HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCONCEPT View Post
To fix most of the signal pre-emption now, requires LADOT to stop pussyfooting around and put their General Manager in charge of LADOT Laura Rubio Cornejo to the fire to implement the signal priority.

However the larger items the cost of these projects are going to be very expensive, will require an EIR AND there are other projects already in the queue for completion such as;
  • South Bay K Line Extension to Torrance
  • Southeast Gateway Corridor
  • E Line extension to Whittier
  • K Line Northern Extension
  • Sepulveda Pass Transit Corridor

These projects like the grade separation, Pico Station upgrades and Washington/Flower junction will require significant funds and an environmental impact review to complete. Where it has to obtain those $$$ while not leapfrogging other projects that the voters supported and passed.

However the fixes you are suggesting if they are simple like for the signal preemption that can work.
I generally agree with you with one caveat -with AB 2503 passing (assuming the Governor signs it), these projects should all be CEQA exempt. But understood that they still would take time and $$$.

If I were in charge though, I'd do whatever it took to find that money (enhanced infrastructure finance district, money from Prop A/C, etc.) and make it a top priority, honestly even ahead of the light rail Measure M projects (without using Measure M money to avoid that legal issue). Making our existing light rail system work like a real rapid transit system should be more important than building more light rail.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
I generally agree with you with one caveat -with AB 2503 passing (assuming the Governor signs it), these projects should all be CEQA exempt. But understood that they still would take time and $$$.

If I were in charge though, I'd do whatever it took to find that money (enhanced infrastructure finance district, money from Prop A/C, etc.) and make it a top priority, honestly even ahead of the light rail Measure M projects (without using Measure M money to avoid that legal issue). Making our existing light rail system work like a real rapid transit system should be more important than building more light rail.
The key caveat with that CEQA exemption, if it requires ANY Federal $$$, then the project requires an EIR for NEPA National Environmental Protection Act. Not saying it is not needed its about moving forward just realize the road ahead.

So moving money around to make it a priority also requires acceleration of some of the existing projects

The Opposite of PRO is CON, that fact is clearly seen.
If Progress means moves forward, then what does Congress mean?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation