HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 28, 2009, 6:32 PM

Chicago 3D Model

I'm finishing up a 3D model of Chicago I'm working on for an engineering job and I thought I'd post some renders because everyone here would probably appreciate it. I've been following the forums for quite some time and was really glad to see the system finally allowing Gmail registrations, so I jumped at the chance to get registered.

The model itself isn't going to be as detailed as STR's, for example, but it covers a large area and every building in it is unique, modeled from satellite imagery. The taller skyscrapers (of which there will be approximately 150-200) are a little more detailed, using lots of different reference material (SSP included!)

Eventually the entire area will be filled with the "smaller" buildings. So you'll have to use your imagination. Most of the taller buildings are already modeled and in place, but there are still around 50 to do.

Chicago is the second city I've modeled like this (San Francisco being the first) and it's a fun challenge. I have exactly two illustrations in the diagrams, pathetic I know, and both are from Chicago. Only one is the default illustration, the Aon Center.

Let me know if there are any requests from certain angles, I can probably get a render or two generated.

The buildings will remain untextured as it's not a part of the project. I'll keep posting more renders as more sections of the smaller buildings are finished up over the next couple of weeks.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art