HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 14, 2023, 3:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Not sure what "designated HSR corridor" means.
In the US, the Designated HSR Corridors I showed are some of the routes that the FRA has decided could benefit from High Speed Rail. There is no guarantee that any of them will be built, but there is more hope for them than anywhere else in the US. There is federal matching funding to study and build HSR along these corridors.

In Canada, I included the Quebec-Windsor corridor as it has been studied lots and is the closest we have to a "Designated HSR Corridor."

Quote:
It is not very high speed around Vancouver and I doubt there will be a high-speed train connecting Vancouver to Eugene or whatever that dot is for some time.
Its actually more likely than one would think. Last year, Washington State approved a spending measure of US$150 million (CA$192 million) to proceed with advanced planning work on the proposed Cascadia high-speed rail passenger service linking Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland (an extension to Eugene would likely need to be paid for by Oregon), and the project has the backing of both Microsoft and Amazon.

A full map of the FRA Designated HSR Corridors can be found here:

By Federal Railroad Administration - http://www.fra.dot.gov/Downloads/RRdev/hsrmap-lv.pdf, Public Domain, Link

Last edited by roger1818; Aug 14, 2023 at 3:58 AM. Reason: Fixed error

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada