HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 29, 2009, 4:22 AM
IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
Thanks for the tip!! Never would have known to look there.

What about for walking routes into downtown? I know I can walk past the drop in centre, or stay North along the river and pop over Centre Street or Prince's Island. Is there a way in further to the East?

Any tricks for walking to the Saddledome?
If you are on the far east side of Bridgeland, the Zoo bridge through Inglewood, crossing the Elbow river on 9th and south to the 'dome might be a bit quicker, otherwise it's Edmonton trail to 2nd St.

For the zoo crossing: Depending on where you are you either come at it from 12St NE and walk west or from the LRT bridge, walk east. Then tippy-toe WEST through the island (where a lot of bums sleep at night) and cross the suspension bridge landing you just east of 6th St. If you want to go to Inglewood, follow the path EAST along the zoo and cross what is my favorite steel girder car bridge in Calgary. You will be in Inglewood at this time. Stop by at Swan's on 9th & 13th St. for a beer.

Here's a map

Bridgeland to 'Dome

Swan's

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues