View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2009, 4:02 PM

^Ya, I think I still have the documentation on it. About 2 years ago, they came to the RAA meeting and handed out this stuff on a proposal for the lot bordered by Fillmore, 2nd Ave, McKinley, and 3rd Ave. It would house a facility that would rival Scottsdale's Culinary School and would feature a series of restaurants along the ground floor that would allow students to work and train. It was maybe a 3-story complex with the vision of also building on the PHX College side of the lot in the future - filling it with shopping and residential. It sounded like a really good idea at the time and I was excited to see like 5 new restaurants open across the street from me. Of course, it never happened, but I know the company that bought the apartment complex and all of those houses on 2nd Ave still owns it and they were the ones looking to build there. Who knows anymore...but it would be nice to see PHX take a stab at being a culinary leader by building from the bottom instead of just bringing in top culinary talent from other places.