HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 4, 2005, 10:08 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyskyline
Oh & I would also love to see a current rendering of the Dubai skyline!
Dubai doesn't have one single skyline but a few clusters. One is in the old centre where the towers are not so tall, one is the famous highway one and the other is the marina, jumeirah lakes and media city. The highway one will change to more of a cluster in the future.

BTW as I already said the tower heights aren't as crazy as they seem. First of all a lot of them have massive spires so some won't reach 300m to the roof. Secondly there's nothing to say some will get shelved or reduced. If you read skyscrapercity there are rumours of new height restrictions due to the airport (It's very silly in some cases). The Al Durrah might be reduced to 200m quoted by an informed forumer over at SSC due to this. This restriction is quite stupid since Emirates towers across the road reach up to 350m. Aswell al durrah is miles away from the airport. (pity because that was one of my favourite designs). One tower which is in big trouble is the megatall at park square though.

The renders of al burj show it having 205 floors and reaching around 900m in height. There's no way it'll be built that tall and I doubt they will build anything taller than burj dubai simply because "dubai" is not in the name of the tower which helps it stand as a symbol for the city.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations