View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2006, 10:19 PM
I am a typical

From the same thread at SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D View Post
Thunder Bay North side Waterfront development... Needs some work though

http://www.thunderbay.ca/docs/waterfront/2745.pdf

Page 55+ has the bulk of the information about the project we have completed phase 1, with improvements being made to the rail way crossings for better access to the water... also it includes moving the rest of the Pool 6 rubble from the site and and getting designs drawn up for the condos/stores ect... we also have plans for a hotel to start construction next year which will be 5-6 storys and condos will also be around that height... Thunder Bay has finally started this plan... it only took 20 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I read the condos will be less than 4 storeys. The city doesn't want to go over the four floor threshold for some unknown reason.

The Marriott Hotel will be 4 floors. If it goes past four floors the city will 'take action'

I also read somewhere they they want to relocated Water Street Bus Terminal, and put condos there.

Lets hope the next city council does something other than sit on their fat asses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D View Post
Well now i know that they want to build a Marriott here i dont know why city council didnt face them towards waterfront property... would have saved them alot of trouble later in finding another hotel to go in there. i know for some reason they dont want to go over the 4-5 story limit of the CN station in PA. just doesnt make any sense to me anyways... why build 6-8 4 story condos when you can build 2 to 3, 6-7 story condos... that would make a nice addition to downtown.. and if they incorparated the retail on the bottom floor they can save some more space on the water front... we should attend some town hall meetings Vid and maybe talk some sense into our damn stupid (and old) city council... make a presentation on the waterfront development for the next meeting late winter, thats what thunder bay really needs to do is tell city council what to do not just let them do whatever they want...
This is a new plan, it looks interesting. Though the buildings have all been scaled back to 4 storeys due to 'complaints'.