development, so I'm sure there had been some preliminary discussions held before anyone would start spending money and time on the assembling land.

Last edited by C.; Apr 3, 2017 at 6:14 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations