HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
While it is good news, I believe the 282 million is for the whole state. Septa realistically is probably getting between 120-140 million. So Septa needs more funding.
The government is asking for two things. One is increasing local funding from all five counties and two making Septa a safe and clean system.

Honestly I hope the city, Septa, and other counties can deliver on this.

Final point, sadly this budget keeps the lights on, but no service increase at all. Or addressing the bus operator shortage. Septa unfortunately need to raise fares but it hasn't been raised in years. With that, Septa is going need to grow back ridership and the city needs to upzone more especially around transit stations.
It's probably time for zone pricing on the subway like DC Metro and BART has. Nothing crazy but it's certainly not ridiculous to charge a little more for a trip from 69th street station to Frankford versus Girard to 15th for example. This would only really work with real turnstiles too that are not jumpable. It's insane that Patco has had perfect turnstiles for as long as I can remember but Septa still has the easiest turnstiles to jump. I believe some addict issues on the El would be easily solved with proper turnstiles. Not allowing people to ride the train for free would go a long way. You simply pull back the turnstile as if you're exiting and then you can enter for free.

Last edited by BroadandMarket; Feb 1, 2024 at 3:02 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development