HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jun 26, 2024, 3:22 PM

I don’t get up this way very often but was nearby this past weekend and decided to explore it. The intersection of Burnside Dr and Akerley Blvd is closed as they are apparently building a roundabout, ugh. Rather than detouring through side streets back to Wright Ave I decided to continue on towards the 118. I got through the roundabout where “the snakes” once were with only minor difficulty - it seems to come on to you unexpectedly as you proceed up the hill - and then I proceeded looking for the 118 inbound. I don’t know if I missed a sign or if they were just not clear but I almost found myself heading to the 107 which is where the design seems to want to send you. It was a bit confusing. DPW strikes again!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2024, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I don’t get up this way very often but was nearby this past weekend and decided to explore it. The intersection of Burnside Dr and Akerley Blvd is closed as they are apparently building a roundabout, ugh. Rather than detouring through side streets back to Wright Ave I decided to continue on towards the 118. I got through the roundabout where “the snakes” once were with only minor difficulty - it seems to come on to you unexpectedly as you proceed up the hill - and then I proceeded looking for the 118 inbound. I don’t know if I missed a sign or if they were just not clear but I almost found myself heading to the 107 which is where the design seems to want to send you. It was a bit confusing. DPW strikes again!
I live on the Eastern Shore and travel this way often. The end of Akerley Blvd that ends in the roundabout is very lacking in proper signage. Signage has been lacking since this roundabout and the new exit to Dartmouth Crossing via Wilkinson Avenue opened. I really hope this is improved once the 107 extension opens.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2024, 3:51 PM

Opening in October possibly?

Quote:
HALIFAX REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY: Highway 102, Bedford / Lower Sackville

Highway 102 near Exit 4C has regular lane closures and construction in both directions until Saturday, September 28, for construction of the Highway 107-Highway 102 interchange.
https://news.novascotia.ca/en/2024/0...fic-advisories

Old Posted Sep 4, 2024, 5:32 PM

The roundabout at Burnside and Akerly is open for traffic to/from Burnside, but all the lanes are not open.

Edited to add: Q104 just said the connector is opening next week.

Last edited by DBaz; Sep 4, 2024 at 7:10 PM.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 12:50 PM

New freeway between Lower Sackville and Dartmouth, N.S., delayed again

Quote:
The freeway was originally scheduled to be completed by fall of 2023(opens in a new tab) but was pushed to fall of 2024. The province says the project will be finished later this year, but it hasn't provided a completion date.
Quote:
The province said weather, relocation of utilities and black ash trees were factors that delayed the connector’s completion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure