HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 6:33 AM

No bash against NL intended, but I have to say I'm a little surprised that the office development in SJ's has been going up because of offshore oil? I would've thought that offices would've focused on being in the city of regional significance (close to the airport with the best flights and accessibility to the offshore), which really is Halifax. Granted, YYT has improved some flight links over the years and is growing again.

My hope is that this is a catalyst to get some new office development (beyond what's occurring now) happening. Would be nice to see a few new 20 storey office towers go up, granted Nova Centre will provide some. But even if International Place got built (along with NC), I'd like to see a few more. Bulk up the skyline a little.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy