HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I was talking to someone in planning the other day about some things in Riverview. I had asked him specifically about the realignment of the 114 with Bridgedale Blvd. He said with the Stoney creek washout a few years ago, and the anticipated increase in flooding events like this, any crossing of mill creek would now require a bridge. The town and province do not want to under-build the infrastructure, which does make a lot of sense. Due to this, any theoretical realignment would not happen for several years now. He also said the town already owning the ROW and eluded that they may just build it as initially planned if the need to build it comes up before the province would like.

I also asked about what would happen with the old highway ROW between Transaqua and point park when the new Tim Hortons/Shell is build. He indicated that the ROW behind the new development would go to Transaqua and the ROW on the other side of Hillsborough Road would likely be sold for development. This is really good for the connectivity of the area as you no longer would have this big highway right-of-way dividing the carriage hill and bridgedale areas.
Interesting- I thought 114 and Bridgedale were supposed to meet north of the creek (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Br...ld5s?entry=ttu). Would this have to happen in conjunction with a bridge over the creek 500m away, or is this just a cost saving measure? Or am I totally wrong?

And is the dead highway crossing measure going to allow Chambers to connect to Runneymeade/an extension of Oakfield?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces